TAPPS D1, D2, D3 Predictions

Those averages are good info but they dont take into account:

- who you were playing? We played Union Hill for instance, skewed points allowed
- most our games were over by half time
- Coach subbing players for experience extending game allowed scoring against us

Just thinking the only real stat that makes since is if you could break it down by quarter. First quarter stats would be best measure. That would insure it was first team against first team.

Thanks for doing the stat work though...good discussion.

Lionsbacker":1z361w73 said:

- who you were playing? We played Union Hill for instance, skewed points allowed
- Coach subbing players for experience extending game allowed scoring against us

Just thinking the only real stat that makes since is if you could break it down by quarter. First quarter stats would be best measure. That would insure it was first team against first team.

well I aint got all that time! lol You are very correct. There are several factors that play into the ppg on both sides of the ball. Like I said just something to chew on. Very excited to see how these playoffs shake out. I think D1 and D3 should be fun to watch! D2 I think belongs to Bracken until someone else proves otherwise. Coach Stredic has that team rolling!

DirtyBayBulldog":1bq8hgky said:
I respect you WaeEagle. Like you said earlier, friendly banter.

Oh right back at you man, its all in good fun.

Going South to scout the oppinents tonight with a bye weekend.

Good luck and safe travels to all tonight wherever you are headed.

-War Eagle

test_em":2lvjxn1a said:
Who are you going to see war eagle?

Went down to San Marcos and watched our next two opponents play a very entertaining game with Living throwing a long TD with ten seconds left to win it.

-War Eagle

WarEagle":2e9j2k2z said:
test_em":2e9j2k2z said:

Went down to San Marcos and watched our next two opponents play a very entertaining game with Living throwing a long TD with ten seconds left to win it.

-War Eagle

Neither team matches up with Cedar Park. Too many receivers to cover and not enough speed to get to the QB.
It will interesting to see where they line up in the bracket.

Lionsbacker":29i08tdq said:

Looking at who Lutheran played this week. Did you guys have players hurt? That’s a lot of points to be giving up against a 4-4 district opponent in San Jacinto Christian who got crushed by Gainesville.

Yes the 4-4 San Jacinto team who had 3 starters out against Gainesville and another one got knocked out during the game. They finally had everyone back since the game against Rockwall Heritage last week.

Injuries can play a deciding factor in games, but district games help you get into the playoffs. Once there in the playoffs, then that next game is all that matters, not rankings or how they finished in the regular season.

Congrats to Coach Schup from Dallas Lutheran on a hard fought victory last night. His players and coaches are great people and there is a reason why they are the defending state champs and are in a good spot to challenge for another

Old76er":36m7hw17 said:
WarEagle":36m7hw17 said:
test_em":36m7hw17 said:

-War Eagle

Neither team matches up with Cedar Park. Too many receivers to cover and not enough speed to get to the QB.
It will interesting to see where they line up in the bracket.

How did Spring Branch look? Watching their game against BCA last year I figured they would be an improved team this year.

San Jac":29mut6ob said:
Yes the 4-4 San Jacinto team who had 3 starters out against Gainesville and another one got knocked out during the game. They finally had everyone back since the game against Rockwall Heritage last week.

Injuries can play a deciding factor in games, but district games help you get into the playoffs. Once there in the playoffs, then that next game is all that matters, not rankings or how they finished in the regular season.

Congrats to Coach Schup from Dallas Lutheran on a hard fought victory last night. His players and coaches are great people and there is a reason why they are the defending state champs and are in a good spot to challenge for another

Thanks for the update san jac! D1 better take note

D1 seems wide open with at least 3 to 4 teams able to take the title. D2 seems it’s between 2 teams Bracken and NB. D3 is a lot like D1 with at least 3 schools could take the title. Gonna be an exciting to watch.

Cougar1414":25yt0lsr said:
D1 seems wide open with at least 3 to 4 teams able to take the title. D2 seems it’s between 2 teams Bracken and NB. D3 is a lot like D1 with at least 3 schools could take the title. Gonna be an exciting to watch.

I agree, regarding D1 I think you have to give the current edge to Dallas Lutheran and Austin Veritas based upon their recent success, but Gainesville, Giddings, Emery Weiner and Waco Vanguard could all put some pressure on the two top teams.

Yes Lutheran had some players out, but hats off to Amarillo. They are going to surprise a lot of people, they were all healthy and played great. Number 22 being back makes a huge difference. Also want to say they were very hospitable and good sportsman. That help when you make those long trips. Feel sorry for them for having to come to Dallas the next 2 weeks. that's a beating in itself. I enjoy respectful rivalries.

Lions will be at full strength by payoffs for the stretch run. I dont know anything about Giddings or Emory, always respect Veritas. We would love to play Gainesville again, felt like we let them back in the game when had them down by 30+.

I went to go see the Jaguars play against Giddings and Logos. They were dominating the Giddings game until they got riddled with a little bit of injuries. The Logos game they looked pretty strong. Emery is a solid program and can make some waves this postseason.

Back