Top teams D1 and D2 2023

15, never have heard of a coach not holding back his kids, time and time again i hear on these pages about who is the best, Dwayne miles played in the nfl nuff said, Grayson is a better basketball player bad thing is though he needs to get to about 6"5 to have a chance in basketball anywhere that is D1. Benjamin wont help him get anywhere he has several options and i hope he chooses wisely, nobody even talks about grades in school, colleges see that alot, D1 schools are picking juco kids now to save time and money, have to work your way up choose a good juco and impress D1 scouts.
I don’t know, Grayson is better than almost half the 6A basketball players here in DFW metroplex. He could start at alot of schools here. I hope he stays 6man because I know he will go D1 from it but if he does decide to leave I’d move the family to Dallas and get Grayson to 6A ball quick (Junior year perfect time to get to 6A)., he’d start on a lot of 6A football teams as well including Duncanville imo. All he needs from what I’ve seen is to build just a tad more speed (do more hamstring exercises) and it’s a wrap..

Please stop-he would not touch the floor for Duncanville.

Nor the field.

Stop

Kid is a great 6 man player. Look forward to see where he lands next.
He would!! He plays the same type of players during AAU ball and he dominates them during the summers…. He’d touch the field as well here at Dville too. Coach Samp would love to have him.

I may be wrong, but I think Chaka plays for an EYBL team. Those jokers are the real deal. Not only does he play, but he produces. I hope he's very successful and brings positive light to 1A sports. We bicker so much at each other when even 2A barley thinks we are a legit class. Regardless of what everyone may or may think of his father, remember, he's still a teenage boy.

You might want to direct the college camp trips question to the Milford and McLean coaches. So many sixman players can play at the small college football if they desire, I don't think a high school coach needs to show them the way.
Hey Guys. Thought I would chime in since I coached Ben at McLean. Ben went to camps every summer and obviously killed it at every camp he attended. Some kids have no desire to play at the next level and Ben is one of those. I believe he was more interested in ranching and riding bucking horses (something else he is a stud at) after high school than playing college football and BTW he was offered by WT to play boundary LB for them. And was visited by a few other colleges/universities. He had no desire to and that is OK!! Remember the percent of HS players that go on and play college at any level is less than 10 percent. That is less that 100,000 kids per year across the whole US and every classification! Playing college ball is not the end all be all for many kids...even the great ones like Mr. Crockett..... kids have alot of different interests, even the ones with the abilities to play college football. Yall have a great day!

Westbrook will win state again this coming year easy, well said Coach Linman you as an athlete have to plan in your future that if sports does not work you have a plan to do something you love aswell, grades in school, attitude, and treating people with respect will help your future out more than having trophies in your closet. This site always talks about there athletic abilities but no ones talks about there grades and attitude at school which will affect them in college, the majority of kids going to college cant handle the fact that they are owned by the university and can't handle the pressure and school work, your mental ability in college is what your challenged with.

I say Gordon will be winning State. Likely against WB & likely in a dog-fight.

Historically, Gordon has had the last say in 2 hard-fought State Championship games, & it's just been too long since.

Go Horns!!

Nobody will be shocked if either Westbrook or Gordon wins this year. Gordon is faster without a question and probably has more depth that can contribute. Westbrook on the other hand will block and tackle better. Both will be coached extremely well. In my opinion it will be 3 in a row for Westbrook then Gordon will go back to back.

Two programs with amazing kids, coaches, and fans.

Haha dude y’all crack me. First it’s Richland springs, then it’s the Rigdon kid, now because WB wins two state titles y’all go after them. Haha where is Mike to shut this crap down.

I like how grown men get enjoyment out bashing teenage kids.
It’s usually just a bunch of old worn out ”has-been wannabe’s” bashing each other!
First off... I NEVER said anything bad or BASHED the kid... I guess I dont have the right to be skeptical since Windthorstfan messaged me. I didnt message him. Hes changed his story up so why can I not be skeptical? IMO, He should stay quiet.
RS's coach was suspended 3 years but prior to that when he coached at stanton for what (4 games) and transferred his kid to SC his kid was considered ineligible for athletic purposes. Had to play JV for the rest of the year and then half of the next season when they went back to RS.. How is this any different? Other than football hasnt started yet?
The Rigdon kid? I don't understand what you're implying wildcat, please explain.
Johnny... yes I'm definitely a has-been. So what lol. And I bashed who? I asked questions that were answered inconsistently by Windthorstfan so you have no idea what you're talking about.
I could post more of Windthorstfans messages but they get deleted by Mike. I wonder why he just didnt post on the forums instead of messaging me personally so I posted a screenshot of his inconsistent reasoning the Coach left to go to Westbrook. Yall are soft...

When Abbott defeated Gordon in the semis last year they did it without their undisputed best player, sophomore RB Riley Sustala. Perhaps Gordon had some significant injuries that I’m unaware of, but it’s hard for me to pick the longhorns in a rematch. I’m also surprised that everyone seems to think Westbrook won’t miss a beat after Ware graduated.

WB depth is always at question by some. . WB is packing j35 football players. 4 and 8 will be missed. There is no doubt about that. Speed will not be a problem. Strength will not be a problem. They will have experience. Heavy numbers in the senior and junior classes.

Everyone thought WB didn’t stand a chance against Abbott last year. WB strength of schedule sets them up for any challenge.

Should be a fun year.

Back