Who will shock the world

don’t sleep on milford. as long as they keep buying into what cervantes is selling it will be a great season for us! #MB4L
Yes! I knew Coach Cervantes would come in right away and make a big difference!! These are some tough Bulldogs he is building up!!! As Milfordinsider said, winning a playoff game this season is a win for us, after the being off the map a few years!!!

GO DAWGS!!

Yes! I knew Coach Cervantes would come in right away and make a big difference!! These are some tough Bulldogs he is building up!!! As Milfordinsider said, winning a playoff game this season is a win for us, after the being off the map a few years!!!

GO DAWGS!!
After the big win last week he is a made man in Milford right now . It feels good to have a coach who invest his time with the team . The boys actually had a summer program for the first time I can ever remember. It’s no secret Milford has always produced great talent , but talent will only get you so far . There’s a lot of pressure to win in Milford , Crumpton was home grown and he got ran out for failing year after year. Wells didn’t even make it a full year as AD. Coach Cervantes has energized these kids, has the communities support, and is on the verge of bringing Milford back . Thanks to Coach Lee and the Greyhounds for sending him our way .

After the big win last week he is a made man in Milford right now . It feels good to have a coach who invest his time with the team . The boys actually had a summer program for the first time I can ever remember. It’s no secret Milford has always produced great talent , but talent will only get you so far . There’s a lot of pressure to win in Milford , Crumpton was home grown and he got ran out for failing year after year. Wells didn’t even make it a full year as AD. Coach Cervantes has energized these kids, has the communities support, and is on the verge of bringing Milford back . Thanks to Coach Lee and the Greyhounds for sending him our way .
why did crumpton leave?

why did crumpton leave?
Got 45’d at state in 2014, gave up 100 points in the title game in 2018. 0 Titles during the smith era (Lost to the eventual state champions all 4 seasons in the playoffs) . The final straw was when the 4x1 team qualified for the state meet but quit and didn’t run at state because they didn’t agree with the way he handled the relay and who was going to run at state . He was asked to step down and he retired .

Milford went young and got Cervantes, Wells should’ve never been hired… this is a young coaches game now… no disrespect to the older coaches but it’s time for these schools to start hiring younger coaches who can actually build a program. As Milford insider said, having a summer program FINALLY helps a team get better… we won’t win state this season, but Cervantes will lead us there one day.. one year at a time… one pack, one goal!!

GO DAWGS!!

Plenty of reasons.. But I do know that his players never respected him they took him as a joke.. He wasted plenty of talent at Milford and always found a way to get outcoached in big games.. It was just time for a change and I’m glad that it finally happened!
Lots of total wins , none in the biggest moments. Coaches like Burkhart, Lee, and Crawford always had his number .

New that sophomore only went too Westbrook for one year, he’s been in Loraine all he’s life except for he’s freshman year.
No body is arguing that. That kid and family is good as gold. I knew his dad when he went to Colorado city. I played against his dad when he transferred to Loraine. I have nothing but respect for them.

The other kids mom is from WB and he spent a lot time in the WB halls. Great kid as well.

The problem is y’all are hung on this home grown crap and no one else has that. Well I hate to say it y’all don’t either. In fact I have a picture of his dad saying he enjoys watching his kid playing varsity this year haha. I want nothing but the best for those two kids along with D. Fans or parents just need to settle down and quit bring up false crap. Oh wait brings attention to your program.

No body is arguing that. That kid and family is good as gold. I knew his dad when he went to Colorado city. I played against his dad when he transferred to Loraine. I have nothing but respect for them.

The other kids mom is from WB and he spent a lot time in the WB halls. Great kid as well.

The problem is y’all are hung on this home grown crap and no one else has that. Well I hate to say it y’all don’t either. In fact I have a picture of his dad saying he enjoys watching his kid playing varsity this year haha. I want nothing but the best for those two kids along with D. Fans or parents just need to settle down and quit bring up false crap. Oh wait brings attention to your program.
Why does the homegrown “crap” get to u so much their buddy ole pal?? Because it’s a fact right? Prove me wrong then. Go look at our roster and tell me who isn’t homegrown on Loraine’s varsity squad. I’ll wait. Both them kids that were at Westbrook are from Loraine. My son went to Westbrook all his life but was raised w me too and w these Loraine boys. Unlike at Westbrook, where they’ve made a living off of transfers. Don’t make me bust out yalls rosters for the past several years and point out how many transfers y’all had haha and I’m the boys dad and what if I said he’s playing varsity, u have a problem w it? Y’all’s coach and an ex friend tried to keep him from playing varsity in Loraine🤣🤣HOW DID THAT GO FOR YALL?? A little like that GC game last Friday? 🤣🤣 Everyone knows if u ain’t part of that clik or family in Westbrook, you’re nobody. Haha. And for the Loraine didn’t impress u at the scrimmage, how bout em now? Westbrook knows scrimmages don’t matter, y’all lost to Spur last year in a scrimmage🤷🏻‍♂️It’s not how u start, it’s how u finish. Loraine’s obviously doing something right or else they wouldn’t be ranked #2 #HOMEGROWNBOYS

Last edited:
This homegrown vs not and counting transfers talk is getting silly. A lot of six-man school districts don't even have enough kids who live in the district to have a school. If it weren't for kids transferring in, a lot of these small schools would shut down. I'd imagine there are vastly more schools that aren't what you folks would consider "home grown" than those that are, but who really cares anyways? It's just one more thing for folks to bring up to try to bring another school down, which is just silly.

Maybe, and this might be an odd thought, but just maybe the kids transfer because their parents think the school outside their home district is better than the one in their home district.

It's been said on these forums numerous times, if you have proof of wrongdoing, bring it to the UIL and let them handle it. It's pretty clear that, given sufficient evidence, the UIL will take care of business. However, this isn't the place to air that out. Next topic, please!

Why does the homegrown “crap” get to u so much their buddy ole pal?? Because it’s a fact right? Prove me wrong then. Go look at our roster and tell me who isn’t homegrown on Loraine’s varsity squad. I’ll wait. Both them kids that were at Westbrook are from Loraine. My son went to Westbrook all his life but was raised w me too and w these Loraine boys. Unlike at Westbrook, where they’ve made a living off of transfers. Don’t make me bust out yalls rosters for the past several years and point out how many transfers y’all had haha and I’m the boys dad and what if I said he’s playing varsity, u have a problem w it? Y’all’s coach and an ex friend tried to keep him from playing varsity in Loraine🤣🤣HOW DID THAT GO FOR YALL?? A little like that GC game last Friday? 🤣🤣 Everyone knows if u ain’t part of that clik or family in Westbrook, you’re nobody. Haha. And for the Loraine didn’t impress u at the scrimmage, how bout em now? Westbrook knows scrimmages don’t matter, y’all lost to Spur last year in a scrimmage🤷🏻‍♂️It’s not how u start, it’s how u finish. Loraine’s obviously doing something right or else they wouldn’t be ranked #2 #HOMEGROWNBOYS
9/30/22 7:30 #realdeal

Turns out, I was the idiot who didn't realize what he was trying to say initially. I thought he was just posting some random date and hashtag. My mind isn't working quite like it should right now. Ha!
All good I’m just messing with ya hope all is well in these times and again thanks for all you do.

This homegrown vs not and counting transfers talk is getting silly. A lot of six-man school districts don't even have enough kids who live in the district to have a school. If it weren't for kids transferring in, a lot of these small schools would shut down. I'd imagine there are vastly more schools that aren't what you folks would consider "home grown" than those that are, but who really cares anyways? It's just one more thing for folks to bring up to try to bring another school down, which is just silly.

Maybe, and this might be an odd thought, but just maybe the kids transfer because their parents think the school outside their home district is better than the one in their home district.

It's been said on these forums numerous times, if you have proof of wrongdoing, bring it to the UIL and let them handle it. It's pretty clear that, given sufficient evidence, the UIL will take care of business. However, this isn't the place to air that out. Next topic, please!
That’s 100% why we get kids, so all the crap talk is just an excuse for nobody wanting to be a part of what they have going on. And transfer or not these kids other than a couple have been in this school system for years. They didn’t just all the sudden appear out of nowhere lol

That’s 100% why we get kids, so all the crap talk is just an excuse for nobody wanting to be a part of what they have going on. And transfer or not these kids other than a couple have been in this school system for years. They didn’t just all the sudden appear out of nowhere lol
Why some think it's illegal recruiting to hire personnel to work at your school, and just happen to have kids is beyond me. If they are honest with themselves, it happens at every school. It's a non-issue, period.

Why some think it's illegal recruiting to hire personnel to work at your school, and just happen to have kids is beyond me. If they are honest with themselves, it happens at every school. It's a non-issue, period.
I don’t think it’s an issue until a school’s starting varsity team is made up of 30-50% first year transfer students …. And then the fans Get on the message boards bragging about being homegrown. It only matters when you try to pass it off as being a built. The problem is fans trying to pretend they are different from everyone else.

Back