UT vs. ut-norman

Old Bearkat":gfq0ue5c said:
Reed":gfq0ue5c said:
Sounds good coach, I'll have my cell phone on me. Give me a call and I'll let you by me a Fletchers and Fried Dr.Pepper.

Fried Dr. Pepper?? Won't the grease just splatter a bit when you pour it in?
blink.gif

On game day today I think Fried Dr. Pepper was the only thing they didn't talk about. Seriously how do you do that? Do you freeze it and fry it like you would ice cream?

Mustang76":23rcmbi8 said:
yung'en":23rcmbi8 said:
Oklahoma's keys to the game
1. Show up to the Cotton Bowl

Other than that - GAME OVER

BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

So did ut-norman get lost on their way to Dallas? Yung'en I said I was going to dog you but I'm going to let up a little. What a game Hook em' Horns. Officiating left a lot to be desired. Bring on Mizzou.

Maybe OU showed up.

But they left early.

UT 45 - UT-Norman 35

UT looked plenty impressive. Now they just have to keep up their momentum for the other 4 currently ranked teams on their schedule.

That was just an awesome game. I was perfectly fine with losing it, as the second half went on, because OU looked so dangerous. I guess the rumors I have heard about this Texas team being as together as the NC team are true.

UT 45, ou 35 F

That has to be one of the best played games in the Red River Shootout (forget PC) series!!! UT played awesome on both sides of the ball. The D shutdown a pretty good ou offense and our O-line protected Colt all day long.

While the stats were great in the end, UT got the W!!!

Granger, how far up the poll will UT move? LSU and Mizzou outcomes will probably determine that. No need to be ranked No. 1 right now, I would rather be No. 1 after the BCS Champoinship game.

HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!

still some football to be played tonight before I can answer that. Mizzou has to get past a tough OSU challenge and LSU-Fla in the swamp will be tough...

I think Texas will play Mizzou at 7pm on ABC next week... that's my bet when they are announced tomorrow. OU-Kansas will be at 230. Of course they could flip these, but I think they want UT prime time.

It was a great game and the renovations of added seating brought 16,000 more fans. You couldn't move 1 foot without bumping into a person. Hook'em.

All the Oklahoma banter, they look great yada, yada, yada. I am sure glad they go ahead and play the game. UT 45 OK 35. Not bad for a #5 team, but of course we all know Oklahoma cannot win the big one. Texas represents the Big 12 well when they get to the National Championship game. Could they do it again? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

TRex":3nfdb94f said:
Could they do it again?

While I'm not that much of a UT supporter, I think they've got a really good chance at getting to the national title game. If they can get by Missouri next week, they will be in really good shape, but still have to deal with Tech and OSU. I don't think either of those schools can stand up to the depth of UT, so I do believe they are in good shape.

If they get through all of that, they'll likely either play Missouri again for the Big 12 championship, or maybe Kansas if they can upset Missouri themselves.

Still too many "if's" to know for sure, but I will say if UT wins out, they will have earned a trip to the title game more than most teams that get there.

Two games stick out big at me right now. And two things after the OU game worry me that they exploited as some weaknesses on Texas Defense.

What two things did OU offense do that caused Texas Defense to struggle. The "Check with me" sideline offense. See what texas is in and call the play. Mizzou does the same thing and can cause the Longhorns some problems in coverage. #18 had a good game from the Tight end position against Texas. A strength that Mizzou has at the TE positon. Can Texas not defend Mizzou and Tech the same what that they do the Colts no huddle. Constantly moving around D?

Also Tech will wear the inside screen out with the "Check with me Offense".

I'm sure they will clean that up and remain on top,

But it hasn't been good luck to be #1 right now.

Hello Gentlemen, I'm new to the site so this is my first post.

Texas is a great team but this season will be like last years. We will be seeing a 1 or maybe even 2 loss team in the Champioinship(unless almighty Ball St. goes the distance). Texas does still have to face Mizzou, Tech, OK St., Kansas, and even though A&M isn't that good it is still the Lone Star Showdown. After a game where Chase Daniels proves he is mortal I suspect he will come out on fire against Texas. As for rankings, they are pointless. Georgia at the beginning of the season hadn't lost a game and dropped to #2. I think we are also able to see how not so strong the SEC is. After Arkansas is destroyed by Texas they turn around and beat Auburn. I enjoyed that.

Well I hope my first post leaves a decent impression so I can come back for more.
Have a good week everyone.

Alright, You all got me.. and im making no excuses.. but man what a ball game... Oklahoma just couldnt get their run game goin.. Texas is alot better than I expected.. Now you got Mizzou, Tech, OSU, Kansas... tough schedule.. but if colt plays like that, they will be hard to stop... SUCKFACE!!! IM STILL ANGRY

i sincerely believe they can win out.. Tech is a high powered offense but their defense, on the other hand, is avg at best...I feel that Missouri is the same way. The best way to stop an elite offense is to keep them off the field. We saw this in the OU-UT game where UT dominated the time of possession.

OSU looks to be a good oponent right now from what i've seen and should be a good matchup, but I think Texas will win out, unless they lose a game I don't think they should lose (baylor/a&m). There strength of schedule will give them a good bowl game even if they don't win out, but it will make their case strong for national championship game if they do.

yung'en":2t2cjx2z said:
Alright, You all got me.. and im making no excuses.. but man what a ball game... Oklahoma just couldnt get their run game goin.. Texas is alot better than I expected.. Now you got Mizzou, Tech, OSU, Kansas... tough schedule.. but if colt plays like that, they will be hard to stop... SUCKFACE!!! IM STILL ANGRY

That's why this is so much fun. We live and die by the teams we support. College football is the best game in town. As Granger alluded to, this team appears to be very close. The kind of cohesion they showed on Saturday could very well carry them all the way. OU (I will refrain from the ut-norman name in honor of a great game but only for this post.) still has a lot of noise to make and will. This is the first game either team really had to play for the whole 4 quarters. It seemed like Texas was fresher at the end especially when Ogbonnaya popped that long run. Of course not having your middle backer played a part in that. Mizzou is going to be fired up but I agree with Txn86, I think UT plays ball control and keeps them off the field. UT's D is also capable of making the plays they need to and the special teams are going to make something special happen. Check out this stat for funsies Cody Johnson 3 carries for 4 yards and 3 TD's he a 1.2 yd average and a long run of 2 yards.

Personally, Im still not counting OU out though... or anyone really.. But this could be my sooner blood comin out.. But I do tend to remember either last year or the year before, Texas chokin against K-State and Tex A&M to send OU to the championship... But Im also logical and know that this is a different team with a WAY DIFFERENT Colt McCoy... But its college football and you never know... Mississippi beating Florida at the Swamp.. Mississippi is not good it was just there day... Oregon State beating USC.. So I have already seen it to much this year to give up on my Sooners

One thing to remember on all of the inside screens that went the distance, there was an illegal man downfield in each instance.

Texas has the toughest 4-game stretch of any team with OU, Mizzou, OSU and TT. They luckily have the first two at home. If they can somehow win those, then Lubbock looms. I am not saying UT will go undefeated, but I like their situation a lot more than I did a week ago.

I am also from the school that if something does fall apart here and they do lose, it is not the end of the world. This team is so far ahead of expectations that it is just fun to have my team at #1. It kind of puts a hop in your step and you just need to enjoy these moments as a fans, rather than dread what could happen, because it is out of your hands. Yes, the goal is to be #1 at the end, but man it feels good to be there right now when in the preseason it was totally unexpected.

granger":d5ufe59v said:
One thing to remember on all of the inside screens that went the distance, there was an illegal man downfield in each instance.

granger,

I disagree on the first screen. It WAS behind the line and therefore, downfield blocking is legal. The second one was questionable and that is a very hard call for the ref to be watching a receiver going inside to see if he caught the ball beyong the LOS.

It was a great game!!

Dan

Back