2021 Coaching Changes Thread

Redraider092":15hcms8p said:
I'm always curious to watch the changes come about. Anyone have any to report thus far?
As of now... I see Nazareth (hot spot), Bryson, Grady, Aquilla open so far. Have no idea where the coaches are going but I predict there will be a lot of movement before next season!

Everyone Knows More":k1nk8mh5 said:
So many are getting out of the business, Sad

I wish this wasn't true but I also do not blame coaches and educators for leaving the education system. Parents can be ruthless and irresponsible, making it a very tough profession now days. Coaches have to put up with too much crap from helicopter parents who think their kid is treated inappropriately by not getting to play.

A small percentage of parents have always be problematic in most communities for decades(not just lately). School Admin just needs to be tough with a backbone and put people in their place in a professional way. Stop letting people complain about playing time and/or losses.

Good advice: Make decisions on fact and principle not emotions and feelings. Give a guy 3 years at least.

For example:

Too many times community folk get mad because we loss to our rival and we haven’t lost to them in 8 years so it is the coaches fault this year. Not thinking well we did graduate 6 Sr and they didn’t lose anyone. Sorry my heart hurt that coaches leave the profession and a lot of Administrations don’t stand up and a board member of a 125 pound spreadback wants the coach out after year 1. :(

Did Grady have their new coach and then he changed his mind? I saw that the job was posted again on THSCA job board. Or are they just waiting for a particular coach to commit?

Longhorn85":2iifnfht said:
I believe the Lee to Aquila.. plus’s staff deal is done
Yes, Looks like Coach Lee is on to the next challenge. Aquilla is in a district which shouldn't take too much work to get into the playoffs(second or first place), the question is can they compete with the May's of the sixman world. Just how much talent is Aquilla bringing back? Reminds of that old Clint Eastwood movie, For A Few Dollars More.

If Leman says it true I don't doubt it. But I'm still stunned.
Having not lived there in over 10 years I don't know what's happening in small town Texas.
But I wonder about it all being about for a few dollars more.
Aquillia is not in oil or windmill country. He, Denise, Coaches Cervantes and Eli?
I'll not speculate.
Though we're not close he's always treated me with respect though I was never really involved in school or town politics. Even asked my opinion a few times after we moved away.
Best of luck my friend, to you and Denise.

https://www.1afan.com/highlightsfromthehinterland.html

Back