UT vs. t-tech

Tech owes it to the Big 12 to win out now. OSU is going to be super tough next week. That was an amazing game. I think this speaks to the fact that Tech has finally got some athletes that are among the best there are. Not many people could have made the play that Crabtree did. Great game. Hard fought by Texas, and they made Tech earn it for sure.

The Assassin":3bf6zwk5 said:
There is plenty of difference between Oklahoma St. and Texas Tech when it comes to running the football, night and day.

:lol:
Yeah, there's a difference, the only thing it is, is that we don't run as much. Our running game is still effective and is one of the top reasons why we won last night.

Lastly you don't see Texas dragging kids off the street to come out and play for their team, although I think that was pretty awesome.

Kid hasn't missed an EP all year and has hit a couple of FG's. So yeah... :wink:

Alright I guess I will eat my crow also. Finally Tech is able to say they belong with the big boys. Lets just see how they do against OKlahoma St. and when they have to go to Norman.

Observations from the stands:

1. Texas looked tired early on.
2. Tech's defense, particularly the D-Line, played a great game.
3. The back and forth between the fans outside and inside the stadium was spirited and respectful. At least from our perspective.
4. Colt McCoy still deserves to be a Heisman hopeful, but, probably not the front runner.
5. Greatest and worst moment for my son and I was the non-interception at the end. From our vantage point we couldn't see him drop the ball. We were celebrating like fools when all of a sudden we see Tech's offense still on the field.
6. For those of you wondering why I say nothing about Tech's offensive performance they did exactly what they've been doing all year.

Mustang76":55cq1cw8 said:
6. For those of you wondering why I say nothing about Tech's offensive performance they did exactly what they've been doing all year.

Not really. Tech seemed to choke when it got deep into UT territory, and Britton's TD drop early in the game was just ridiculous.

The game should have never been that close.

Tech played a good game and made the play when it counted....I will root for Tech to run the table, but I dont think they will. What stinks about this loss for UT is that now OU will have a better chance at playing in the "B.C.S." title game. But I will cheer for them because I dont want to see a Penn Boring State vs. Saban's Devil Tide in the "B.C.S." game.

Well the diffrence maker was Techs D they stepped up big, not to discredit there offense but they didnt play there best at all they moved the ball good but couldnt punch it in. One big reason for such a close game was just one crushal mistake by tech D to let that 91 Td pass go but other than that the D stepped it up.

Go TECH!!!!!!!!!!

And for the comment made about britton he did drop that TD pass but i think he made up for it He played a great game ( there leading reciver in the game)

cowboyfan40":2sh1582r said:
Tech played a good game and made the play when it counted....I will root for Tech to run the table, but I dont think they will. What stinks about this loss for UT is that now OU will have a better chance at playing in the "B.C.S." title game. But I will cheer for them because I dont want to see a Penn Boring State vs. Saban's Devil Tide in the "B.C.S." game.

With UT at #4 in the BCS and OU at #6 if Tech loses one and there is a three way tie in the Big 12 south the highest ranked team in the BCS goes to the Big 12 championship game. I think Alabama loses either or both to LSU or Florida in the SEC championship game. UT should win out against Baylor, Kansas, and A&M. I think you will see Penn State in the game. It seems unavoidable that they will be there. As far as Bugz comment about Tech choking, I disagree. UT had some drops also including a sure TD by Shipley if he hauls in that pass in the 1st. These were two heavyweights slugging it out. It looked so much like the 2006 game that I started chanting "dejavu" late in the game. The few UT fans around me got a kick out of it and the sick look on the Tech fans faces was a sight to behold. Of course I inherited that look later but that's the way it goes. One other thing I wanted to say. The electricity in the air yesterday was incredible. It was the most exciting game day experience I have ever had.

i think both teams played a great game, but Tech played a better game overall. Tech was taking care of business in the first half and they were ahead by 13. Tech's defense remained strong despite some costly mistakes. It was the game of the year so far and both teams will end up playing in some of the top bowl games. Good game UT and good luck in the future. GO TECH!!!!!! :D

Mustang76":1aq4z5pv said:
As far as Bugz comment about Tech choking, I disagree.

If you saw the game, the offense would drive down the field with no problem and then not punch it in on many chances, this happened multiple times.

We can't do that these next two weeks. We have to score TD's.

Tech can't lose another one if we want a Big 12 school in the championship game. Florida is coming up hard and fast, and Penn State has a lay down schedule remaining.

I think LSU beats Alabama next Friday. A tide loss and a Gator win vaults Florida back into the top 3. If Penn State wins out, they will be in the Championship game - which is a crock seeing as how they would not even be ranked in the top 20 if they had to play a schedule like the Big-12 South does.

So if Tech does lose - and Alabama loses - Florida gets in. All the one loss teams are fighting for on slot since JoPa has a reservation with his name on it.

We have 4 of the six Big 12 South teams in the top ten, and the odds are, unless Tech wins out, none of them will be playing for a championship.

I guess my hunch was right! :D I have another hunch that OSU doesn't win in Lubbock this Saturday. The real test to me will be against OU in Norman. Wreck'em TECH!

Bugz":1b2l01w9 said:
Mustang76":1b2l01w9 said:
As far as Bugz comment about Tech choking, I disagree.

If you saw the game, the offense would drive down the field with no problem and then not punch it in on many chances, this happened multiple times.

We can't do that these next two weeks. We have to score TD's.

I was at the game and UT's defense made some good plays when they they got down there. When two really good teams are slugging it out more plays don't work, more passes are dropped, and more tackles don't happen. It just like the wide reciever screen Tech kept running. UT had people in position to make plays but the other recievers were making excellent blocks.

Terrible officiating IMO.

I was there, so I couldn't hear what Herb/Musberger were saying about the reversed call on the punt return. But there were TWO blocks in the back on that play. I have questions about the PI called on Crabtree. It looked like the defender got his feet mixed up.

Agreed the officiating was pretty bad on both sides.... There were, in fact, two different occurances on that punt return that could have been called blocking in the back. The first one would have been EXTREMELY ticky-tack... or marginal at best, but the second seemed to be a legitimate penalty. Not sure why they picked the flag up.

The holding penalties (or lack thereof) on the other side were unbelievable as well. But then again... I do not believe that the officiating changed the outcome of the game at all. The horns were just completely flat and shell shocked in the first half. It was a great game that Tech deserved to win, and they did, so I don't think we should dwell long on the bad officiating.

My final post on this topic. What happens in Lubbock TX stays in Lubbock TX. Hook em' horns win out the rest of the season and you will play in a big bowl.

I will start by saying that Tech deserved to win the ballgame. The officiating was bad both ways. That punt return was very questionable and the PI on Crabtree was ridiculous. There were a number of times that Tech should have been flagged for holding, but referees are not perfect. I see a tale of two halves, in the first half Tech's offensive and defensive lines dictated the ball game. In the second half Texas' defense held Tech to only 10 offensive points, that turned the ballgame. To me the play of the ballgame was when that kick returner for Tech got the ball out to the 40 yard line after Texas pulled ahead, well beside the Crabtree play. Looking ahead I think everyone knows that Texas will probably win out, and what you all may not realize is for the eight straight season they will win 10 ballgames. I wouldn't mind seeing Tech run the table and get to the title game, but the next two games scare me. I don't know how Tech will handle so much national attention, that they aren't used to. If they are too hyped up from beating Texas and play like they did most of the second half, OSU can't beat them. I do think they will find a way to beat OSU, but I don't see them going into Norman and beating the sooners. The fact that Tech being #2 will propel UT-Norman into the Big 12 title game if they win. But UT-Norman still has bedlum against OSU at the end of the year, so things are still up in the air. On the national stage I like Alabama to beat LSU but I'm not sure they or anyone can beat Florida the way they are playing. I would not be a bit suprised if two one loss Big12 or SEC schools jump Penn State and play in the title game, but I guess everyone would wanna see Paterno in the title game. But tell me this: Do you think Penn State could go undefeated in the Big 12 South or the SEC East?

Back