Who can win state in TCAF @ TCAL?

TCAF
Lucas Christian- Enough said.....

TCAL
This will come down to Marshall Christian and CC Arlington

Marshall Christian will surprise a few this year. They did not have a team last year but won the state title in 2015. Several key players coming back for them including a very talented spread back, and should be senior heavy.

CC Arlington- This team only lost 2 seniors last year and will have 4 returning this year. One will be the monster 300lb center to anchor the middle.

SA Winston played really good football last year and have a great program but losing 9 seniors is devastating to any program.

My only question about TCAL is your pick of Marshall Christian. Under the TCAL rankings by Granger, he was unsure if Marshall was fielding a team this year. Also, you said they were the 2015 state champs and they didn't field a team last year, but that they should have alot of returning players? What happened last year that kept them from fielding a team after a great 2015 season?

JH PACER COACH":3jsxlk1d said:
My only question about TCAL is your pick of Marshall Christian. Under the TCAL rankings by Granger, he was unsure if Marshall was fielding a team this year. Also, you said they were the 2015 state champs and they didn't field a team last year, but that they should have alot of returning players? What happened last year that kept them from fielding a team after a great 2015 season?

Marshall Christian won the 2015 TCAL Division 2 state title. They lost 3 seniors that year which were all captains. They did not field a team in 2016. It Could have been because they lacked seniors, or It could have been to focus on basketball. No telling. I believe they made it to the semis last year.
This year if they have the same group they should have 5 or more seniors and 2-3 juniors.

The top competitor(s) in division 1 TCAF compared to Lucas also lost significant numbers of starters (Nazarene lost 4 players of there starting offense), while Lucas lost two starters and 3 total players altogether, but returned 4 All-State players on offense.

cbw1":3m9kal2b said:
The top competitor(s) in division 1 TCAF compared to Lucas also lost significant numbers of starters (Nazarene lost 4 players of there starting offense), while Lucas lost two starters and 3 total players altogether, but returned 4 All-State players on offense.

So its just Lucas fans talking about Lucas. I bet the other schools are taking note.

I agree with you SWRaider. From the sounds of it we should just go ahead and crown Lucas Christian as TCAF's state champion and Marshall Christian as TCAL's state champion, even before the season starts.

Not a Lucas fan, just sharing thoughts on my predictions for state, what are yalls predictions for TCAF division 1 State champs if it's not Lucas.

SWRaider":27sjd04w said:
TCAF D1 could go any way among 4-5 schools. Wylie, Waco, Nazarene, Lucas, and Westlake
TCAF D2, is all St Paul's
See i disagree with your division 1 one predictions for many reasons.
Wylie's offense last year was centered around one player alone that was there all star and is now graduated, but with him they were at best, an average team.
Waco Methodists team each season changes because it is a detention center and loses and gains new kids every year so the talent they had in 2016 may not be the same in 2017.
Nazarene, lost a total of 13 seniors with 4 being starters on offense and pretty much the entire starting defense.
Westlake was mediocre in 2016 and although they only lost a few guys, they lost a big starter on defense.
Lucas lost a total of 3 seniors with only 1 of those seniors playing both ways. Lucas was the highest scoring offense in the nation in 2016, and there high powered offense may not appear in there first few weeks, because of the loss of their All-state QB, but they will make it happen once district hits again i believe

Marshall Christian will be a tough match for anyone. 4 straight State Basketball State Championship and a Sate Championship the last time on the football field. The QB is as good as it gets in sixman. They should have a great shot at the title if they stay healthy.

We have both St Paul's Prep and Marshall Christian on our schedule this year! I know St Paul's is a very good team and I think they will repeat as TCAF D2 State Champions, they have a great bunch of boys out there in Arlington. I don't know too much about Marshall Christian but what I've heard they have a very good chance winning a TCAL title! I've heard good things about the boys from Marshall!

Back