UIL realignment list

I'm looking at the 1A Football DII...Region II...notice District 5 has 4 teams and D6 and D7 both have 7 teams (D8 has 6)...think that could have been drawn up a little better to make every district in that Region have 6 teams...those Districts 6 and 7 are full of teams that could play 6man so I am curious to see if over the next 2 seasons who are playoff teams and/or competing for district titles...

Also I see that Roscoe is now Roscoe Collegiate...

oneday":1hnslkgy said:
Poor Karnack...That District looks tough on paper! Calvert, Milford, Trinidad...

Should Throckmorton be happy to be in the West again???

Not just the West, but Region 2. They will have to actually earn their way to the finals this season. Not to take anything away from the Greyhounds, but the East was weak last year.

rainjacktx":2xxp8ew1 said:
I love Rotan's mascot. The Yellowhammers. I think it's a bird. But whatever it is, I like saying it. yellowhammer.
The Yellowhammer, Emberiza citrinella, is a passerine bird in the bunting family Emberizidae. It is common in all sorts of open areas with some scrub or trees and form small flocks in winter.
The Yellowhammer is a robust 15.5–17 cm long bird, with a thick seed-eater's bill. The male has a bright yellow head, yellow underparts, and a heavily streaked brown back. The female is much duller, and more streaked below. The familiar, if somewhat monotonous, song of the cock is often described as A little bit of bread and no cheese.
Its natural diet consists of insects when feeding young, and otherwise seeds. The nest is on the ground. 3-6 eggs are laid, which show the hair-like markings characteristic of those of buntings.
Are we bored or what?

District 4 DII -
Lorenzo, last playoff appearance-2007 (hasn't won a playoff game ever it looks like)
Southland, last playoff appearance-2007 (hasn't won a playoff game since 1996)
New Home, last playoff appearance-2007 (hasn't won a playoff game since 2001)
Wilson, ...not sure when they made the playoffs last...hasn't won a playoff game since 1986...

This will be a nice district to follow I think!

rainjacktx":1m1f1y4r said:
I love Rotan's mascot. The Yellowhammers. I think it's a bird. But whatever it is, I like saying it. yellowhammer.

It isn't hard to be proud of a mascot that can take it's pecker and drill a hole in a tree.

(please delete if this is out of line here)

Rotan - Hope Yall do well! I am already a Fan! Rotan is the birth place of Six-Man in Texas! However, you have the team with probably the best player in Six-Man in your district (Ira)...and then if you don't win district you have the defending State Champs there for Bi-District. You are in one of the hardest Regions in Six-Man...but like I said I'm hope yall do well...and Roby goes 0-10 for 2 years.

smokeyjoe53":a4mhsqjc said:
rainjacktx":a4mhsqjc said:
The Yellowhammer, Emberiza citrinella, is a passerine bird in the bunting family Emberizidae. It is common in all sorts of open areas with some scrub or trees and form small flocks in winter.
The Yellowhammer is a robust 15.5–17 cm long bird, with a thick seed-eater's bill. The male has a bright yellow head, yellow underparts, and a heavily streaked brown back. The female is much duller, and more streaked below. The familiar, if somewhat monotonous, song of the cock is often described as A little bit of bread and no cheese.
Its natural diet consists of insects when feeding young, and otherwise seeds. The nest is on the ground. 3-6 eggs are laid, which show the hair-like markings characteristic of those of buntings.
Are we bored or what?

If you are reduced to copying and pasting from the Audubon Society website, then yes - we are bored.

But props to you if you could spell 'audubon' without having to look it up. I could have sworn it was a-u-t-o-b-o-n.

Razorbackinrotan":dmm0izck said:
rainjacktx":dmm0izck said:

It isn't hard to be proud of a mascot that can take it's ***** and drill a hole in a tree.

(please delete if this is out of line here)
It takes quite a bit to get out of line around here...............

rainjacktx":6v464cnb said:
smokeyjoe53":6v464cnb said:
rainjacktx":6v464cnb said:
Are we bored or what?

If you are reduced to copying and pasting from the Audubon Society website, then yes - we are bored.

But props to you if you could spell 'audubon' without having to look it up. I could have sworn it was a-u-t-o-b-o-n.
you don't even have to do that... just highlight and right click then search with google... Really RJ, you should explore technology a little more. I'm sure your local Senior Center offers classes..........

smokeyjoe53":15nl9rip said:
you don't even have to do that... just highlight and right click then search with google... Really RJ, you should explore technology a little more. I'm sure your local Senior Center offers classes..........

Our Senior Center does quilting and 42.

Speaking of...me and the ladies are finishing my quilt top this afternoon. You should see it - it is glorious.

Back