When will we have Football?

High school sports are being delayed and may be cancelled precisely because of lax attitudes towards Covid-19. The vast majority of western world nations have gotten their curves to flatten. So long as there are excuses being made, thousands will continue to get infected daily and around 100 people in Texas will die each day. Skew the numbers and make up excuses like double counting, whatever. FCSA's point (and mine) was not the "sky is falling" Texlonghorn75. Just because we are concerned about the local population in six man towns doesn't make us alarmists... it makes us realists. The fact that the Texas doctors have come to the conclusion that there is no stopping Covid-19 in the state and that the general population will just have to develop immunity means that many people are still going to die before the dust settles.

High school football will be back but the season may definitely be interrupted again and again. How long can the UIL allow for the season to be finished? January? February? I know that runs into basketball season for 6 man schools which poses giant problems of its own....

TOPHER AND FSCA - It is time for both of you to stop spreading unfounded "facts". Both of you insist that these high school kids will get infected some how some way. Then they will go home and infect other members of their family. That all may be true and may happen. The false information both of you spew is that these same kids will also go home an infect "OLDER FAMILY MEMBERS" that are living at home. Not every kid in school has grand parents or great aunts and uncles living in the same household. This may be true in New York but is jus not the fact here in Texas. Both my parents and my In-laws have passed away, all but my dad were well into their 70's or even 80's and none of them ever lived with any of their children. Also my siblings or my wife's siblings have ever lived with any of our children. So the next time you make that general statement please back it up with proven stats. Otherwise you still fall in that group of people (78%) that make up their stats on the stop.

Sure oldergoat... I'll stop as soon as you stop spreading the OAN/Fox garbage about how everything is just fine and dandy and herd immunity is the best way to go. The limited scope of "if it doesn't affect me personally, then I don't care" that these conservative networks are putting into people's minds is one of the many reasons why Texas can't get their curve to flatten. But hey, no matter what I say, I'm the dumb one.... god forbid anyone say anything critical of how the pandemic has and is being handled.

topher800":f482gchr said:
Sure oldergoat... I'll stop as soon as you stop spreading the OAN/Fox garbage about how everything is just fine and dandy and herd immunity is the best way to go. The limited scope of "if it doesn't affect me personally, then I don't care" that these conservative networks are putting into people's minds is one of the many reasons why Texas can't get their curve to flatten. But hey, no matter what I say, I'm the dumb one.... god forbid anyone say anything critical of how the pandemic has and is being handled.
Topher 800, Just how exactly did you handle the previous Pandemic? Please enlighten our inquiring readership with your blueprint. According to everything I have read and studied just the sick people were quarantined or set apart in previous Viral Pandemics, not the whole population from each other. How did this whole population quarantine become such a good idea? It's like telling people not to drink beer or have sex, this whole country and whole world quarantine business was just a extreme exercise doomed to failure. As a people tired of being controlled by dubious and out right false information people will do what they always have done. Survive and get on with their lives. Covid 19 will continue to spread and people with continue to test positive but they will survive and live to see future challenges whether they play six man football or not. If wearing a mask solves the issue why isn't the economy and the country reopened now?? Early on it was do not wear a mask and now it's wear a mask at all cost. Need to add some Kaopectate to that BS, it is getting thin.

Older Goat,
Please go back to your post and review your accusations toward me and the so called “facts”.
Then go back and review my posts and find me ONE EXAMPLE!
You won’t. While I agree with you at times, I cannot stand prevarication or those who try to sell it.
Please find one example and PM me.
You won’t find one. The numbers I quoted are readily available in published reports on Fox and KBTX.
So spew your garbage at someone else.
I’m waiting for your example.....,,.,,.

topher800":36ut16pu said:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...2395/081918b0-d3b8-48dd-a6ce-7ac33c517324.jpg

Photo says it all Tex... photo says it all. Perhaps football and other athletics would be back as usual if people had seen something like this a few months ago.
Good stuff but who is doing all that tabulating and reporting of cases and deaths? Who can verify that what is reported isn't fabricated? Credibility in the media is at a all time low. The Canadian media might be more trustworthy but I have a difficult time believing all the unsubstantiated claims of the US media. You believe what you read and hear, I question what I read and hear. Their agenda to make the Pandemic look as bad as possible is obvious. We are not hearing about large groups of homeless people dying because they don't access to face masks and hand sanitizers. We didn't see any of the government workers wearing face masks early on in the Pandemic and yet we have never heard of an outbreak of Covid in the US government anywhere.

You want to see the raw data? It is not that hard. Each state DHS reports it on their website. You want to see the raw data from Texas, it is on the DHS website. It comes in spreadsheets. (https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/)

Are there mistakes? Yes. Abilene (Taylor Co) had about -150 cases on day. Why? Because they were reporting cases for a few days that had been from a prison that was tested in Taylor County, but the prisoners were actually in the county over. They figured out they were in the wrong place, so they fixed it one day but left their original numbers, so people wouldn't think they were cheating the system and hiding numbers. When I went to Colorado, I looked up their data. They have a nice online search of their database with some of the same testing errors from day-to-day. They are all very transparent about it.

The data that most people use is gathered by Johns Hopkins. It is available here and standardized from worldwide sources: https://github.com/CSSEGISandData/COVID-19.

I get politics, but there actually is a global pandemic. I have paid close attention to this as someone who:
a) believes in science and who has two very close friends that are epidemiologists.
b) is in a higher risk category (55 and has asthma)
c) has a mom going through chemo and radiation during this time. I was taking her but had to stop in early March.

I also understand that the risk seems hard to believe when you are not encountering it. Yes, rural areas have not been hit hard. The cities have. This points to population density. Count yourselves lucky.

My concern is that we don't know what we don't know. I get that it is hard to believe the media at times, but that is a lazy excuse. I never trust it. Anytime I see something I actually look up the raw data to see where it came from. I always find it comical that people distrust the media, but believe their media (and whatever meme they see from someone on Facebook). Both sides.

Can we all just accept that there's differing levels of risk? If you live in Cherokee Texas it is very different than living Houston. That is why the UIL, the TEA and the governor are trying to work around that.

But to just say all kids should be in school and going back to normal is ignorant. Kids in the larger cities, their families and the school workers and their families are at a much greater risk than those in the country.

I am sure someone is going to come on here and call me some sort of liberal snowflake, but that could not be further from the truth. Someone said I was left of center this week. I am dead in the middle. We need to get back to a world of civility and diplomacy.

If you notice I somewhat commend the governor no his actions. He's tried the best he can to avoid a riot from the right and the panic of the left. I am actually working with several states with their plans on various aspects of reopening for work. I get it, we need businesses open and people working. We also need public safety. Unfortunately, we are not quite there for both cities and the country.

If I could ask you all one thing, that would be to listen to each other with an open mind and stop posting misinformation to your social media streams (EVERYONE). Actually listen. Quit thinking everything has an alternative meaning. Sometimes public health is just public health.

I truly hope the football season gets completed and everyone stays healthy. I wish everyone the best. You all care. That is why you post.

granger":1kzbeyok said:
You want to see the raw data? It is not that hard. Each state DHS reports it on their website. You want to see the raw data from Texas, it is on the DHS website. It comes in spreadsheets. (https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/)

Are there mistakes? Yes. Abilene (Taylor Co) had about -150 cases on day. Why? Because they were reporting cases for a few days that had been from a prison that was tested in Taylor County, but the prisoners were actually in the county over. They figured out they were in the wrong place, so they fixed it one day but left their original numbers, so people wouldn't think they were cheating the system and hiding numbers. When I went to Colorado, I looked up their data. They have a nice online search of their database with some of the same testing errors from day-to-day. They are all very transparent about it.

The data that most people use is gathered by Johns Hopkins. It is available here and standardized from worldwide sources: https://github.com/CSSEGISandData/COVID-19.

I get politics, but there actually is a global pandemic. I have paid close attention to this as someone who:
a) believes in science and who has two very close friends that are epidemiologists.
c) has a mom going through chemo and radiation during this time. I was taking her but had to stop in early March.

I also understand that the risk seems hard to believe when you are not encountering it. Yes, rural areas have not been hit hard. The cities have. This points to population density. Count yourselves lucky.

My concern is that we don't know what we don't know. I get that it is hard to believe the media at times, but that is a lazy excuse. I never trust it. Anytime I see something I actually look up the raw data to see where it came from. I always find it comical that people distrust the media, but believe their media (and whatever meme they see from someone on Facebook). Both sides.

Can we all just accept that there's differing levels of risk? If you live in Cherokee Texas it is very different than living Houston. That is why the UIL, the TEA and the governor are trying to work around that.

But to just say all kids should be in school and going back to normal is ignorant. Kids in the larger cities, their families and the school workers and their families are at a much greater risk than those in the country.

I am sure someone is going to come on here and call me some sort of liberal snowflake, but that could not be further from the truth. Someone said I was left of center this week. I am dead in the middle. We need to get back to a world of civility and diplomacy.

If you notice I somewhat commend the governor no his actions. He's tried the best he can to avoid a riot from the right and the panic of the left. I am actually working with several states with their plans on various aspects of reopening for work. I get it, we need businesses open and people working. We also need public safety. Unfortunately, we are not quite there for both cities and the country.

If I could ask you all one thing, that would be to listen to each other with an open mind and stop posting misinformation to your social media streams (EVERYONE). Actually listen. Quit thinking everything has an alternative meaning. Sometimes public health is just public health.

I truly hope the football season gets completed and everyone stays healthy. I wish everyone the best. You all care. That is why you post.

Thanks Granger. Well done.

topher800":14iae68l said:
If you truly did question what you read and hear, you wouldn't support that overgrown, orange child running the show in the White House.
What do you say to this article then? :https://bibleprophecy.wordpress.com/2017/12/06/trump-recognizes-jerusalem-as-israels-capital/

Granger:
I'm sure I speak for a lot of us when I say that your mom and your family is in our prayers. FSCA, you're in our prayers, too.

Topher - I have not implied that we should not take steps to "slow" the spread of the COVID. My statement was directed to the fact that you state the students will get infected and then infect other family members at Home including elderly members. It would seem that you are making the assumption that some, many, most, or all students have elderly family living in the same household. I can not state any stats to prove or disprove your theory. But personal experience as well as personal knowledge of many families your statements are not necessarily true.
This is a single topic issue I am addressing yet you throw in all kinds of other stuff to avoid the basic question.

topher800":2h08owsu said:
FCSA football":2h08owsu said:
Exactly right 51. Ok so a sophomore is positive, he has multiple classes therefore multiple contacts of potentially all high school grade levels. And the teacher was exposed and had multiple contacts with students,
From her other classes, other teachers, the principal and superintendent. Oh, and did I mention she is seeing a football coach ?
School shutdown.......could happen......Just saying.......j

And that's just in the school, nevermind going to the store, gas station, and fast food restaurant then going home to elderly family members.... this could turn out very, very, very bad. I pray that it won't, I really do!

FSCA - my apology to you. I did not notice that the reference to the "elderly family members" was by none other than the great one "TOPHER". No disrespect was intended just don't like people to make statements like that because if it said often enough then it tends to be believed. The stats comment (78% are made up on the spot) should always be taken as sarcasm, at least most of the time.

oldergoat":3uvppv3b said:
Topher - I have not implied that we should not take steps to "slow" the spread of the COVID. My statement was directed to the fact that you state the students will get infected and then infect other family members at Home including elderly members. It would seem that you are making the assumption that some, many, most, or all students have elderly family living in the same household. I can not state any stats to prove or disprove your theory. But personal experience as well as personal knowledge of many families your statements are not necessarily true.
This is a single topic issue I am addressing yet you throw in all kinds of other stuff to avoid the basic question.

First of all, I am far from "great" as you mentioned in your apology to FCSA. My perspective is keeping those students who do live with older members of their family or members of their family with health issues, safe. That's it. Society should be judged on how they treat the most vulnverable not how they treat the strong. If I offended you, I apologize.

Texlonghorn75":3qbp4ncr said:
topher800":3qbp4ncr said:
If you truly did question what you read and hear, you wouldn't support that overgrown, orange child running the show in the White House.
What do you say to this article then? :https://bibleprophecy.wordpress.com/2017/12/06/trump-recognizes-jerusalem-as-israels-capital/

In order to divert traffic Texlonghorn75, I have posted a message here with your link.

http://sixmanfootball.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=32221

I hope that you have some understanding of the history of Israel from antiquity onwards. I dated a Jewish girl for 3 years during my college years and have dated a Muslim girl. Being a white, Christian Canadian, as you can imagine, that posed all sorts of problems with their respected families. Further, I studied theology at university (a non-Bible college sort) and have taught it so I hope you can appreciate things like the Gospel of Luke and Matthew plagurized from the Gospel of Mark which was written first and that there is a lost Gospel called by biblical scholars "Q" which Matthew and Luke more than likely obtained their stories not found in Mark.

But hey, let's chat about Israel.

granger":2jjkz6fd said:

Guru, if this makes you a liberal snowflake put me in your back pocket.

Back