TAPPS playoff predictions

Old76er

Six-man fan
Been pretty quiet with the private school posts this year. Who you got making it out of each division. Any surprises thus far?

Division 1
Austin hill country seems to be playing really good football this year. Having a big win over Fredericksburg shows they are a team to beat.
Logos prep is a team that has surprised me so far this year. Big numbers this year on the sidelines and lots of depth. Gave a strong Conroe team all they could handle in overtime but came up short.
Emery seems to be a little down this year but always have a great program. Never count them out.
Hate to see the division so small for D1. Only 11 teams. Maybe TAPPS will go back to 2 divisions one day. Make for much more exciting playoffs.

Division 2
There’s a lot of competition in this division! Defending state champs from d3 last year, Covenant Classical looks to have picked up where they left off from last year. Only hiccup to a powerhouse UIL in Abbott.
Abilene Christian may be a bit of a surprise this year. Good mix of run and pass with speed and power. Took care of a D3 favorite Kingdon Prep last week.
Lucas Christian and Corem deo looking very strong as well.
Pasadena looks to be the top dog in the south. Easily handling both Veritas and Emery this year. Lots of size and physicality.
Conroe also looks good. There matchup with Pasadena will show if they are a true threat. Can they handle the constant pounding that Pasadena puts on you.

Division 3
Kingdom prep as I stated before lost to Abilene in a good physical game. Had a good squad last year and there game with wichita will decide who takes that district.
Prestonwood and Azle to me are the dark horses. Both seem to be more pass oriented.
Rockwall undefeated but have they played any tough opponents?
Fredericksburg’s had a fairly tough schedule and seem to be rolling as usual. There game with Bracken will see where they stand.
Bracken is hard to get a read on by the schedule. Played San Marcos academy tough, as well as Leakey. Then get beat by Medina pretty easily.
Baytown handled st joseph pretty easily last week and seem to be moving along. Lots of speed and physicality.

Let’s get the TAPPS board talking fellas!

D1 is small because it’s the biggest schools. I think Austin Hill country is the team to beat.
D2 is really interesting lots of good teams.
D3 is really interesting as well, Freddy is definitely the team to look out for.

D1 is small because it’s the biggest schools. I think Austin Hill country is the team to beat.
D2 is really interesting lots of good teams.
D3 is really interesting as well, Freddy is definitely the team to look out for.
FBCA in D2 looks really good this year. Believe they returned every starter from last seasons team so they are well bought into the program and don’t have that transition period the teams that have new kids in the program have.

Freddy is always tough but Baytown looks to be a hungry dog on the hunt again.
They will have to go against Bracken and Bracken seems to have had Baytown and Freddy’s number the past two years. Wouldn’t put too much money on Baytown…. Bracken is still the big dog in the division until proven otherwise by Baytown or Freddy.

Bracken Fredericksburg and baytown look to all be totally different teams. Bracken looks lower on numbers and struggled early on with weaker teams. Baytown looks to be putting up a lot of points and put away st joseph pretty easy. Fredericksburg has played a solid schedule but are low on numbers as well. That Bracken game will tell all. Thinking Bracken loses that one by 3-4 Scores.

Bracken Fredericksburg and baytown look to all be totally different teams. Bracken looks lower on numbers and struggled early on with weaker teams.
Heard Bracken had their hands full with hi island in the 1st quarter. Anyone have any info on that? Was Bracken missing players? Hi Island is pretty down this year…

Bracken Fredericksburg and baytown look to all be totally different teams. Bracken looks lower on numbers and struggled early on with weaker teams. Baytown looks to be putting up a lot of points and put away st joseph pretty easy. Fredericksburg has played a solid schedule but are low on numbers as well. That Bracken game will tell all. Thinking Bracken loses that one by 3-4 Scores.
Bracken and Freddy will for sure be the game to watch. With Freddy losing last year in the semifinals to Bracken I’m sure they are ready for payback!

Hard to tell without being there but losing a key player is def a game changer. Looking at the schedule it looks like 2 teams headed in different directions. Baytown 5-0, St joes 1-4. I think st joes has won that district the last 2-3 years and now they are going to be lucky to sneak in the playoffs. Think they still have to play Alvin and divine savior who are both surprising a lot of teams this year. Not sure how many teams come out of that district and make the playoffs. I know it’s early but does anyone know when brackets are being released?

Hard to tell without being there but losing a key player is def a game changer. Looking at the schedule it looks like 2 teams headed in different directions. Baytown 5-0, St joes 1-4. I think st joes has won that district the last 2-3 years and now they are going to be lucky to sneak in the playoffs. Think they still have to play Alvin and divine savior who are both surprising a lot of teams this year. Not sure how many teams come out of that district and make the playoffs. I know it’s early but does anyone know when brackets are being released?
St Joe doesn’t seem to have the same team as the last few years. They just lost to BrazosPort and from what I hear aren’t the same team that made a run in playoffs last year. So even if they did make it and gave it their best a team like Bracken or Freddy could easily put 60+ up on them.

I do feel as if Pasadena is probably the best team in all 3 divisions. They dismantled sugarland who just took Conroe to overtime. They should walk over Conroe and they will be mowing down anyone in that southern part of the bracket and feel they beat defending division 3 state champs (FW classical) or corem deo easily. Pasadena wins state in division 2. You heard it here

I do feel as if Pasadena is probably the best team in all 3 divisions. They dismantled sugarland who just took Conroe to overtime. They should walk over Conroe and they will be mowing down anyone in that southern part of the bracket and feel they beat defending division 3 state champs (FW classical) or corem deo easily. Pasadena wins state in division 2. You heard it here
Need more info on these private school teams. I really dont know much about them this season. What are the North teams looking like? I am still waiting to hear about how Dallas Lakehill and Dallas Lutheran looks. I see that Coram Deo 45d Calvert and Dallas lakehill very easily,. Dallas Lutheran Played Strawn and Chaple close. We will know by Week 8 who the top contenders are in Private schools, still too early. My lakehill pick looks wrong so I will go with Dallas Lutheran to win the title. Hopefully Coach Davis responds to my messages. I really would like to know How Dallas Lutheran looks. Pasadena is top dog looks that way right now and Lucas Christian is unbeaten as well.. Private schools divisions looking tough!

St joes has a lot of work to do before they get mentioned in a conversation with Fredericksburg, baytown, or Bracken. If you are 1-4 you’ve had more problems than just one game.
Never said that they were in the same league as Bracken or Freddy. Just said that I would not take much away from a game that one of the teams was not at full strength. To your point about St Joes being 1-4 they are having some problems staying healthy and their only luck seems to be bad luck, but that is how it goes.

Never said that they were in the same league as Bracken or Freddy. Just said that I would not take much away from a game that one of the teams was not at full strength. To your point about St Joes being 1-4 they are having some problems staying healthy and their only luck seems to be bad luck, but that is how it goes.
St Joe just doesn’t have the physicality of the past. Usually they are a physical team who can take contact and play through it but as you said that’s not the case this year

Do you have a view on Baytown or just that you can’t take much away from the St Joe game?

Back