Thanksgiving Truths in D1

I'm not defending Abbott, as much as I'm stating that using the word "overrated" as a description of a team that has cleaned the slate this year is a very poor choice of words.
No it's not. Give Abbott's schedule to Rankin or Westbrook or Happy or half a dozen other teams and all those teams clean the slate as well. What I'm saying is their strength of schedule plus how high they have been ranked all year, makes them.....oh heck what's the word, yes "Overrated."

No it's not. Give Abbott's schedule to Rankin or Westbrook or Happy or half a dozen other teams and all those teams clean the slate as well. What I'm saying is their strength of schedule plus how high they have been ranked all year, makes them.....oh heck what's the word, yes "Overrated."

Yeah, sorry but Strength of schedule means absolutely nothing when these Rankings are complete trash. Some schedules look better than what they actually are for that reason alone.

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry but Strength of schedule means absolutely nothing when these Rankings are complete trash. Some schedules look better than what they actually are for that reason alone.
Definitely would like you to elaborate on this. How does a teams schedule look better than what it actually is because of rankings?

They are ranked #6 right now.. I don’t think that is an unfair ranking.. I also don’t know how you could think that would make them overrated either seeing how they would be underdogs to 4 of the other 7 teams still playing

Back