6 man History

Leman Saunders":2sksvr1h said:
So did the Lubbock paper...the Lubbock papers mentions it as an 11-man game but that the two schools were in the six-man league...

That was the only one that said it was an 11 man game. Even the NY Times had a blurb.....

So today I found another web forum called 956Sports.com. They are the board that covers the sports down in the Rio Grande Valley (RGV).

I found a post from 2009: http://www.956sports.com/forum/archi...hp/t-2896.html it was a post by Warrior55. He had all the years listed from 1928 and it showed he was working on getting the six-man years 38/54.

I joined the site and sent him a message letting him know I was interested in Santa Rosas six-man days. We'll see if it turns up anything.

I crossed paths with this today. Does anyone know how you go about getting it to read? Maybe one of you have already read it?

The status of six-man football in Texas ...

Robert Kimmons Knight

[more]

Source: OAI

ABSTRACT Thesis (M.A. in Educ.)--University of Kentucky, 1939. Biographical sketch. Bibliography: leaves 37-38.

inter-library loan through a university library would be the only way to get to see it. You wont be able to leave the library with it and only allowed to copy about 10 pages of it. And that is IF the University of Kentucky still has it and IF they are willing to loan it out.

Does anybody have the newspaper article for the Oglesby vs Cherokee playoff game in 94? A friend of mine that played in the game was asking if I could find it.

Go to the gatesville news paper. There is an archive link there. Its free. Just follow the directions. Gatesville covered that area.

CT6MFL - That was written by J C O'Neal and he was the coach for Paint Creek back in the 1950s when they were really good. He also played professionally...I think for Philadelphia but not sure...and played for TCU in college. Thanks.

Ok thanks

I went and checked this morning and it appears that the Archive portion has been removed. Also, when you go to it at the library it now points you the NewsArchive.com. Most likely you have to pay for it now. I know the newspaper still had the paper copies as of last year. You can call them and they will tell you if you can come look at them or not.

Huh? You are not serious are you? That's a brand new school (as far as semi old farts like me are concerned). Opened doors in 2005... figured you know Steel

Back