Upcoming Season in TAPPS

Birdman96

11-man fan
Who you guys have for your favorites this coming season.

D1: Veritas and Dallas Lutheran lost a lot of starters. Seems wide open this year.
D2: Is Bracken gonna be the powerhouse from last year?
D3: can anyone take down Baytown?

D1- watching the giddings vs veritas game last year, I think giddings will make another run at it. Veritas always puts together a good squad. The team I like is emery. Almost put veritas away last year but a missed extra point sealed it. Should have a sophomore running back that is super quick and athletic. Question is who will be throwing the ball for them?
D2- May think I’m crazy but I see the same 2 teams going at it again this year. Huntsville and Bracken. I know Huntsville has most of their squad returning and coach Norris has taken the program back over. They should be hard to beat. Bracken has a solid program year after year and seem to always be in the mix. Coach Stredic does a great job of preparing his boys week after week.
D3- baytown lost a ton so should be interesting to see who steps up but they always seem to be in the mix come Turkey day. cedar park loses several but seem to be getting a few transfers each year so they could be solid, weatherford should be stout again this year but Irving Faustina is my pick. They had a good mix of size and speed and were fun to watch. They gave weatherford a run last year and bring back almost the entire team.

Thoughts?

Just to clarify, Veritas blocked the extra point. ;) But you are dead on..Emery may be the team to beat in D-1.

“D-1 watching the giddings vs veritas game last year, I think giddings will make another run at it. Veritas always puts together a good squad. The team I like is emery. Almost put veritas away last year but a missed extra point sealed it. Should have a sophomore running back that is super quick and athletic. Question is who will be throwing the ball for them?
D2- May think I’m crazy but I see the same 2 teams going at it again this year. Huntsville and Bracken. I know Huntsville has most of their squad returning and coach Norris has taken the program back over. They should be hard to beat. Bracken has a solid program year after year and seem to always be in the mix. Coach Stredic does a great job of preparing his boys week after week.
D3- baytown lost a ton so should be interesting to see who steps up but they always seem to be in the mix come Turkey day. cedar park loses several but seem to be getting a few transfers each year so they could be solid, weatherford should be stout again this year but Irving Faustina is my pick. They had a good mix of size and speed and were fun to watch. They gave weatherford a run last year and bring back almost the entire team.

Thoughts?[/quote]

You are correct! My apologies. Veritas made what I would say was probably the play of the year for them. Most teams take off on extra point block attempts.

WarEagle":1t6bubpm said:
I wasn't aware Baytown lost that many, that said I am sure they are loaded once again.

Should be another fun season in TAPPS

I know they lost a very solid QB, 2 of their OL/receivers, 3-4 defensive studs. Could be off a bit but I remember looking at their roster and they were 6-7 solid senior class. that’s quite a bit. Cedar park lost about the same as well as weatherford.. cedar park and baytown both replacing solid qb’s should be interesting

Yes Cedar Park will definitely look different this year. Not sure what to expect from them at this point. Should be interesting.

If I can remember correctly, Baytown had a few juniors that played into the mix as well that plenty of play time last year. You never know what to expect from those guys down there. Always seem to put together a tough squad.

If I can remember correctly, Baytown had a few juniors that played into the mix as well that had plenty of play time last year. You never know what to expect from those guys down there. Always seem to put together a tough squad.

Old76, Thanks for the kind words. For the record, we lost 8 players from last years State Runner Up. Two All-State players quit the team in the past week. I believe our guys will contend but we’ve got a lot of work to do.

jeffn86":2kf197q8 said:
Old76, Thanks for the kind words. For the record, we lost 8 players from last years State Runner Up. Two All-State players quit the team in the past week. I believe our guys will contend but we’ve got a lot of work to do.

Man I hate to hear that! Hopefully they will get back in there and compete with you guys. Hope you guys have a great season.

DirtyBayBulldog":a4ipw5fu said:
Bryan Allen is another team to watch in DII.
Bryan Allen will compete as well just not sure what their numbers will look like. No matter the numbers coach Adams will have his boys ready. Hearing Cedar Park has a sleeper transfer that is solid so they may be a team to take a look at in D3 now

I'm pulling for the two teams from my hometown to make some noise once again in the playoff bracket - ND and WCS. ND always seems to be in the mix. WCS has had some strong teams these past few years, but haven't quite been able to take it to the next level. Maybe this will be the year with a new head coach?

I'm looking for my ND Knights to put it all together this season after some good momentum in 2018. Hopefully they can get back to the title game with one of the fastest backfields in TAPPS 1-A.

WFfootballfan":bdvs1zvd said:
I'm pulling for the two teams from my hometown to make some noise once again in the playoff bracket - ND and WCS. ND always seems to be in the mix. WCS has had some strong teams these past few years, but haven't quite been able to take it to the next level. Maybe this will be the year with a new head coach?

WCS doesn’t have a new coach this year. He did bring in a new assistant coach. Cox is starting his 7th season.

runsdeep85":3feqspr4 said:
WFfootballfan":3feqspr4 said:

WCS doesn’t have a new coach this year. He did bring in a new assistant coach. Cox is starting his 7th season.

I could be wrong but I believe WFFootballfan is speaking of Witchita Christian School when he mentions "WCS".

Back