What is the toughest team you have played all year?

My post had nothing to do with girls athletics....but as far as I know football is the only sport that is put into different divisions of big vs. small. Basketball is not it is all 1A, same for baseball, track and softball. So why football. The same argument can be made in every sport..your team is better at basketball because your bench has 10 more players and our bench only has three, etc, etc etc...So there is absolutely no logic to this decision by the UIL. If it is true that numbers matter then why is there not different divisions in every other sport? I know of several schools that are six-man that when it comes to the other sports compete against schools that play 11 man football. the point i am making is that there should only be one division that is SIX-MAN.

older than dirt":1h2ivpxb said:
When we went outlaw we had a class that had 22 girls and 5 boys in it now is that fair?

Well, gotta look at the bright side. You got an easier shot at gettin' the right girl to say "yes" when you asked her to the senior prom ...

Speaking of girls in 6-man football, Mia Hamm used to play for Wichita Falls Notre Dame when she was in high school (and I guess did pretty well). She also was alright in soccer.

kbjoe1":29rqv92g said:
team with the toughest schedule try crowell record 7-4

team current rankings week 13
bc 4
valley 1
petersburg 8
t-rock 2
ira 5
Thanks for the recognition and to make it even worse when we played these teams they were ranked 3 and above and the Pete game was a NFL ref game final play endzone ref signals TD backfield Whitehat says didn't cross.... that game and Ira game down to the wire and lost by a touchdown ! I think the wounds have healed enough to say it now..... Great defense from Jared Cotton of Ira on the playoff game he IS Ira's MVP of the night look at the pics on this site that goal line strip is just inches from us getting that TD we needed. Not talking bad about the east at all but the west bracket will givecya nightmares there are teams in the top 20 that didn't even get a playoff game.

CatPride88":2110g8ix said:
kbjoe1":2110g8ix said:
team with the toughest schedule try crowell record 7-4

team current rankings week 13
bc 4
valley 1
petersburg 8
t-rock 2
ira 5
Thanks for the recognition and to make it even worse when we played these teams they were ranked 3 and above and the Pete game was a NFL ref game final play endzone ref signals TD backfield Whitehat says didn't cross.... that game and Ira game down to the wire and lost by a touchdown ! I think the wounds have healed enough to say it now..... Great defense from Jared Cotton of Ira on the playoff game he IS Ira's MVP of the night look at the pics on this site that goal line strip is just inches from us getting that TD we needed. Not talking bad about the east at all but the west bracket will givecya nightmares there are teams in the top 20 that didn't even get a playoff game.

CAT 88 i know it doesnt heal the wounds but you'll really did make each team better...we noticed the hard work that you have done...

Toughest of those teams would be,,,,,,,,,,,Throckmorton first and Valley second. Valley put up more points but Throckmorton had the better all around game. If I had to pick who I would like a rematch with it would be Valley!! Take the six turnovers away and I feel it would of been a lot closer. But its all history now!! I hope one of the two win the title as it will add another plus to our season. Best of luck to both teams!!!

To get this thread back on the toughest teams played and not toughest schedule, let me point out that Covenant defeated both Throckmorton and Valley.

I truly believe if Coach Reed hadnt put the second string in when we were 30 points ahead this game would have had a whole different ending!! We are very lucky to have a head coach that doesnt care about scoring as many points as possible, but getting his underclassmen some experience for the next year. Rankin game being a good example. He put in second string with 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter when we were 44 points ahead. Coach Reed is a Class Act and we are very proud and lucky to have him as a Head Coach !!!

To Knight Fan... Believe me i am not taking anything away from Covenant, they are a very talented and well coached team. Good luck to Covenant against Boerne for the state title !!!!! They sure deserve it !!!!

longhornfan1970":3fg94w29 said:
I truly believe if Coach Reed hadnt put the second string in when we were 30 points ahead this game would have had a whole different ending!! We are very lucky to have a head coach that doesnt care about scoring as many points as possible, but getting his underclassmen some experience for the next year. Rankin game being a good example. He put in second string with 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter when we were 44 points ahead. Coach Reed is a Class Act and we are very proud and lucky to have him as a Head Coach !!!
Steer you act like yall are the only team that subs when you have a big lead. That nobody works hard in the off season. That your coach is the only coach that doesn't believe in running up the score. Hello, wake up, your "class" teams do that. Quit acting like the world revolves around you and your precious team. It's embarassing.

Tallman":2xe2onvo said:
Steer you act like yall are the only team that subs when you have a big lead. That nobody works hard in the off season. That your coach is the only coach that doesn't believe in running up the score. Hello, wake up, your "class" teams do that. Quit acting like the world revolves around you and your precious team. It's embarassing.

Don't you ever get tired of pi$$ing people off? Why don't you just STHU?

Tallman":18t8n7y3 said:
longhornfan1970":18t8n7y3 said:
Tallman, you sure are good at calling people names, something we did back when I was in elementary school!!! Yes my team is precious to me and I will talk about them any damn way I please !!! It is my opinion and I dont give a crap what u or anyone else thinks about it !! I respect everyones choice to talk good or bad about my team as it is their opinion and they are entitled to it and i don't/wont resort to calling them kindergarten names because of that. You are the one that should be embarrased Tallman !!! I won't respond to anymore of your name calling or slandering anymore !!!

Tallman":16mj2r6p said:
longhornfan1970":16mj2r6p said:

Don't read too much into that post Longhorn. I mean after all, what would Tallman who has never been part of a winning anything or been coached by a quality anyone know about being a good sport, a hard worker or a coach?
I have it on good authority that after Shortgirl was caught rummagin thru the lockers while the rest of the boys were practicing, he was permenantly banned from the locker room.
So now he spends his days/nights in seedy XXX video booths making up for lost time..

I don't play, I'm Forty @&-7!,!!"@$*#€{%%!.( years old. But 2 of my sons play for Strawn. I would go on record and say that the most intense game I WATCHED them play this year was Gordon. Although the last Newcastle game had me more nervous.
My youngest son plays youth league 6 Man for Strawn & I coached that team. Toughest game there, Championship game against Blanket.

twodollarbill":mm3uwg79 said:
Tallman":mm3uwg79 said:
longhornfan1970":mm3uwg79 said:

Don't read too much into that post Longhorn. I mean after all, what would Tallman who has never been part of a winning anything or been coached by a quality anyone know about being a good sport, a hard worker or a coach?
I have it on good authority that after Shortgirl was caught rummagin thru the lockers while the rest of the boys were practicing, he was permenantly banned from the locker room.
So now he spends his days/nights in seedy XXX video booths making up for lost time..
I have done forgot about him TDB. He gets off on pis@#%$ people off so i guess we are feeding the fire responding to his idiotic posts

Knight Fan":hxf0enwb said:
Of the two, Throckmorton was definitely the toughest team Covenant played.

Not sure a score fest in which the losing team puts up 80-ish points should be considered tough a tougher game than when the winning team is held to 30-ish, with their offense being outscored by their defense and special teams.

Just sayin'.

Back