When will we have Football?

Yes we do import more goods than we export, but many of the things we import, we can build. So we would be OK. On the other hand much of our exports are food products that feed the world because they can't grow their own. President Trump is not weak on international policies, but has been very strong. New trade agreements with Canada and Mexico that are more balanced than before.
The argument that many have made that other countries want Biden elected is spot on. These other countries think the government should make all decisions for the people just like Biden and those people behind the seen that are pulling the strings. Biden hasn't had an original thought since he stopped sucking his mommies tit. The other issue is the simple fact that who ever is hand picked by the DNC to be the VP will be the president within 6 months. The party will declare Biden unable to perform the duties of the President and have him removed from office using the constitution. Do we really want that person as our 47th president?
Topher800 exactly why did you choose that name. No I am not in the gutter but..............

topher800":1ptr4rnx said:
That is probably the most sane thing I have read in a long time. I have my misgivings on several points in your message but it's a solid post. Thank you Tebow. :)

I'd love to hear the "misgivings" because I was very careful to not say anything that wasn't 100% true.

As far as the trade policy, oldgoat pretty much hit the nail on the head. Every American Presidents since FDR thought the US should outsource jobs to other countries to help them economically with the hope political reforms would follow. We also did this to help pro-western governments resist the influence of communism.

Trump ran on a platform of "America First" to get the vote of the labor union worker that FDR turned into a Democrat in 1932, but the Democrats have gradually taken their vote for granted since then.

I say it like this because there are two issues 1. Who we outsource to 2. Should we outsource at all. In my opinion, Trump is 100% right on question number 1 as we've helped China become a great power, and the CCP is not going to change unless they are overthrown. Hurting China's economy a little bit might encourage the Chinese people to overthrow their oppressive government.

Question 2 is insanely complicated and definitely a debatable question. People bring up the trade wars in the 1930s, but we produced the goods back then (like China does today) while Europe consumed goods (like we do today.) Economics is a complicated thing to predict, but using the example everyone else does, China should fear a trade war more than us. I think and hope that Trump will back off a bit once we get a new trade partner or get China under control. I think it's really interesting Trump seems to be forming good relations with India and Mexico. Those would be good top tier candidates to replace China. If done correctly, a prosperous Mexico could not only solve the issues with China but also fix the immigration problem in the most humane way imaginable. Doesn't seem like he's "shitty" on anyone he shouldn't be.

I enjoy these type of conversations, but I don't think it matters if Trump is right or wrong on trade in this election. Everyone should be terrified that one of the parties wants to disband the police and apply the laws unfairly based on preference or physical characteristics.

Johnny South":25hqp8yq said:
Tofer, if you want to run down our President, go somewhere else to do it.

What happened to critical thinking and weighing both sides of the coin? I am an outsider looking in through the window.

I love six man ball and I have made many friends on here during the last 11 years. I am not going to leave because you said so because of my disapproval of Donald Trump. I disapprove just as much with Sleepy Joe.

Being able to discuss opinions and think critically are assests that no longer exist in society and it is a shame. Look at me and Tebow and me and FCSA. We disagree on a lot of things but carry a mutual respect for each other.

What do 99% of the posts in this thread have to do with "When will we have Football?" I look on this post every day to see if there's an update, only to find arguments over COVID-19, Trump, and other issues, including personal attacks.

While I enjoy a good discussion, start another post for these non-Football debate, please!

jsdesqtx":2zd63id1 said:
What do 99% of the posts in this thread have to do with "When will we have Football?" I look on this post every day to see if there's an update, only to find arguments over COVID-19, Trump, and other issues, including personal attacks.

While I enjoy a good discussion, start another post for these non-Football debate, please!

Y'all don't remember G00b?!? The hijiker extradonaire! ;) LOL

oldergoat":1jvqdgwy said:
Yes we do import more goods than we export, but many of the things we import, we can build. So we would be OK. On the other hand much of our exports are food products that feed the world because they can't grow their own. President Trump is not weak on international policies, but has been very strong. New trade agreements with Canada and Mexico that are more balanced than before.
The argument that many have made that other countries want Biden elected is spot on. These other countries think the government should make all decisions for the people just like Biden and those people behind the seen that are pulling the strings. Biden hasn't had an original thought since he stopped sucking his mommies tit. The other issue is the simple fact that who ever is hand picked by the DNC to be the VP will be the president within 6 months. The party will declare Biden unable to perform the duties of the President and have him removed from office using the constitution. Do we really want that person as our 47th president?
Topher800 exactly why did you choose that name. No I am not in the gutter but..............

Then if Trump wins in November, he needs to bring back American jobs because world leaders are going to be very weary of dealing with the USA the way he runs the show. Despite the fact that Angela Merkel is stupid, you don't actually call her stupid to her face on the telephone. That is piss poor diplomacy. Sleepy Joe is definitely not the answer but neither is Donald. America deserves a strong leader like Eisenhower or Reagan not these two :)

TebowTime15":369c1iut said:
I'd love to hear the "misgivings" because I was very careful to not say anything that wasn't 100% true.

As far as the trade policy, oldgoat pretty much hit the nail on the head. Every American Presidents since FDR thought the US should outsource jobs to other countries to help them economically with the hope political reforms would follow. We also did this to help pro-western governments resist the influence of communism.

Trump ran on a platform of "America First" to get the vote of the labor union worker that FDR turned into a Democrat in 1932, but the Democrats have gradually taken their vote for granted since then.

I say it like this because there are two issues 1. Who we outsource to 2. Should we outsource at all. In my opinion, Trump is 100% right on question number 1 as we've helped China become a great power, and the CCP is not going to change unless they are overthrown. Hurting China's economy a little bit might encourage the Chinese people to overthrow their oppressive government.

Question 2 is insanely complicated and definitely a debatable question. People bring up the trade wars in the 1930s, but we produced the goods back then (like China does today) while Europe consumed goods (like we do today.) Economics is a complicated thing to predict, but using the example everyone else does, China should fear a trade war more than us. I think and hope that Trump will back off a bit once we get a new trade partner or get China under control. I think it's really interesting Trump seems to be forming good relations with India and Mexico. Those would be good top tier candidates to replace China. If done correctly, a prosperous Mexico could not only solve the issues with China but also fix the immigration problem in the most humane way imaginable. Doesn't seem like he's "shitty" on anyone he shouldn't be.

I enjoy these type of conversations, but I don't think it matters if Trump is right or wrong on trade in this election. Everyone should be terrified that one of the parties wants to disband the police and apply the laws unfairly based on preference or physical characteristics.

Once again a well thought out post with plenty of food for thought. My misgivings on the last page come from the fact that not every American benefits from "everyone voting for Donald Trump" (I am paraphrasing). Its too long to answer here and I hope that you continue to post Tebow because I truly do enjoy reading your messages! Thank you sir :)

I’ve held many positions in my lifetime. As a matter of fact in my very first job I started “at the top”.
I was a ditch digger for a plumber long before fancy equipment came along.
The problem as of this moment, today, after the Governor’s announcement and clarification is, are we going to shut down the economy again? He has said he will, and right or wrong, I believe him. As a businessman and employer, I know what this will do to our country and our state.
I was an original “draftee” during the Vietnam war. We had a choice, report to be inducted, or leave the country, as many did. Many fled to Canada and were sheltered by a Canadian government hostile to our own.
It didn’t matter what I thought or believed, I reported. And like many, got married and we had a child so I could “leave someone behind” for my family. I was an only son and the last of our family name.
I did my duty to God and Country and reported.
Forgive me Tohper, but my trust in the Canadian government ended then. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, however I could never and will never trust a Canadian Government again. At this point I no longer trust my own government because politicians from both parties believe in nothing more than themselves and the next election cycle.
Now to my point. I was not a supporter of Trump in the beginning, it took quite a while, but by June I predicted
he would win. People in the world today, politicians from both parties and so called world leaders hate and fear Trump for the same reason. Like what he says or not, he is consistent, he says what he means, he means what he says and will follow through no matter what the “Polls” say.
Which brings me to my original point, CONSISTENCY, right wrong or indifferent, it’s one of the few things you can rely on. Nothing personal Topher, but you, Granger and other like minded Trump Haters are going to be sorely disappointed in November.
Millions upon Millions of us will Never tell a pollster or anyone else how we are going to vote. All we want is to get to the voting booth.
What does this have to do with football and school starting in the fall?
Everything! The politicians will make decisions based on politics, not kids health. As a Vietnam draftee, I can guarantee damn tee that !

You have the floor now Tohper, but please let’s have a civil discourse and not a name calling fest like some of our brethren love to engage in. Let’s agree to disagree without being disagreeable.
Please give me your pro/con thoughts on whether or not Politics will make the final decision.
Your turn..........

FCSA football":3srd0soc said:
I’ve held many positions in my lifetime. As a matter of fact in my very first job I started “at the top”.
The problem as of this moment, today, after the Governor’s announcement and clarification is, are we going to shut down the economy again? He has said he will, and right or wrong, I believe him. As a businessman and employer, I know what this will do to our country and our state.
I was an original “draftee” during the Vietnam war. We had a choice, report to be inducted, or leave the country, as many did. Many fled to Canada and were sheltered by a Canadian government hostile to our own.
It didn’t matter what I thought or believed, I reported. And like many, got married and we had a child so I could “leave someone behind” for my family. I was an only son and the last of our family name.
Forgive me Tohper, but my trust in the Canadian government ended then. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, however I could never and will never trust a Canadian Government again. At this point I no longer trust my own government because politicians from both parties believe in nothing more than themselves and the next election cycle.
Now to my point. I was not a supporter of Trump in the beginning, it took quite a while, but by June I predicted
he would win. People in the world today, politicians from both parties and so called world leaders hate and fear Trump for the same reason. Like what he says or not, he is consistent, he says what he means, he means what he says and will follow through no matter what the “Polls” say.
Which brings me to my original point, CONSISTENCY, right wrong or indifferent, it’s one of the few things you can rely on. Nothing personal Topher, but you, Granger and other like minded Trump Haters are going to be sorely disappointed in November.
Millions upon Millions of us will Never tell a pollster or anyone else how we are going to vote. All we want is to get to the voting booth.
Everything! The politicians will make decisions based on politics, not kids health. As a Vietnam draftee, I can guarantee damn tee that !

Great post! I didn't know draft dodgers went to Canada, but it makes sense lol.

Topher, doesn't everyone need police protection? I guess if you are a criminal then you may not. Trump started running an ad that I fear may become reality of Biden wins...I can't find it, but you have probably seen it already. How can anyone vote for candidates that want to defund police departments? I just don't understand the logic. Honestly, the people on this site need police protection less than people in urban areas. Cities are going to be scarIER if Biden wins. Trump should win 49 states on that issue alone.

FCSA football":3mpif4eq said:

FCSA, I understand why you feel the way you do. I had a few American professors at my Canadian university and I always felt they were cowards. My first teaching/coaching job was in Boston and two of my fellow coaches were Vietnam vets. All I can say to you sir is, thank you for your service. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Tebow, the dissolution of police services now and, it will be a lot more if the Dems win, is a step in the wrong direction. Unfortunately, there are a lot of Americans who are fed up with Trump. I don't know what will happen to your great country, the most powerful country in the world because your choices are absolute crap in November. To be honest, I would spoil my ballot and write "Mickey Mouse" because .... christ I am actually heartbroken by the choices given to the American people come election day later this year. :(

Guys the scary part about doing away with the police is who will fill the void? Some black shirted Gestopo type that will arrest anyone their Marxist leaders demand. The new racist speech laws they will be enforcing used to be just plain ole free speech. It will be like having the Salem witch trials in present day America. The purging of us and our past will begin in earnest.

topher800":tt9nhgi9 said:
Tebow, the dissolution of police services now and, it will be a lot more if the Dems win, is a step in the wrong direction. Unfortunately, there are a lot of Americans who are fed up with Trump. I don't know what will happen to your great country, the most powerful country in the world because your choices are absolute crap in November. To be honest, I would spoil my ballot and write "Mickey Mouse" because .... christ I am actually heartbroken by the choices given to the American people come election day later this year. :(

LOLOL!!! I actually did write in "Mickey Mouse" years ago when the choice was between the lesser of two idiots. In fact, I have written-in the initial candidate I was for in the primary just because I could not stomach my party's candidate. I have since wised-up and vote for the party candidate (I am not a party-line voter especially if I do not know anything about the candidate) because the opposing party is on a path to destroy (in my opinion) the USA.

jsdesqtx":1fbefr56 said:
LOLOL!!! I actually did write in "Mickey Mouse" years ago when the choice was between the lesser of two idiots. In fact, I have written-in the initial candidate I was for in the primary just because I could not stomach my party's candidate. I have since wised-up and vote for the party candidate (I am not a party-line voter especially if I do not know anything about the candidate) because the opposing party is on a path to destroy (in my opinion) the USA.

LOL jsdeqtx!!! That is too funny... I imagine there are going to be quite a few spoiled ballots this November :) I agree with your sentiment about the Dems, with a weak leader like Sleepy Joe who can barely string a coherent sentence together, the future of the USA with him at the top is going to be downright scary.

Blue Bird":220fj6fw said:
Guys the scary part about doing away with the police is who will fill the void? Some black shirted Gestopo type that will arrest anyone their Marxist leaders demand. The new racist speech laws they will be enforcing used to be just plain ole free speech. It will be like having the Salem witch trials in present day America. The purging of us and our past will begin in earnest.

Topher, Bluebird and the guy after him both gave great answers. Before May 25, 2020, I would have found your position normal and perfectly valid just like any other election year. Now, you can either nitpick Trump: you don't like his hair or the way he talks to foreign leaders, he won't release his tax returns, you miss The Apprentice, or whatever quibble you have with him. Or, you can vote for anarchy, unfair application of the law, the most racist rhetoric I've heard in my lifetime, communism, no police, no free speech, no freedom of religion, no right to bear arms, and no due process. Do I need to keep going on? Trump isn't a perfect man, but he, at the very least, loves this country.

The Democrats do this crap to get votes. I would love to see Trump beat Biden the same way Reagan beat Mondale in 1984 or even the way Johnson beat Goldwater in 1964. Basically, the American people need to fundamentally reject these tenants!

Tebow, you can't assume that is what is going to happen. Sure your concerns are warranted but claiming that USA is going to descend into a war-torn nation like say Afghanistan is a bit extreme and outright fear mongering. Trump has created a more divided USA than at any point since the Civil Rights movement in the 1960s with his stubborn ways and unrelenting narcissism. Once again, I am neither Dem nor GOP, I want a strong leader for the greatest nation on earth. Neither candidates are what America needs right now. They need an Eisenhower or Reagan... heck I'd take JFK at the moment!!! Please don't punch me for saying that about JFK lololol ;)

topher800":22j8hgtx said:
Tebow, you can't assume that is what is going to happen. Sure your concerns are warranted but claiming that USA is going to descend into a war-torn nation like say Afghanistan is a bit extreme and outright fear mongering. Trump has created a more divided USA than at any point since the Civil Rights movement in the 1960s with his stubborn ways and unrelenting narcissism. Once again, I am neither Dem nor GOP, I want a strong leader for the greatest nation on earth. Neither candidates are what America needs right now. They need an Eisenhower or Reagan... heck I'd take JFK at the moment!!! Please don't punch me for saying that about JFK lololol ;)

Do you see the big cities on TV? Those aren't Kabul or Kandahar but rather Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, Washington D.C., Seattle, Atlanta, and countless others. How am I "fear mongering" when it is the truth? Trump didn't ask them to or make them violently protest! In fact, I think he's the only thing stopping them in big cities with liberal mayors and governors. What are you even talking about?

As far as the protests, I think police trainings should evolve. We, however, must have police or risk the Dark Ages we live in now becoming a reality. All lives matters including black lives, but Black Lives Matter, the proper noun, is causing a lot of problems. In the same way terrorist groups like ISIS and Al-Qaeda don't represent the majority of Muslims, and I don't believe a majority of African-Americans believe the hateful ideology of Black Lives Matter.

As far as who we need, I don't think this is a left or right issue. I think is a law and order versus anarchy. I think President Cruz, President Rubio, President Carson, President McConnell, or President McCarthy would do the same thing. That's really my whole point: I don't think you should vote for Trump because he's so great, I think you should vote for him because the other party is insane.

Back