Thanksgiving Truths in D1

After watching them play tonight, I’ll say it… Overrated is the correct term. No disrespect to Gordon, a very young team who gave them a fight, but there are multiple teams out west who would wipe the floor with Abbott. In the East….May, IC, Jonesboro I feel could all handle them easily. Not impressed at all. IC/Jonesboro will determine who represents the East
I've been saying it for weeks and weeks now but does anyone listen......Noooooo. Tonight was a wake up call for everyone in Abbott.
Even the announcers on the Sixmania broadcast were apologizing to Gordon fans cause they thought it was gonna be an easy mercy rule victory and over in the 3rd quarter.
Can't wait to see what Gordon brings to the table next year. Heck of a game

So ya, that's ridiculous now a days with so many small schools but I do see your point. Would be hard to have bigger districts and more district games than regular season games but it could be done. Will it ever happen, No
So ya, that's ridiculous now a days with so many small schools but I do see your point. Would be hard to have bigger districts and more district games than regular season games but it could be done. Will it ever happen, No.
Just a thought, but how cool would that be to have only one champ

Again, I've said it all year long Abbott very UNTESTED. And tonight tested by a very young team who wasnt tested either! And yet took them all 4 qtrs. Great Job by Gordon. Could have taken this game. If not had some mishaps! Very interesting to see Jonesboro destroy them!
So what you’re saying is Abbott had a weak district and the easiest side of playoff bracket and now it’s gonna catch up to them next week? If that’s what you’re saying I agree.

So I’m guessing Happy is not going to be on WB sidelines tomorrow? I don’t think they want that rematch.
Wish I could be at that game, I feel like the Wildcats gonna get the W tomorrow but to answer your question, bring em on! Happy isn’t the same team that Westbrook took on in Jayton! To be the best you gotta beat the best and our boys know it they’re up to the challenge if that’s the way the cookie crumbles then bring em on!

Wish I could be at that game, I feel like the Wildcats gonna get the W tomorrow but to answer your question, bring em on! Happy isn’t the same team that Westbrook took on in Jayton! To be the best you gotta beat the best and our boys know it they’re up to the challenge if that’s the way the cookie crumbles then bring em on!
That’s the attitude every team and fan should have. Congrats on this weeks win. Good luck next week.

Definitely and big kudos to yall for the win tonight. The suspense of who yall get to play next week must be killing you. All I can say is one game at a time. And I can't wait until tomorrow.

The Best Defense in Sixman Football this year is the Abbott Panthers. Don’t believe just watch.
52,27,101,138,105,49,86,62,71,126,60,38 and 13. Those are the number ranking of the teams y’all played. You played ONE team that’s ranked in top 15 they scored 24 with a very young team. Y’all squeaked out a win. Relax enjoy and be thankful there wasn’t more time on clock tonight.

I’m sitting here reading these comments and it kinda makes me chuckle, I mean no disrespect to anyone playing but can you really call yourself a champ when there’s two divisions instead having one like we use to, I remember back then you had to go through everyone to be called a champ nowadays it seems like they made it easy for schools to get championships, how I wish they would have it like they use to from way back when, then and only then if you won state you could say I beat them instead of saying this team had an easy schedule or whatever the case may be, anyway good luck to all the teams out there play strong and stay safe.
Way more teams than when we played as well. You have to take that into consideration

Back