UIL realignment list

lifegatesports":1pab2ysp said:
Just saw this linked on a post on theoldcoach.com

It's on the UIL website ... it's a master list of schools that have indicated their interest in playing football (with 6 man identified from 11 man) and basketball.

But it's 31 pages long ... I'll let someone else check it out.

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignment ... l_Info.pdf

PS ... Realignment day is next Thursday, February 2nd.
Seriously?
I thought you were our 6man Detective?
Go detect!
While you're there,
see if they have a big weightroom.

Okay, I couldn't resist.

There are 138 (I missed Iredell and Trent first time through) schools on the six-man list (unless I missed one).

I noticed that Commanche Premier Charter was gone (I had heard they were moving to T-CAL).
I'll bold the ones I think are new. But I could be wrong and it's getting late.

Two outlaws are on the no football list: Fort Hancock and Grand Prairie Advantage Charter.

Abbott
Ackerly Sands
Afton Patton Springs
Amherst
Anton
Apple Springs
Aquilla
Aspermont
Avalon
Balmorhea
Benjamin
Blackwell
Blanket
Bloomburg
Blum
Bowie Gold-Burg
Brookesmith
Bryson
Buckholts
Bynum
Calvert
Campbell
Cherokee
Chester
Chillicothe
Coolidge
Cotton Center
Covington
Cranfills Gap
Crowell
Darrouzett
Dell City
Eden
Evant
Follett
Forestburg
Fort Davis
Fruitvale
Gail Borden Co.
Garden City
Gordon
Grandfalls-Royalty
Groom
Gustine
Guthrie
Happy
Harrold
Hart
Haskell Paint Creek
Hedley
Hermleigh
Higgins
High Island
Imperial Buena Vista
Ira
Iredell
Irving Universal Charter
Jayton
Jonesboro
Karnack
Knox City
Kopperl
Kress
Ladonia Fannindel
Laird Hill Leveretts Chapel
Lamesa Klondike
Lazbuddie
Lefors
Lenorah Grady
Lingleville
Lohn
Lometa
Loop
Loraine
Lorenzo
Lubbock Harmony Science Charter
Lueders-Avoca
Marfa
Matador Motley County
May
McLean
Meadow
Maimi
Milford
Moran
Morgan
Mount Calm
Mullin
Nazareth
New Home
Newcastle
Oakwood
Odonnell
Oglesby
Paducah
Paint Rock
Penelope
Petersburg
Prairie Lea
Rankin
Richland Springs
Rising Star
Robert Lee
Rochelle
Ropesville Ropes
Roscoe Highland
Rotan
Rule
Saint Jo
Sanderson
Santa Anna
Savoy
Sidney
Sierra Blanca
Silverton
Southland
Spur
Star
Sterling City
Strawn
Throckmorton
Trent
Trinidad
Turkey Valley
Valera Panther Creek
Veribest
Vernon Northside
Walnut Springs
Water Valley
Waxahacie Advantage Charter
Welch Dawson
Wellman-Union
Westbrook
Whiteface
Whitharral
Wilson
Woodson
Zephyr

Dogface":1cerremu said:
Good work Detective!
Now go get you some shut eye.

Found two I missed ... Iredell & Trent; so we're now at 138.

Don't know which is worst ... me doing this at midnight or somebody staying up to post about it ... let's both call it a night. (But I did take a nap this afternoon ...)

smokeyjoe53":2v85ou2d said:
would have been a lot easier if they had left it as an excel file....................

Yeah, but maybe some of you ol' publik skool types can tell me ... has UIL ever released a list like this in the past prior to realignment? If I hadn't actually seen it on the UIL web site, I would have thought this was something stolen out of the super-secret hideaway room where UIL and their minions are under 24-hour-lock-and-key, living off rations and bottled water, prior to any even mention of realignment leaves the building on February 2nd.

What do you think the "# of Grades" column represents on the UIL list?

Just skimming through the list, the following looked odd:

Anton HS - 2
Loop HS - 2
Mount Calm HS - 3

At first glace, I thought it might represent the number of grades in the High School (as described in the "Formula" section at the bottom of page 2 of the below document). However, that does not appear to be the case...

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/policy/RR ... 012-14.pdf

Any ideas?

I'm guessing a bold school is a new school being placed in a district for 2012...

if so Bloomburg should not be bold, and Fruitvale, Lingleville, and Higgins should be bold:

So new schools to be placed in a district would be:

Anton
Blum
Campbell
Fruitvale
Higgins
High Island
Lingleville
Marfa
Mount Calm
Nazareth
Rotan
Savoy

What schools are we loosing...Novice I know...any others???

Patton Springs is the 3rd school listed...

Also every time I see Turkey Valley I laugh!

And I never understood why they list it as Roscoe Highland...Highland is about 8 miles away from Roscoe! I guess that's where their mail goes?

And you are right peoples...I forgot that

oneday":132zqq7m said:
I'm guessing a bold school is a new school being placed in a district for 2012...

Anton
Blum
Campbell
Fruitvale
Higgins
High Island
Lingleville
Marfa
Mount Calm
Nazareth
Rotan
Savoy

Hey, it was late. Besides Novice, Samnorwood and I think Byers all weren't on the list. I do think that if your school did not compete in FOOTBALL and BASKETBALL you weren't on the list at all (reason I think that is that there is a Health Careers magnet HS in San Antonio and I read once how they compete at 5A level in tennis and maybe one or two other individual sports but not in team sports; and they aren't on the list).

Granger shows 127 teams in D1/D2 last year. This list is 138, so that's up 11 from then plus the two outlaws (Ft. Hancock and GP Advantage Charter) makes 140 UIL schools. Then, there are going to be a couple others such as Gholson and I think maybe Tioga that will play JV this year (Tioga may be JH only).

UIL Reclassification and Realignment Information - Press Release

AUSTIN, TX ? The biennial UIL reclassification and realignment for the 2012-13 and 2013-14 school years will be released Thursday, Feb. 2 at 9:00 a.m. CST. The new alignments, established by enrollment figures submitted to the UIL by its member schools in October, will serve as football and basketball districts for the next two school years.

In an effort to increase transparency, the UIL has posted the 2012 reclassification and realignment procedure memo for schools and the 2012-14 selections for reclassification and realignment on the UIL website at www.uiltexas.org/alignments.

The University Interscholastic League will host a question and answer session for interested media outlets regarding the release of the reclassification and realignment Thursday, Feb. 2 at 9:15 a.m. at the UIL building in Austin. All media present will be given complete reclassification and realignment packets, and maps of conference and district alignments will be on display during the question and answer session. Media outlets interested in scheduling an interview with UIL Director of Athletics Dr. Mark Cousins or UIL Deputy Director Dr. Jamey Harrison for Thursday should contact the UIL Media Office to set up a time.

Reclassification and realignment districts and information will be released through an electronic press release at 9 a.m. Thursday to media on the UIL press release recipient list. The information will also beavailable online via the UIL website at www.uiltexas.org, and at the 20 Regional Education Service Centers across the state. Additionally, complete reclassification and realignment packets will be available at the UIL office in Austin.

For the first time ever, interactive electronic maps containing conference and district alignments will be available on the UIL website. The interactive maps, which provide a visual representation of how districts are aligned geographically across the state, will be posted on Thursday, Feb. 2.

The reclassification and realignment will also be revealed on Fox Sports Southwest at 9 a.m. Thursday on a special episode of the High School Spotlight hosted by Craig Way. The show will be dedicated solely to reclassification and realignment issues, both debuting the new district alignments and discussing the realignment process with UIL Executive Director Dr. Charles Breithaupt, UIL Director of Athletics Dr. Mark Cousins and UIL Deputy Director Dr. Jamey Harrison.

I'm suprised one of you smart publik skool folks haven't done this yet ... match up the UIL list from this week (identifying the 138 UIL district sixman schools) with the ADA numbers that were collected here this fall.

I did that. I am missing three schools ... Coolidge, Darrouzett and Fruitvale. Looks to me the D1/D2 break is going to be somewhere around 53 students. My list shows four schools at that number: Prairie Lea, Rankin, Walnut Springs, and Westbrook, so based on this they would be considered on-the-bubble.

My guess is that at least two of the three schools where we don't have numbers fall above the 53 number, so my guess is that those four bubble schools will be the largest schools in D2.

Now the fun part would be to think how the crack-addicted monkey will put these schools in districts. If there are 16 districts, they'd have an average size of 4.3 (based on 69 schools in each division); I thought they might want to go with 6 team districts, which would put four byes in the mix, but the average doesn''t get up to 6 -- it's 5.75), so my bet is 16 districts of four or five teams.

MARFA HS 98.0
WATER VALLEY HS 98.0
ABBOTT HS 97.0
ROTAN HS 96.0
CAMPBELL HS 95.0
BLUM HS 94.0
ROPESVILLE ROPES HS 94.0
SAVOY HS 94.0
AQUILLA HS 91.0
GARDEN CITY HS 87.0

LOMETA HS 87.0
WAXAHACHIE ADVANTAGE ACADEMY 85.0
SAINT JO HS 84.0
AVALON HS 82.0
HIGH ISLAND HS 79.0
MAY HS 78.0
MEADOW HS 78.0
WHITEFACE HS 76.0
APPLE SPRINGS HS 75.0
BYNUM HS 75.0

CROWELL HS 75.0
IRA HS 75.0
HART HS 74.0
SPUR HS 74.0
COVINGTON HS 73.0
TURKEY VALLEY HS 73.0
LENORAH GRADY HS 72.0
GORDON HS 71.0
IRVING UNIVERSAL ACADEMY 71.0
SANTA ANNA HS 71.0

ODONNELL HS 70.0
PETERSBURG HS 70.0
ROCHELLE HS 70.0
BUCKHOLTS HS 69.0
KRESS HS 69.0
ZEPHYR HS 69.0
BLOOMBURG HS 68.0
EDEN HS 68.0
GUSTINE HS 68.0
FORT DAVIS HS 67.0

VERIBEST HS 66.0
KNOX CITY HS 65.0
LAMESA KLONDIKE HS 65.0
ROSCOE HIGHLAND HS 65.0
HERMLEIGH HS 64.0
KOPPERL HS 64.0
LINGLEVILLE HS 64.0
MOUNT CALM HS 63.0
HAPPY HS 62.0
STERLING CITY HS 62.0

BRYSON HS 61.0
EVANT HS 60.0
NAZARETH HS 60.0
OAKWOOD HS 59.0
THROCKMORTON HS 58.0
GAIL BORDEN COUNTY HS 57.0
PAINT ROCK HS 57.0
LADONIA FANNINDEL HS 56.0
MIAMI HS 56.0
PADUCAH HS 56.0

LAIRD HILL LEVERETTS CHAPEL HS 55.0
ANTON HS 54.0
FOLLETT HS 54.0
HASKELL PAINT CREEK HS 54.0
MCLEAN HS 54.0
PENELOPE HS 54.0

PRAIRIE LEA HS 53.0
RANKIN HS 53.0
WALNUT SPRINGS HS 53.0
WESTBROOK HS 53.0

ASPERMONT HS 52.0
NEW HOME HS 52.0
CHESTER HS 50.0
RISING STAR HS 50.0
SOUTHLAND HS 50.0
VERNON NORTHSIDE HS 50.0
WELLMAN‐UNION HS 49.0
BLACKWELL HS 48.0
CHILLICOTHE HS 48.0

JONESBORO HS 48.0
MATADOR MOTLEY COUNTY HS 48.0
AMHERST HS 47.0
MILFORD HS 47.0
TRENT HS 47.0
WHITHARRAL HS 47.0
BALMORHEA HS 46.0
BROOKESMITH HS 46.0
FORESTBURG HS 46.0
LORENZO HS 46.0

LUBBOCK HARMONY SCIENCE ACADEMY 46.0
BLANKET HS 45.0
CHEROKEE HS 45.0
JAYTON HS 45.0
LORAINE HS 45.0
NEWCASTLE HS 45.0
OGLESBY HS 45.0
RULE HS 45.0
SILVERTON HS 45.0
STRAWN HS 45.0

WELCH DAWSON HS 45.0
TRINIDAD HS 44.5
KARNACK HS 44.0
LAZBUDDIE HS 44.0
CALVERT HS 43.0
SIERRA BLANCA HS 43.0
ACKERLY SANDS HS 42.0
MULLIN HS 42.0
ROBERT LEE HS 42.0
VALERA PANTHER CREEK HS 42.0

WOODSON HS 42.0
MORAN HS 40.0
IMPERIAL BUENA VISTA HS 39.0
LOHN HS 39.0
GROOM HS 38.0
LEFORS HS 38.0
RICHLAND SPRINGS HS 38.0
WILSON HS 38.0
AFTON PATTON SPRINGS HS 35.0
BOWIE GOLD‐BURG HS 35.0

HEDLEY HS 35.0
IREDELL HS 34.0
HIGGINS HS 33.0
CRANFILLS GAP HS 32.0
HARROLD HS 32.0
LOOP HS 32.0
LUEDERS‐AVOCA HS 32.0
SIDNEY HS 32.0
SANDERSON HS 31.0
GUTHRIE HS 30.0

MORGAN HS 30.0
COTTON CENTER HS 29.0
GRANDFALLS‐ROYALTY HS 28.0
STAR HS 26.0
DELL CITY HS 25.0
BENJAMIN HS 11.0

COOLIDGE HS ?
DARROUZETT HS ?
FRUITVALE HS ?

COOLIDGE HS ?
DARROUZETT HS ?
FRUITVALE HS ?

At some point in time I had Coolidge with 68.5. Not sure of accuracy Orr even how I got the number but I do have that number.

I have nothing on Darrouzett or Fruitvale.

Don Hardin
Abilene

Back