UIL State Executive Committee to Meet (Richland Springs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the meeting. Hard to hear everything that was said, but there was a unanimous guilty vote for Coach Burkhart and he was issued a 3 year suspension. RS received a public reprimand and will be on probation for the next 3 years. The committee discussed a playoff ban, but decided against it. Looks like this is the end for Burkhart.
He's a survivor. He can now devote more time to his real estate business during the next 3 years. You can't keep a good man down.

Was tarnished this morning if you havent heard
I was there. It was a Kangaroo Court. The SEC was hostile and blatantly bias towards Burkhart. They were rude and unprofessional. Very unbecoming of the UIL. Don't take my word for it, look at the tape. All they kept alluding to was the 14 minute call. The call was not transmitted or recorded. All assumptions. No concrete evidence either way. A miscarriage of justice.

I was there. It was a Kangaroo Court. The SEC was hostile and blatantly bias towards Burkhart. They were rude and unprofessional. Very unbecoming of the UIL. Don't take my word for it, look at the tape. All they kept alluding to was the 14 minute call. The call was not transmitted or recorded. All assumptions. No concrete evidence either way. A miscarriage of justice.
Sooooo…..it takes 14 minutes to tell a kid, “I’m sorry, I can’t discuss this with you. If you come here and your coach checks you moved for athletic purposes, you will have to play jv in every sport for a full year.”

Was he always recruiting? Was it just a lack of proof that allowed him to not be caught sooner? That’s the tarnish type questions now. Idk the answers to them but the they will always hover over the 9 titles.
Soon to be 10 titles. The Yotes have been "filled with a terrible resolve".

Sooooo…..it takes 14 minutes to tell a kid, “I’m sorry, I can’t discuss this with you. If you come here and your coach checks you moved for athletic purposes, you will have to play jv in every sport for a full year.”
Once again ... speculation.

I don't know what the convo was for 14 minutes. Neither do you. Neither does the UIL. Assumptions were made.

Now ... do I believe that for 14 minutes that JB did not discuss football? My OPINION is that he did. Football is a large part of his life. To what level, I do not know. Was it recruiting? I don't know. The UIL made that judgment. It is final. I accept that because there is no other course of action but to accept it and move forward.

No, that’s poor judgement. It’s cut and dry. He of all people knows this. You answer the kid’s/fathers question and move on. At least that’s what a coach with character and integrity does.
In all my years of litigation, this case takes the cake. The DEC and SEC do not have subpoena powers. How did the DEC gain possession of the phone records ?

The rumors I’ve heard about RS over the years are ridiculous. Normally I can roll my eyes and laugh it off because I know better. Like UIL stated, winning programs don’t have to recruit. They recruit themselves. People want to go where winning programs are. Most schools are going to hire a coach with athletic kids over a coach with no kids. We all know this. This isn’t recruiting. The hate for RS because they are a six man powerhouse is out of control. Richland will ALWAYS have a winning program. It’s in their blood. No worries, they will be fine.

As far as the 14-minute phone call, I don’t know; I wasn’t there. Neither were any of you. I know it doesn’t look right; but I honestly believe it was nothing inappropriate. That’s not “his way.”

I can speak from first-hand experience about “his way”. With him, it’s not just about football and winning games. My kid wasn’t “home grown” but was treated as such. My kid didn’t even play sports but JB made them feel like they were the most important kid at that school. He made them feel like they were part of the Coyote family since the first day they set foot on campus. He included them in everything and even though not part of the team, they felt like it. He’s a true man of God. He has instilled great things in our kiddos for years. He doesn’t just talk the talk, he walks the walk. Quit believing the rumors and gossip about him. If you know him, you know what kind of guy he is and how loved he is. If you don’t, sit down.

I ask again (last time), is it bad karma (as the OP suggested) to demand proof of slanderous, unsubstantiated claims?
From what I read the coach at Mullin documented his conversations with the player and with his parents as things transpired so his documented deposition would be considered factual. Not hearsay. The phone records provided proof of said contact with JB. Yes the UIL had no idea what was discussed between the student and JB but that is how they roll. Doesn't help that the student in question is a talented quarterback, instead of an inspired bench warmer. Also the matter the student would need a wavier to attend RS from Mullin. Parents didn't move?

From what I read the coach at Mullin documented his conversations with the player and with his parents as things transpired so his documented deposition would be considered factual. Not hearsay. The phone records provided proof of said contact with JB. Yes the UIL had no idea what was discussed between the student and JB but that is how they roll. Doesn't help that the student in question is a talented quarterback, instead of an inspired bench warmer. Also the matter the student would need a wavier to attend RS from Mullin. Parents didn't move?
Come on Tex. Don’t bring facts and common sense into this now. 😂 😂 😂

Since the UIL ruled Richland Springs to be on "probation" I think that was a weak form of punishment. They should be outlaw the next 3 years and schedule opponents they've been avoiding the past 20+ years. But all is good in RS minus burkhart being suspended for 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back