2013 ROUND 1 PICKEMS

oldfat&bald":15z4w6vm said:
CowboyP":15z4w6vm said:
oldfat&bald":15z4w6vm said:
hornkeeper12":15z4w6vm said:
They actually think their worst team is ten steps ahead of our best team.

Change "think" to "know" and you'd be right. ;-)

That's OK, we like you East Texas weenies any way. :)
Dirt eater, nobody asked for your opinion.

Who said we wanted to hear from an orange mohawked cedar chopper?
Nobody. I just decided to grace y'all with my presence....

Too many people are counting buckholts out. Why, I don't know. They fight hard, I wad at the seguine buckholts game and buckholts won from about a 2-3 touchdown loss. They have also won district two years in a row undefeated. Everyone has their own opinions, but some of you need to be smart with them, abbott will be a good game and it could go any way. Best of luck to the players.

Thanks for letting me have my opinion. My opinion is that Buckholts has had a weak schedule and has played in a weak district. Now I am perfectly willing for Buckholts to prove me wrong in the playoffs. But they will have to.

I am thinking that the May parent did not like the "East doesn't count" comment. Flying under the radar has always been a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Blue Bird":1q4nwjm7 said:
Thanks for letting me have my opinion. My opinion is that Buckholts has had a weak schedule and has played in a weak district. Now I am perfectly willing for Buckholts to prove me wrong in the playoffs. But they will have to.

How was it a weak schedule? Take Prairie Lea out of the equation, which was the end of a two year commitment, and our non-district opponents record is 50-10. Five of those losses come from last years state champion Seguin Lifegate. 3 of those losses came from us. Can't comprehend it being called a "weak" schedule. I guess they all had weak schedules then. Someone said it earlier, only one team in the top 10 from the east. Buckholts doesn't have the funds to travel five hours to play a team, just so you think we're worthy of your praise. Our three losses all came from teams ranked in the Overall Top 30. I know these comments are opinioned based and very subjective; but the kids line up on Friday nights and play whomever is in front of them. No reason to diminish their accomplishments and tear them down to make yourself or your team look better. You pick Abbott; so be it. Tons of people will and I get it. We're still going to show up tomorrow night and leave everything on the field.

rainjacktx":2tlzmtgq said:
There's one team from the east in the top 10. One. It was that way last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. Compare May's lofty #6 ranking with the 5 teams above them: Either the #1 or #4 team will go home in the first round. Two of the top five teams will be sent home from the playoffs by the second round.

In all honesty, it would be a fairly accurate statement this year to say: "who cares about regions 1,3, or 4?"

You guys need to get your Depends unbunched or you'll leak all over your skirts.

Well the rankings favor the west just like the bcs favors the SEC conference. Rankings mean nothing thats why championships are won on the field not by rankings. First let me say im not a Richland Springs fan but no team in the past has been much competion for them look at the state championships for them yes they are d2 now but they was dominant when they was d1 also. GUESS WHAT THEY ARE FROM THE EAST. DID I SAY THE EAST YES I DID

Coach, while you are defending your schedule to the limit, (with some reason I admit) give your overall record for this year too. I would also be interested in how many of the teams Buckholts beat made their playoffs and how for they go.

I thought this was a pickem thread?

DI

Happy
Paducah

Whiteface
Grady

Borden County
Anton

Valley
McLean

Garden City
Sterling City

Ira
Throckmorton

Crowell
Hermleigh

Water Valley
Rankin

May
Lingleville

Blum
Saint Jo

Savoy
Walnut Springs

Gordon
Lometa

Aquilla
Coolidge

Fannindale
Apple Springs

Oakwood
Leverett's Chapel

Buckholts
Abbott

This is all I have for DII
For the Gold!

Follett
Richland Springs

Blue Bird":2racri14 said:
Coach, while you are defending your schedule to the limit, (with some reason I admit) give your overall record for this year too. I would also be interested in how many of the teams Buckholts beat made their playoffs and how for they go.

7 of 10 made the playoffs. Will let you know how they end up when it's all over. Jonesboro and Calvert play in the first round, so one will obviously have to lose.

Coach Satcher, you have to remember that most of us on here are has-beens. The only thing we can do is talk about the games; you are in the trenches on a daily basis and your opinion is really all that matters. I think you've done a remarkable job at Buckholts and I admire that you "take-up" for your kids.
You don't need to defend the East; just take care of business and everything will sort itself out.

For what it is worth here are my first round picks:

DI
Happy
Whiteface
Anton
Valley

Garden City
Throckmorton
Crowell
Water Valley

May
Blum
Walnut Springs
Gordon

Aquilla
Fannindel
Oakwood
Buckholts

DII
Follett
Amherst
New Home
Motley Co

Dawson
Loraine
Blackwell
Grandfalls

Guthrie
Newcastle
Strawn
Northside

Richland Springs
Jonesboro
Milfrod
Blanket

Dave Campbell needs to give me a job handicapping 6-man games. Obviously, none of you 'experts' know what you're talking about.

Me and Texman301 were the only two people in this thread who picked Ira. So now the East has no one left in the playoffs.

...sometimes I crack myself up.

PopRay":2483puds said:
Hey I got all the D1's correct...missed 2 of the D2's.....

Who is the Prognosticator of the Week?

Yeah. Sorry about that, but this is the official pickem' thread. Due to changes mandated by Obamacare, if your picks were not in this thread, then they never happened.

Back