UIL State Executive Committee to Meet (Richland Springs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call Burky and ask...

I'll do one better:

UIL Constitution Subchapter E, Section 27(e)(4):

(4) Suspension. The State Executive Committee may issue an order of suspension to a covered school district employee suspending the employee from participating in any germane contest plan for a period of one (1) day to three (3) years. Suspension shall include refraining from coaching at least one (1) contest. It may include suspension from other activities, such as attending the germane contest, scouting, practicing with the athlete(s), or any other reasonable condition the State Executive Committee chooses to impose.

This seems to be more applicable to the discussion than Bible verses. ;-)

I'll do one better:

(4) Suspension. The State Executive Committee may issue an order of suspension to a covered school district employee suspending the employee from participating in any germane contest plan for a period of one (1) day to three (3) years. Suspension shall include refraining from coaching at least one (1) contest. It may include suspension from other activities, such as attending the germane contest, scouting, practicing with the athlete(s), or any other reasonable condition the State Executive Committee chooses to impose.

The Committee looks dumb. He will still be in day 2 day planning and coaching. He will still be at games.

I'll do one better:

Burky would disagree, Bring God into your program. That's his number one standard. So, since we are talking about Burky, the bible versus fit in well.

I'm glad you did some research and found what the UIL says on suspensions. Very proud of the work you have put in. Keep it up, kid!

depends
if you say amen but your actions say otherwise, you are subject to scorn

As I understand the actions taken today, Burkhart can have nada in the way on contact with RS for three years, AD position deals with coaching on a daily basis

I'm glad you did some research and found what the UIL says on suspensions. Very proud of the work you have put in. Keep it up, kid!

pshaw shucks. Thanks dad. lol.

You should try facts some time. They sure make arguments more interesting.

This is the part that I would like to see more clarification on:

"or any other reasonable condition the State Executive Committee chooses to impose."

pshaw shucks. Thanks dad. lol.

You should try facts some time. They sure make arguments more interesting.

This is the part that I would like to see more clarification on:

"or any other reasonable condition the State Executive Committee chooses to impose."
I would think that means extra classes or stipulations added to the punishment. I have heard other SEC rulings where they assigned further training modules completion for coaches after ejections.

simon cowell facepalm GIF

I don’t have any connection to any of the schools kids or coaches involved. Most All of the remarks made here are made from emotion. The UIL COMMITTEE made its decision on the DEC decision composed of superintendents from those school district aNd paperwork from the schools and the evidence of the phone call made betwee the student and coach. Student may have been unaware of possible violations but coach has to be aware. Whether intentional or otherwise It reinforced the recruiting claim. Glad the other coach was cleared. Now as an AD and coach. Depends on how his contract reads. Some districts separate the positions and make the AD an administrative position who can be assigned other duties. (Ie attend games.) some have them connected. You can almost be assured that there will be eyes and ears at games and practices to assure that the coach has no interaction with the team. They can’t prevent him from interaction with coaches after hours but Although that‘s where that last statement or other actions the committee may decide could be applied There are enough haters to do this. Cell phone head sets any communicative device with coaches you can rest assured will be videoed. RSisd is well aware of the consequences of ANY VIOLATIONS. Hopefully I’m sure that as the season goes on the heated words from here will cool and let the kids play the game for the love of it. It’s a travesty to have a situation as this affect and effect the lives of students but with the diversity in attitudes opinions and directions in the world today its expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back