UIL State Executive Committee to Meet (Richland Springs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not allowed to speak to a student athlete before transferring or any other time. Idc what was discussed and neither does anyone else.
When he called he had no idea what the call was about or that the kid was wanting to transfer. It’s not like he got a message from the kid saying hey call me I want to come play for you and then my dad called or answered. He answered an unknown number. And when asked what do I do, he told him you can’t move for athletic purposes. Either way, 14 minutes of listening to the kid spill out his issues or just a 30 second phone call ending with my Dad saying the same thing and hanging up, The kid still moved to RS. So it wouldn’t matter how long the call was.

Had that kid if transferred 4 days later then yes speculation would have been made. If On his form your dad submitted it saying no contact was made knowing he just spoke to him 4 days before then yes.
Once again. Coaches don’t fill them out. Parents do in front of coaches. You have His dad filling it out in RS and his mom filling it out in Mullin.

Once again. Coaches don’t fill them out. Parents do in front of coaches. You have His dad filling it out in RS and his mom filling it out in Mullin.
Ok so your dad told the kid you can’t transfer for athletics, with the dad there they mark no they had not spoke to him prior to him transferring. The mom was honest and said yes.

Ok so your dad told the kid you can’t transfer for athletics, with the dad there they mark no they had not spoke to him prior to him transferring. The mom was honest and said yes.
PAPF #16
Did anyone from the new school contact the student prior to their enrollment in the new school?

Did coach Burkhart Contact this kid? No. Coach Burkhart did not Reach out and Contact him.

Just like I said, he listened to what his GF’s mom told him. And everyone knows my dad in this area. So what if he didn’t know him personally? Obviously he believed what his Gf’s mom said.
Helping a kid is commendable, but the moment RS accepted the transfer and tried to get him eligible for varsity play... it went from helping a kid to helping RS. You can try to explain it away as being innocent, and it probably was innocent, but the only way to prove that is... Do not accept the transfer or tell the kid no sports at RS.

Helping a kid is commendable, but the moment RS accepted the transfer and tried to get him eligible for varsity play... it went from helping a kid to helping RS. You can try to explain it away as being innocent, and it probably was innocent, but the only way to prove that is... Do not accept the transfer or tell the kid no sports at RS.
I somewhat can agree but the kid fought for eligibility not RS. Notice, at the meeting no one testified from RS to have him eligible.

It doesn’t ask if there was any contact between school and student before enrollment.
Bending the rules is teaching kids poor character. Everyone knows what the question is asking when it asks about prior contact. Go ahead and "say" it's right, but be prepared to defend and have to deal with the shadow that bending rules places over your program.

Bending the rules is teaching kids poor character. Everyone knows what the question is asking when it asks about prior contact. Go ahead and "say" it's right, but be prepared to defend and have to deal with the shadow that bending rules places over your program.
That’s not bending the rules. That’s a straight forward question. Bending it to fit suit of taking down a coach on speculation is poor character.

When he called he had no idea what the call was about or that the kid was wanting to transfer. It’s not like he got a message from the kid saying hey call me I want to come play for you and then my dad called or answered. He answered an unknown number. And when asked what do I do, he told him you can’t move for athletic purposes. Either way, 14 minutes of listening to the kid spill out his issues or just a 30 second phone call ending with my Dad saying the same thing and hanging up, The kid still moved to RS. So it wouldn’t matter how long the call was.
It really would and did matter. If it was a 30 second conversation.. and then JB notifies all appropriate parties about what just happened- then there is zero doubt in my mind he is on the sideline next week when RS returns to play.

I think it's safe to say that nobody has anything constructive, or additional, to add to this conversation. If you do, bring it up. Otherwise, let's just stop all this back and forth bickering that's going on. It's pretty clear nobody is changing their mind about how they feel things went down and it feels like some of y'all are just chasing your tails at this point.

So...let's quit this and move on to something else...I hear there may be some football games or something going on starting tomorrow night...maybe we could talk about those in another thread?

It really would and did matter. If it was a 30 second conversation.. and then JB notifies all appropriate parties about what just happened- then there is zero doubt in my mind he is on the sideline next week when RS returns to play.
I’m sorry but I strongly disagree. When Coach Williamson texted my Dad it was not a courtesy text. It was him assuming my Dad was talking to his player/s. This is not the first time Coach Williamson has accused my Dad. So why would you contact that coach again? If he would have let Williamson know, Williamson would have said. See…. Here is the proof you were talking to him (prior to his actual phone call with the student. My dad thought it was best to report it to our superintendent and leave it at that. Who else is there to inform? The coach who has already accused you for years? Idk about you but I just report to my boss. I don’t call another company and inform them of what’s going on.
Dad also willingly got AT&T phone records to show he never reached out to the kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back