Week 3 Picks

goes to show you ones perspective depends on which stands they sit on.

heard Crowell had 6 turnovers....Valley had a bunch of missed tackles.

sounds like a cant miss game to me if they meet up again.

wths":3tf8j7a0 said:
Tension!!!........I like it!

No tension on my end.

I just disagree with the fact that someone is trying to rob this years (or any other year for that matter) group of Wildcats the credit they are due. The Wildcats are not playing for rankings or championships they are playing this year in rememberance of a lost teammate and wonderful young friend of mine. Blame it all on my raising I guess!!

What caused the loss in zero week in the game you watched Rainjacktx? (username edited) Points given? Think about your answer now as I have lots of respect for the Greyhounds and their program also. :)

I'm glad your a Patriots fan Rainjacktx. (edited to correct username)

The Valley Patriots beat Crowell last night, but not without a battle from the Wildcats. The Cats made mistakes that piled up and caused the loss. Thats how I saw the game play out.

My sincere apologies to Patriotpaul for bringing him into this discussion. All of the above comments were directed toward Rainjacktx.

I was at the Throckmorton game and there was honestly nothing more either team could have done. It was a good game.

The Crowell game was not. Plain and simple.

By the way - patriotpaul has not said a word on this subject as far as I know.

rainjacktx":3avazyf6 said:

You are correct. I apologize to Patriotpaul as he has said nothing on the subject being diiscussed. Once again my apologizes to Patriotpaul!!

Your the transplant correct rainjacktx? What has caused the dislike for the Wildcats with your being from up the hill a ways?? Best I can remember Crowell has only played Silverton once. Did you have a dog in the fight during that contest?

Guess we can agree to disagree. I still think it was a good game played by both squads. A little sloppy on our end which is what caused the loss.

WildcatClassOf89":1mwb02vn said:
rainjacktx":1mwb02vn said:

You are correct. I apologize to Patriotpaul as he has said nothing on the subject being diiscussed. Once again my apologizes to Patriotpaul!!

Your the transplant correct rainjacktx? What has caused the dislike for the Wildcats with your being from up the hill a ways?? Best I can remember Crowell has only played Silverton once. Did you have a dog in the fight during that contest?

Guess we can agree to disagree. I still think it was a good game played by both squads. A little sloppy on our end which is what caused the loss.

Where I came from is meaningless. But yes, Crowell played Silverton in 2007 and 2008.

What caused the dislike? I don't dislike any town other than Wheeler, Texas. Got along swimmingly with the Throck folks. However, you guys act like somebody shoved a corn cob up your collective butts.

But that has nothing to do with the game, and my honest assessment of it. You guys were the beneficiaries of some very generous gifts. A sizable "thank you" should be in order.

From reading your posts over the last couple season, rainjack, it's hard to consider any of your comments to be "honest". They appear very biased to the casual reader.
Perhaps the Patriots didn't cover the spread, you say it's because they were generous.......the stats say the Wildcats were generous, too. Crowell had 4 turnovers, Valley had 2, and the game was still only decided by 12 points. Sounds to me like you are fishing for excuses as to why Valley didn't dominate Crowell as you had predicted. Personally, from what I've read it sounded like a good game......you hate to give any team besides Valley, Throck, or Follett any credit whatsoever for a game well played, so I've come to expect nothing more or less from you.
I'm curious as to the cause of your dislike for Wheeler.....I lived there for 6 years, 1996-01, and they are no more or less rabid and enthusiastic about their football than you appear to be.
Regardless of your motivations or reasons for supporting or disliking teams, your posts are usually funny to read.......kinda like reading something George Carlin would have posted: 10% fact, 10% your opinion, 80% BS.
Valley will continue to be a contender, no doubt about it. They are the class of their district. The rest of the district.....nah......Follett will finish as district runners up, but they are an average team at best. Once they start playing D1 teams again, you will see just how average they are.
Chuck, I look forward to seeing you at the homecoming game in two weeks.
Carry on, everyone! LOL

If I can get some rabid fan from another school irritated enough to reply to my posts - then I've done my job.

I don't really care how full of BS you think I am, and my bias does not change the truth. You may not like the truth - but the truth is what it is.

I don't care about the spread. At the end of the day, Valley did what they were supposed to do - which was win. I'll take that. But - the atmosphere on the Valley side more like that of a loss. The kids were mad, the parents were mad, and coaches were less-than-pleased. Why do you think that was/is? Because they are feeling the exact same thing I have been typing since yesterday morning.

Did Crowell play a good game? Yes they did. Did Valley? I don't think so. I would be willing to reduce the "gift points" to 22 from 26 after seeing the stats, though if that will make some of the Wildcat folks feel better.

Back