UIL realignment list

No real shockers in the West. Much better than the last alignment, IMO.

Throck moves back to the West bracket. Now there is no one in the East.

Razorbackinrotan":2b5v923i said:
WooHoo ready for some 6-man Football!! Hope we kick some tail! District 7 watch out cause it is HAMMER TIME!!!
Rotan better be ready for some sixman ball (the greatest football on the planet) because them BULLDOGS are going to be tougher this season than last..... GO DOGS!!

BuffaloPeteEx":3tgjxdlm said:
Looks like Petersburg will get to play in the "Valley America Hair Salon and Tire Center Stadium "!

Great quotes from the past never die, especially mine. Or to put it another way - I'll never live that one down.

But yeah. I think it's a great move. Paducah is going to be horribly weak again next season, so it's already a two-man race for the championship. I wonder if that will have any impact on whether Valley decide to participate in your scrimmage - which is probably the best scrimmage in the state.

This is an OFFICIAL WELCOME to Six-Man for

Nazareth
Marfa
Rotan
Savoy
Mount Calm
Campbell
High island

Also playing in district as opposed to outlaw

Anton
Lingleville
Blum
Fruitvale
Chester

Also welcome back to the WEST
Throckmorton

Don Hardin
Abilene

Its kind of bitter / sweet to see the realignment today knowing we still have to wait another six months before we see any action.... bummer Im ready now!

mustangscoach":1djmdg2y said:
Division 1 region 2 is stacked with good teams. There are going to be a lot of good teams that don't even get out of their district.

Region 2 gets rid of BC but picks up Throck, so Region 2 is still the toughest in the state. But picking up BC adds some strength to Region 1.

I'm already looking forward to August.

ryry":35i6mapm said:
Its kind of bitter / sweet to see the realignment today knowing we still have to wait another six months before we see any action.... bummer Im ready now!
Me too!
Thank God they left Aquilla & Abbott in the same district. The rivalry is always better when it's a district game.

CowboyP":j48xc5n0 said:
Rainjack, don't count the east out yet. There are still a few teams with some strength.

Not so much counting them out as noticing that not much has changed from this past season - other than Throck moving west.

rainjacktx":1oeiqare said:
CowboyP":1oeiqare said:
Rainjack, don't count the east out yet. There are still a few teams with some strength.

Not so much counting them out as noticing that not much has changed from this past season - other than Throck moving west.
I think there are a couple of teams that may surprise you.

Jedi":2c9ghah3 said:
I predict a Region 2 vs. Region 3 matchup for the state game in division I.

Meh - You have Valley and BC in Region one. They were the two semi-finalists last year. I don't see much changing in the next 12 months except that Valley will win their first state ring next December.

If rainjack says it, so shall it be written.

Back