Underrated

If we are talking all-time, I have a few more:

Donnell, last at Sanderson and Sierra Blanca before that.

Landon Buffe, Zephyr

Joe Helms, last at Grandfalls and Bryson before that.

Jerry Miller, last at Gustine

Mitch Lee, last at Panther Creek

Chad Satcher, last at Mt. Calm and Buckholts before that.

Cameron Norris, last at Santa Anna

Ennis Erikson, Balmorhea, Brookesmith, Silverton, and others.

Grady, too. I liked Coach Helms.

I'd add Clint Lowry and Billy Barnett to the list.

Considering Rule and Throckmorton, no.
Have to wonder if Gordon has been that lacking in talent since Reed took over or his coaching has been subpar? I have attended some their games over the last five years and the players looked athletic enough just didn't win the big games much. Gordon always has had bigger players and more players than their local rival but it hasn't translated into big game success.

Have to wonder if Gordon has been that lacking in talent since Reed took over or his coaching has been subpar? I have attended some their games over the last five years and the players looked athletic enough just didn't win the big games much. Gordon always has had bigger players and more players than their local rival but it hasn't translated into big game success.
It’s overlooked. I feel for sure they feel as if he hung the moon. Lots of talent waisted

I mean there has been very few coaches that are great 6man coaches that have had success coaching 11-man too. I thought he did great during his time coaching 11-man.

You can’t deny that he did an amazing job at Rule and Throckmorton. Gordon has been good under him and they will get better with the new talent coming up from JH. I expect Gordon to be pretty solid in the very near future.

To say otherwise is just being ignorant or salty feelings to a coach who has proven he’s been at the top of the game for a long time now. Just my opinion on the subject.

I mean there has been very few coaches that are great 6man coaches that have had success coaching 11-man too. I thought he did great during his time coaching 11-man.

You can’t deny that he did an amazing job at Rule and Throckmorton. Gordon has been good under him and they will get better with the new talent coming up from JH. I expect Gordon to be pretty solid in the very near future.

To say otherwise is just being ignorant or salty feelings to a coach who has proven he’s been at the top of the game for a long time now. Just my opinion on the subject.
Great point! The only 6-man coach with more success in 11-man than Reed that I can think of off the top my head is Vance Jones.

Happy Coach, Valley Coach, White Deer Coach, John York Paducah, Copley formerly at Follett. Goodwin at Ira, Cervantes at Milford, Bubba Edwards at BC, Roger's at RS, Rigdon/Ethridge at Benjamin. Cherokees Coach, Oliver, Mallory, Clyde Parham, Hayes. All underrated.

Underrated:
Justin Rucker-White Deer
Tate Clark-Spur
Shannon Waters- Benjamin**
John Cherry- Rochelle
Stanaland-Jayton (Always solid but I never hear his name come up)
York-Paducah

Guy I consider Tops but Some don't.
Mike Bigham- Whoever says this man whines has only seen one interview and I'd be upset as well if the team I lost to was screwing employees over to win.

I'm sure there are a lot more guys that I don't know. This is just from me watching the last few years. Most of these programs were Middle of the Road or bad before the current coach made them Playoff or Championship contenders.

I think Mike Bigham is well mentioned name of being on top and building his program with low numbers to compete.

I love that Strawn has started to bash Reed. Means he’s doing a good job.

4th or 7th fastest coach in 6 man to 100 wins I believe I read

In Rule his seasons ended by Tyler Ethridge
And in Throck seasons ended by the same team that ended Strawn in Garden City.

Everyone knows outside the city limits of Strawn that Throckmorton, Motley Co, Richland Springs, and Gordon beat Strawn without the new hire. Than anyone can do. But even the folks in Strawn scratch their head.

Even Strawn first state title came from all the move ins.

Anyways. I also find it funny that they continue to talk about how good they’ll be this year with the new hires and move ins

Where’s the MIS? is it made in Strawn or moved into Strawn.

Let’s see as the years progress. Four years now in Gordon for Reed. Will Strawn keep their same kids vs them or get move ins.

Anyways.

Underrated coaches that continue to work their tails off and compete and not get over the hump due to move ins in other towns or just flat get the most out of their kids and even the top coaches have to prepare hard for in my opinion and haven’t won multiple state titles.

Mike Bigham
Cj Hantz
Tye Keith
Terry Crawford
Garrett Avalos

Last edited:
I think Mike Bigham is well mentioned name of being on top and building his program with low numbers to compete.

Everyone knows outside the city limits of Strawn that Throckmorton, Motley Co, Richland Springs, and Gordon beat Strawn without the new hire. Than anyone can do. But even the folks in Strawn scratch their head.

Anyways. I also find it funny that they continue to talk about how good they’ll be this year with the new hires and move ins

Let’s see as the years progress. Four years now in Gordon for Reed. Will Strawn keep their same kids vs them or get move ins.

Anyways.

Underrated coaches that continue to work their tails off and compete and not get over the hump due to move ins in other towns or just flat get the most out of their kids and even the top coaches have to prepare hard for in my opinion and haven’t won multiple state titles.

Mike Bigham
Cj Hantz
Tye Keith
Terry Crawford
Garrett Avalos
Reeds record at Rule and Throckmorton speaks for itself, he's just an easy target for Strawn folks because he coaches our rival. I guess by your logic since your bashing Strawn and in your own words I guess that means we are doing something right. I would also like for you to name all these move-ins Strawn supposedly had for their first title run in 2003? The only kid on the team that was not home grown was Clifton Baker and he came with Lee because Clifton is his adopted son. All other titles have been won by home grown boys, except this year and the Rigdon's were the only ones not from Strawn. You can make accusations about this year until the cows come home but it won't do any good cause at the end of the day the Strawn boys busted their tails this season (including the Rigdon's) and came away as champs.

Anyways.

Mike Bigham
Cj Hantz
Tye Keith
Terry Crawford
Garrett Avalos
Gordon fans would like to believe Reed is doing a great job with a one and seven record against Strawn since 2016 . The train ran off the tracks somewhere.

Gordon fans would like to believe Reed is doing a great job with a one and seven record against Strawn since 2016 . The train ran off the tracks somewhere.
I promise the train is running straight down the track and gaining speed. If Strawn sticks to the "MIS" logo it is going to be a long 4-5 years for you my friend.

I promise the train is running straight down the track and gaining speed. If Strawn sticks to the "MIS" logo it is going to be a long 4-5 years for you my friend.
Your little jr high team won’t do a thing in high school. Reed has proven it. Look at the waisted talent already. Strawn will 45 Gordon mid 3rd quarter this year.

Back