Underrated

So fair to say that every year six man teams have new faces? I think this site has really gone negative about a few specific instances but it happens all the time. If a kid moves with a parent who got a job at a school or in the district, then that’s legal. Parents still have control over what school system they choose to put their kids in last I checked. We should all try to get along the season is approaching fast.
I agree whole heartedly!!! A lot of negative comments made about schools, coaches, or even kids. We should be happy for all of the kids/schools/coaches accomplishments. Just seems like their are a lot of bitter feelings in the posts and forums. It appears to become personal.
Good luck to you, your school, and your team as well as all other programs this year!!!

I agree whole heartedly!!! A lot of negative comments made about schools, coaches, or even kids. We should be happy for all of the kids/schools/coaches accomplishments. Just seems like their are a lot of bitter feelings in the posts and forums. It appears to become personal.
Good luck to you, your school, and your team as well as all other programs this year!!!
Could not agree more, i maybe have been too excited about the new hires and didn’t realize all the hate that it would bring about. I wish all schools well this season.

Could not agree more, i maybe have been too excited about the new hires and didn’t realize all the hate that it would bring about. I wish all schools well this season.
No hate here. Just stating the fact that when people associated with a school district go on a show seen by millions and arrogantly say things like that, it just paints the district in a different light. Of course, this is just my humble, unbiased, never coached a game in sixman opinion.

Reeds record at Rule and Throckmorton speaks for itself, he's just an easy target for Strawn folks because he coaches our rival. I guess by your logic since your bashing Strawn and in your own words I guess that means we are doing something right. I would also like for you to name all these move-ins Strawn supposedly had for their first title run in 2003? The only kid on the team that was not home grown was Clifton Baker and he came with Lee because Clifton is his adopted son. All other titles have been won by home grown boys, except this year and the Rigdon's were the only ones not from Strawn. You can make accusations about this year until the cows come home but it won't do any good cause at the end of the day the Strawn boys busted their tails this season (including the Rigdon's) and came away as champs.
My apologies, I wasn’t bashing (and should have taken a breath before responding, so my apologies) but could have worded differently so it didn’t come across harsh. I could be wrong on this , But didn’t Coach Taylor get hired by Lee who had a talented son that he used and was a good track kid then when he graduated he didn’t come back? Again. I could be wrong. Also in my opinion if a coach wins state in his first year doesn’t mean he’s not a good coach but credit would have to be given to the previous coaches also , and with that and the additional add ons then it was a good recipe for success. Not saying not deserving. But the additional players. Lee as a good coach. The program was obviously in good shape, yielded a state championship. SHS2015 beef is getting to the comical stage, and I guess time will tell like he said. But even then he won’t tip his hat and say good job to the rivals, so pointless to try to discuss maturely with him.

My apologies, I wasn’t bashing (and should have taken a breath before responding, so my apologies) but could have worded differently so it didn’t come across harsh. I could be wrong on this , But didn’t Coach Taylor get hired by Lee who had a talented son that he used and was a good track kid then when he graduated he didn’t come back? Again. I could be wrong. Also in my opinion if a coach wins state in his first year doesn’t mean he’s not a good coach but credit would have to be given to the previous coaches also , and with that and the additional add ons then it was a good recipe for success. Not saying not deserving. But the additional players. Lee as a good coach. The program was obviously in good shape, yielded a state championship. SHS2015 beef is getting to the comical stage, and I guess time will tell like he said. But even then he won’t tip his hat and say good job to the rivals, so pointless to try to discuss maturely with him.
Lmao 🤣 comical? Because it’s true? I got a warning to quit picking on people so I will. Just settle for mediocrity

Your basing your opinion on beating Throckmorton, who graduated every starter. Trust me I still stand by my word
That's funny, I just looked at the Dave Campbell's Texas Football and it says Throckmorton has 3 returning starters on off/def. I guess they should have checked with you before publishing the article since you seem to know more then they do.

Just my opinion but how did yall leave Clint linman out. State title at mclean, playoffs with a failing Miami team, deep playoffs with whitharral and Whiteface we shall see but the guy wins

Coach Homer Matlock at Westbrook has done an amazing job since taking over the reigns. He came in and fell in district with Water Valley, Garden City and Sterling City and had the boys buy in to the weight program and it has changed this program so drastically. He has put together a great coaching team and Adding coach and long time friend of his Kyle Jeffery this year is proven to be a great addition.

If I were to compile a list, (If?!? Who are we kidding, it's happening), what would be the minimum games coached required to make the list?

Back