When will we have Football?

I feel like all of these schools that wanna push their start date until September or after should just have to forfiet those games. Our school, town and mostly our kids need to play football this year. I am afraid the UIL will cave to these bigger school districts and mess everything up for the ones that actually want to play!

it will go until schools have to quarantine teams. Once that starts to happen Pandora's box will be open and it will be the never ending season.

Example- Team A's team has 16 kids and 11 test positive from playing Team B (who had a unknown positive). Now they have to quarantine those students for "x" amount of days. Don't have enough so know you have to forfeit? Coaches are going to be loosing their minds, cause their students re quarantined, and there is nothing we can do.

Don't compare to strep or flu, we have all had students play through those types of sickness, no one in their right mind would put a student through covid, just in case they were the 10-20% that gets severe symptoms. Like I said this going to be Pandora's box and crap load of liability from school, coaches, trainers, etc..

SIXMAN DAD- how to make those school forfeit their games when the Department of Health is not letting them start face to face instruction which takes away face to face extracurricular. I am pretty sure most of these teachers and coaches want to b with their students and athletes.

I don't like to be negative, but I'm just wondering how all this testing is going to take place when the actual flu season starts. Will these labs be able to keep up with the added demand of flu tests? I'm asking because I am not familiar with a flu test. We could see a scenario where we see an influx of flu illnesses that don't get treated and then we have an even bigger problem.

My guess is UIL will start practices in September sometime. I think a full season for rural communities could work, however I think there would some furniture moving if that happened.lol. I'm sure championship dates would stay the same with a modified version for UIL schools. If you have a smaller district a cap of 6-7 is my thinking. I don't know much but this what I have heard as an option.

The “MASTER PLAN”, whatever that turns out to be won’t survive the first 2-3 weeks of school no matter when they start it. Like a pebble at the top of the mountain that falls and starts an Avalanche, the first case/cases will start the cycle of closing then reopening and closing and reopening until it all shuts down.
I really hope I’m WRONG, but as a practical matter, I’m afraid I’m going to be right.
Just saying.........

They just put out the fall plan. It's on the UIL website. That will hurt the TAPPS schools tremendously. I don't know how I'll get any pre-district games for the next two years. Oh well, I'm happy for you guys who can have some normalcy!

With the UIL plan being announced, I was wondering what individual schools will do about fan attendance.
Do they sell only X number of tickets, separate seating in some way, do away with concessions, limit/segregate visitors...............the questions abound............ and chaos may well reign..........

FSCA may be right that it will be open/close; reopen/close/ reopen this school year.
But just say we open and there are no resets. If that is the case UIL just made one of the worst possible decisions. I love six-man football and for them this is good news. For 2A and 3A for the most part good for them as well. When you get into 4A this could cause some real problems for schools. A lot of the large 4A schools will schedule non-district games with small 5A for different reasons. What are they (4A) going to do about early season games that have already been scheduled? If UIL was going to delay the season it should have been across the board for ALL schools.
Please don’t jump on me for discussing 11-man ball on our 6-man sight. I think this is a football issue and will in the long term impact everyone. And again UIL gives special consideration to the large schools. How is it “safe” for 4A schools in Ft. Worth, Dallas and Houston to play but not for the 5A and 6A schools. There is a 4A, D1 District of FT. Worth schools, of Dallas schools and Houston schools. What is the difference in these 4A schools as compared to 5A or 6A in Ft. Worth, Dallas and Houston?

It shouldnt affect and public 6-man school. But Tarrant county and McLennan County made stuff more difficult today.
Gholson is the only 6-man school in McLennan I believe

This is not sixman either but the Dallas ISD has delayed face to face in person on campus learning until September 8, the day after Labor day. Fort Worth until September 28th, something about time for a possible post Labor Day surge/spike to play out.

I've not really kept up with the high school football implications of the continuing rising numbers. I don't know if the above means no access for players and coaches to locker rooms or the field until the dates mentioned or not. If so it seems it might eliminate full seasons for some, the 28th in particular would also get into district games for some of these teams.

Just a few positive cases for players in a district would have far reaching effects regarding quarantining for multiple teams. Even in sixman.

Exactly right 51. Ok so a sophomore is positive, he has multiple classes therefore multiple contacts of potentially all high school grade levels. And the teacher was exposed and had multiple contacts with students,
From her other classes, other teachers, the principal and superintendent. Oh, and did I mention she is seeing a football coach ?
School shutdown.......could happen......Just saying.......j

FCSA football":35zjkrkq said:
Exactly right 51. Ok so a sophomore is positive, he has multiple classes therefore multiple contacts of potentially all high school grade levels. And the teacher was exposed and had multiple contacts with students,
From her other classes, other teachers, the principal and superintendent. Oh, and did I mention she is seeing a football coach ?
School shutdown.......could happen......Just saying.......j

And that's just in the school, nevermind going to the store, gas station, and fast food restaurant then going home to elderly family members.... this could turn out very, very, very bad. I pray that it won't, I really do!

FYI Topher and FCSA, The Texas physicians I have seen discussing the virus said it was expected to spread more rapidly and infect more of the population. That is how the overall population will develop immunity to the virus as time goes by. Protect the elderly and those with multiple health conditions but healthy people need to get along with their life and normal activity. The virus is now easily treatable and recovery has been fast for otherwise healthy individuals. The Media is distorting the severity of this pandemic for political reasons. Keeping everyone locked down serves no good purpose. People are losing their jobs and businesses over this fiasco. For instance Parker County has over 700 cases according to press releases but only one fatality. That one fatality was over two months ago and had multiple health issues. Every ONE ELSE HAS RECOVERED.. If you want to go along with your "Sky is falling" story you need to hide under your keyboard not on it. Your doomsday hand wringing only perpetuates the crap we are seeing in the Media.

Never said the sky was falling. There is a lot of numbers being kicked around but stating this is an “old people’s” disease or “already sick person’s disease “ is false. Currently California’s leads the nation in cases.
70% of them are 49 or younger. Closer to home, Bryan -College Station new infection numbers show 49 % of new cases are 44 or younger. So don’t perpetuate the myths.
When you are dead, you don’t know it, everyone else does. Same thing when you are an idiot.
Just saying......

FCSA football":2a95jyfr said:
Never said the sky was falling. There is a lot of numbers being kicked around but stating this is an “old people’s” disease or “already sick person’s disease “ is false. Currently California’s leads the nation in cases.
70% of them are 49 or younger. Closer to home, Bryan -College Station new infection numbers show 49 % of new cases are 44 or younger. So don’t perpetuate the myths.
When you are dead, you don’t know it, everyone else does. Same thing when you are an idiot.
Just saying......
You have always had problems with concepts. Those 70% who are 49 years or younger will recover. The general population has to be exposed to the virus to develop immunity. Immunity is necessary so future generations will not be as sensitive to this particular strain going forward. State wide the median age is 31 years of age getting the virus. Physicians know but evidently you don't that going forward the number of cases will increase but that does not equal a death sentence. Being contagious is a different aspect vs being virulent. In the last three months the medical community has found some inexpensive drugs which treat Covid very well and most people including those with multiple health issues have recovered. So you are the Pied Piper of this Pandemic but an uneducated one at best. Glad the school boards don't rely on your opinion on whether to play football or not. Our generation survived Polio which was much more virulent than this virus. If you remember, which I doubt, that the whole population was not LOCKED down for Polio, just those who were infected. Its sad you try to influence this message board with a poorly informed opinion on this topic. We can read and hear what you are spouting 24/7 on the News. Try to do some research on previous viral outbreaks before being a Parakeet for a local media. Stick to cedar hacking, just be careful with that axe.

I didn’t understand Texlonghorn’s post in the way you did FCSA. I read it to mean that the older people are at higher risk for more severe cases of the virus.
I have spoken to my doctor about this and he agrees that until we develop “herd immunity” we are facing a longer period of time until this virus is under control. Note that I said under control, not eliminated. Even with a vaccine this virus will be around, lurking in the shadows, for a long time.
I happen to be in the high risk age group and take appropriate precautions. I also think that a large segment of society tend to look at the negatives of this situation and ignore the positives that are beginning to appear.

Back