UIL State Executive Committee to Meet (Richland Springs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the UIL wanted to make an example out of Richland Springs for recruiting, they failed miserably. That being said, 2 kids could've died in a rollover yesterday, one of those kids was Grayson Rigdon, the other his girlfriend. Integrity and honesty is a very crucial part of the 6man game and yes the Richland Springs drama is worthy of comments recieved, but what really matters is we dont have to hear about the funeral(s) of kids that couldve very well happened.

If the UIL wanted to make an example out of Richland Springs for recruiting, they failed miserably. That being said, 2 kids could've died in a rollover yesterday, one of those kids was Grayson Rigdon, the other his girlfriend. Integrity and honesty is a very crucial part of the 6man game and yes the Richland Springs drama is worthy of comments recieved, but what really matters is we dont have to hear about the funeral(s) of kids that couldve very well happened.
Amen

Let's hope that's not the case and the UIL actually tries to shut this type of activity down. I am sure the eyes will be all over RS going forward, so it may not even be fun to be involved as AD. Burkhardt from what I can gather, lives for football and RS. This is going to be a tough pill for him to swallow, even if he did do it to himself.

So....other than the coaches being suspended for 3 years....What does the 3 year probation do to the school?
Only coach suspended is Burkhart.
I'll do one better:

UIL Constitution Subchapter E, Section 27(e)(4):

(4) Suspension. The State Executive Committee may issue an order of suspension to a covered school district employee suspending the employee from participating in any germane contest plan for a period of one (1) day to three (3) years. Suspension shall include refraining from coaching at least one (1) contest. It may include suspension from other activities, such as attending the germane contest, scouting, practicing with the athlete(s), or any other reasonable condition the State Executive Committee chooses to impose.

This seems to be more applicable to the discussion than Bible verses. ;-)
John 3:16

Everything else considered, in my opinion RS got off easy.
The UIL could have easily decided to rule RS ineligible for post season play, found Rogers and other guilty, etc.
Yes, Burkhart is gonna have to pay the price, regardless of what others think.
I have no dog in this fight, I do wish the UIL would find a measure of consistency in how they make their rulings, though.
Earlier this year, a coach took a job at a 5A high school, his son transferred in February and was ruled ineligible by the DEC of the district his new school was in.
Same or very similiar scenario to what we've seen in the 6 man ranks this year and other years, yet those players are immediately eligible to play.
The UIL needs to make the rules more clear and consistent across the board, from 6A to 1A, and eliminate the loopholes.
Will RS still have a great year? Oh yeah, I think this event might inspire them.
Is RS gonna be under a microscope for a while? MMMmm.....probably even more so now that Burkhart was found guilty of the recruiting charge.
Let's all remember: Burkhart was the one found guilty, NOT THE KIDS.

lol. Love it. Never enough blood for the anti-RS crowd.

Wait a couple days and see what RSISD does. My guess is that since they are on probation, they will not do anything that will cause a problem or raise an eyebrow. My guess is that JB moves on for now. But we shall see.
He's a survivor. He has his real estate business that
Everything else considered, in my opinion RS got off easy.
The UIL could have easily decided to rule RS ineligible for post season play, found Rogers and other guilty, etc.
Yes, Burkhart is gonna have to pay the price, regardless of what others think.
I have no dog in this fight, I do wish the UIL would find a measure of consistency in how they make their rulings, though.
Earlier this year, a coach took a job at a 5A high school, his son transferred in February and was ruled ineligible by the DEC of the district his new school was in.
Same or very similiar scenario to what we've seen in the 6 man ranks this year and other years, yet those players are immediately eligible to play.
The UIL needs to make the rules more clear and consistent across the board, from 6A to 1A, and eliminate the loopholes.
Will RS still have a great year? Oh yeah, I think this event might inspire them.
Is RS gonna be under a microscope for a while? MMMmm.....probably even more so now that Burkhart was found guilty of the recruiting charge.
Let's all remember: Burkhart was the one found guilty, NOT THE KIDS.
You are correct. The players are "filled with a terrible resolve". I believe Cherokee and Rochelle will feel their wrath.

Probably won't be the same. After this, I am sure they will be under a microscope. One slip up and the hammer will come down.

On another note, I'm glad they didn't penalize the players that are still on that team for something the coach did. That's one of the hardest parts of all of these decisions is trying to not penalize the students. Happens in college ball as well.
What's your thoughts on the Claude boys who transferred to white deer last year? Was that recruiting?

It's been fun to watch some of the great Richland Springs teams play, but all of the smug "if you have proof take it to the UIL" posts from fans were just laying brick after brick of bad karma. Cmon. Everyone has always known how this stuff works.

So ... it is bad karma to demand proof / facts when slanderous, unsubstantiated claims are made?

If you've been paying attention you'd know that 1) I try my best not to delete anything...in most cases I leave most of the posts as they are and just lock the topic and 2) the only things I've deleted are things that violate the rules that you agreed to. You want to post about RS recruiting years ago? Post some pictures of your evidence, or proof...just saying you know it's been happening does not make it true.

It's a privately owned website that's open to the public. That doesn't mean the public is free to do as they like.

As I've stated numerous times before, the only posts that are removed are posts that violate the rules that everyone here agreed to.

We've already been down that road. No need to go back...

What the heck has happened today! This is crazy.
I was there this morning. A Kangaroo Court.

As his son, I am saddened to see such a great man and coach go down like this. It was clear in the room that they had their minds made up. They went strictly off of DEC statement. Didn’t ask the parents, didn’t ask Mullin any questions. Just my Dad. Growing up I’ve spoken on the phone to multiple coaches about things I couldn’t talk to my Dad about. Advice on life decisions. Never have I heard a coach can’t talk to a kid not from his school. This is outrageous and I have lost respect for this sixman community and UIL. I know what type of man my Dad is and everyone who knows him would happily take the stand and testify. No matter what I say, will stop this site from bashing my Dad. My Dad is a great man and a Great Coach that didn’t deserve this.
Dude he got caught lmao stop with the sob story

Proof and facts were made. Decisions were made. You can be mad all you want ,but what was done is done.

We're not talking about the Mullin case. I'm talking about the OP's post about all of the claims made throughout the years. Those are unsubstantiated and will always be unsubstantiated.

I ask again, is it bad karma (as the OP suggested) to demand proof of slanderous, unsubstantiated claims? Be a man ... answer it.

You know, now that JB is suspended, I suppose he is free to pursue defamation suits against many of you. Some wild claims have been made. I have attorney's in the family, perhaps I will assist. lol.

We're not talking about the Mullin case. I'm talking about the OP's post about all of the claims made throughout the years. Those are unsubstantiated and will always be unsubstantiated.

I ask again, is it bad karma (as the OP suggested) to demand proof of slanderous, unsubstantiated claims? Be a man ... answer it.

You know, now that JB is suspended, I suppose he is free to pursue defamation suits against many of you. Some wild claims have been made. I have attorney's in the family, perhaps I will assist. lol.
Wasn't Walker Tippie from Mullin? I know he was at Richland Springs correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back