The Difference Between the Two

R u ready way to insult my name that I came up with while eating at blue sky. You really hurt my feelings there! Caprock I believe you have finally lived long enough to see yourself become the villain bud! I wouldn't waste your time arguing with that duplicitous taint rainjack. The guy prides himself for being on this website for longer than 10 years. The guy has for 10 years or however long has had no life obviously besides this site. The guy is also a coward who uses a fake username to bash a superintendent on this website, because Heaven knows he wouldn't say it to the mans face!

Caprock kid":7jai7p9t said:
You do realize you have more post than me in the past seven days right? And even though I have posted 21 times now you STILL keep coming back if not reading the post don't act like you don't just because you resist from typing doesn't mean you don't look to see what has been said and I called my self the "bright light" because even though I have posted the most much like a light stays on all the time you people can't help but TRY and take me down. Public back-patting? RainGang stop yanking your own chain and making yourself feel better as if you are the best trash talker and as if I or anyone else that has to listen to your crap cares.

It's not the number of posts you have that is so telling. It is the number of posts you have made about yourself in one thread that says more than all your misspelled words could ever convey.

I don't know which is more impossible for you: conveying a coherent thought, or comprehending rational thought.

You remind me of the little 165 pound kid armed with a Muscle and Fitness paying his gym membership and thinking he knows all there is to know about weight training. I'll tell you just like I've told many a girly-boy doing barbell curls in my squat rack: you can be a d-bag all you want - just don't do it around me.

Do I check threads? You bet. But don't flatter yourself emo-boy. I've been checking threads here on Granger's site for the better part of 15 years. And that is not likely to change whether you are here or not.

The bulk of my posts over the last few days have been comments in rational, logical conversations. Yeah, I know - what does rational and logical mean, right? Ask honey boo boo, being that she's such a pop-culture icon and all.

Mr.Blue Sky":259tc1jt said:
R u ready way to insult my name that I came up with while eating at blue sky. You really hurt my feelings there! Caprock I believe you have finally lived long enough to see yourself become the villain bud! I wouldn't waste your time arguing with that duplicitous taint rainjack. The guy prides himself for being on this website for longer than 10 years. The guy has for 10 years or however long has had no life obviously besides this site. The guy is also a coward who uses a fake username to bash a superintendent on this website, because Heaven knows he wouldn't say it to the mans face!

LOL @ no life. I'm active on here during football season. Call me crazy, but this site is called sixmanfootball dot com. It is the best source for anything related to sixman football. I am a huge fan of sixman football, and quite enjoy the interactions with other people who share the same passion for real football. I also like to give RS a good razzing at the expense of their fan base.

But define no life. I've asked before, yet all I get is 3rd grade jibberish. Coming from Paducah, that may seem like a compliment to you, but in the real world where grownups make real decisions about real issues, and spend real money - the whole "has no life" attack is really rather lame. In fact it borders on ghey.

And rjack, what is the max on social security if you are self employed? Stops at around 110 if employee, doesn't it? Wondered about where it stops on self employed.

6mansam":293h6dg2 said:
Y'all need to quit talk in' about the sup. May be gettin' too close to home.

My daughter was home from college this weekend and I asked her if she remembered a game where someone came over and told them that there would be no sound system allowed during the game. She replied, it was that douchebag coward from paducah who thought he could boss us around like he owned us.

SO there's that.

rainjacktx":nn30qi0n said:
Caprock kid":nn30qi0n said:
You do realize you have more post than me in the past seven days right? And even though I have posted 21 times now you STILL keep coming back if not reading the post don't act like you don't just because you resist from typing doesn't mean you don't look to see what has been said and I called my self the "bright light" because even though I have posted the most much like a light stays on all the time you people can't help but TRY and take me down. Public back-patting? RainGang stop yanking your own chain and making yourself feel better as if you are the best trash talker and as if I or anyone else that has to listen to your crap cares.

It's not the number of posts you have that is so telling. It is the number of posts you have made about yourself in one thread that says more than all your misspelled words could ever convey.

I don't know which is more impossible for you: conveying a coherent thought, or comprehending rational thought.

You remind me of the little 165 pound kid armed with a Muscle and Fitness paying his gym membership and thinking he knows all there is to know about weight training. I'll tell you just like I've told many a girly-boy doing barbell curls in my squat rack: you can be a d-bag all you want - just don't do it around me.

Do I check threads? You bet. But don't flatter yourself emo-boy. I've been checking threads here on Granger's site for the better part of 15 years. And that is not likely to change whether you are here or not.

The bulk of my posts over the last few days have been comments in rational, logical conversations. Yeah, I know - what does rational and logical mean, right? Ask honey boo boo, being that she's such a pop-culture icon and all.

You know what's even more conveying how many post have been posted about me. You are very clever with your interpretations of how one represents them self's "but don't flatter your self" fat man stick to your insults over a computer I'm sure your much better at typing than squatting and from the 165 pound emo kid go be a d-bag all you want but don't direct it towards me.

6mansam":1gy2tz9z said:
And rjack, what is the max on social security if you are self employed? Stops at around 110 if employee, doesn't it? Wondered about where it stops on self employed.

The max is the same for self-employed as it is for employees - somewhere in the 110 - 113K range. Downside to being self-employed is that the SE guy has to pay all of the SS/medicare taxes himself. The employee only pays half.

For instance - say a sole proprietor nets $100K in income. He will have to pay $15,300 in soc sec + medicare taxes.

Say an employee makes the same $100K in gross wages. He will pay only half the above amount, or $7650.

Caprock kid":s9cgu13t said:
You know what's even more conveying how many post have been posted about me. You are very clever with your interpretations of how one represents them self's "but don't flatter your self" fat man stick to your insults over a computer I'm sure your much better at typing than squatting and from the 165 pound emo kid go be a d-bag all you want but don't direct it towards me.

I have no clue what all those words mean in the order they are strung. Perhaps we should entertain the notion of training together sometime.

rainjacktx":2g0djzjh said:
6mansam":2g0djzjh said:

My daughter was home from college this weekend and I asked her if she remembered a game where someone came over and told them that there would be no sound system allowed during the game. She replied, it was that douchebag coward from paducah who thought he could boss us around like he owned us.

SO there's that.

Sounds like to me you need to be a better parent. One parent does not condone dis-respect to another adult but then again what would you know about that you sit at home and play on your computer respect is something that should be shown its sad when the kids mirror their parents. And maybe the no life thing might be getting old but you bashing is getting old to grow up and handle your own business. And what do you mean by real football all we have been talking about is are own personal problems nothing about this has been about football. Rainjax69 get a life and get over something that happened 2 years ago.

Thanks. Have been trying to get a young man to consider going on his own as an electrician. The upside is pretty good, but boss has convinced him he will never get ahead because of SE. Thought it topped out the same, except for the contribution aspect...and if the potential pot is bigger, negates the contribution aspect...now that this brief commercial interlude has taken place, I will I hijack this thread...sorry

rainjacktx":12dzu7ti said:
Caprock kid":12dzu7ti said:

I have no clue what all those words mean in the order they are strung. Perhaps we should entertain the notion of training together sometime.

Even a small minded fool knows what I was getting at. I believe you really just don't have anything to say to that. And if you want to train together just let me know. (NO H-O-*-*)

rainjacktx":1lmrl3g3 said:
6mansam":1lmrl3g3 said:

SO there's that.
Actually,
that same guy owes me money.
So...
there's also that.

6mansam":ik9c6ajo said:
Thanks. Have been trying to get a young man to consider going on his own as an electrician. The upside is pretty good, but boss has convinced him he will never get ahead because of SE. Thought it topped out the same, except for the contribution aspect...and if the potential pot is bigger, negates the contribution aspect...now that this brief commercial interlude has taken place, I will I hijack this thread...sorry

If a young person has the opportunity to start their own business, they should pursue it with everything they have. I can't work for people. Starting my own business 16 years ago was the best thing I ever did. I haven't been an employee since.

The only tax disincentive is the extra 7.65% in SE tax. It takes a little bit of self discipline to put that money away. In fact the biggest reason small businesses fail is because when they get paid by the customer, they see that as all profit. I tell my clients that if they make $100, 30% should be rat holed and forgotten about.

6mansam, the argument that an employee wanting to start his own business will never get ahead due to the extra 7.5% of his income he will have to pay for SS and med is illogical. Assuming a two person business, sInce an employer must pay the same 7.5% on behalf of his employee, it only makes sense that the employer would reduce the employee's pay accordingly to account for the 7.5% he has to pay so that he still can turn his expected profit, or that the employer would charge customers more to cover the same 7.5%. Either way, the employer should be finding a way to account for the 7.5% expense other than reducing the amount of profit he would receive. So in comparing whether it is better to be an employee or an employer, it's not like the employee is getting a free 7.5% bonus for being an employee.

Sure there are points in time in a business when financially it may be better to be an employee, like when a company is taking on more risk when it is expanding in the hopes of serving more customers or there are big capital expenditures that to get out in front of growth projections. However, if it ever got to the point where business was not strong enough for the employer to be in a better position than his employee, the employer would most likely let the employee go and become a one-person business.

If your friend wants to figure out whether or not to go on his own, he needs to project what he could generate in revenue, deduct all expected expenses, then take off 15% for SS/med and whatever applicable percentage for his tax bracket. He would also have to consider whatever benefits he may be receiving from his employer. Compare all this to what he is now making and getting and he will know what is a better route.

That is just the financial analysis. There is also the less quantifiable part of the equation that is based more upon personality and feelings. Your friend should also consider whether he is willing to take on the added risk/responsibility of being a business owner as there comes a point for most people when the amount of extra money he may make is not worth the added responsibility and risk. In my experience, the willingness to take on this responsibility and risk usually increases as the negative feelings that usually cause an employee to consider being an employer grow, e.g., tired of being subordinate to someone else/being told what to do, not appreciated, think you can do the job better than the one who is telling you what to do, wanting to do things differently, etc.

One thing to remember when starting your own business, get some good help with your accounting. Don't try to do everything yourself.
A good CPA or tax professional doesn't cost you, it makes your business.
I was self employed for over 40 years and I had to learn the hard way but at least I learned early.

smokeyjoe53":3hswbnms said:
One thing to remember when starting your own business, get some good help with your accounting. Don't try to do everything yourself.
A good CPA or tax professional doesn't cost you, it makes your business.
I was self employed for over 40 years and I had to learn the hard way but at least I learned early.

Did you ever have to consider firing yourself?

Back