TAPPS D1, D2, D3 Predictions

D2/D3
From the weekly scores it looks like Weatherford Christian is the real deal. I saw them two years ago in a first-round playoff against Wichita Falls Notre Dame. Weatherford was young and scrappy and Notre Dame was lucky to get out of there with a win. If this current generation is the development of those up and comers, I believe they will be a force to be reckoned with come this year's postseason.

Here is my homer perspective. My Knights had a rough year in 2017 - too many seniors gone from the previous two-time state finalist teams and too many injuries to overcome in last year's campaign. They even started this year without several starters due to last year's injuries and a few over the summer pre-season. Last week ND had everyone back for the first time in a blowout win over Benjamin. They take on Tyler Street on Friday in what I hope will be another good game to get their team chemistry developed further.

I think there are a lot of good athletes on this year's ND team. If they catch a few breaks and can keep this group healthy through the second half of the year, I feel like they can surprise some people who have so far overlooked them.

Old76er":bxkrejxi said:
Think this could be a huge upset for Fredy. Will get the thread started next week on this one. I may have to make a trip to have a front row seat.

I hope you can make it out as I think it will be a great game as I know everyone at Summit has a lot of respect for Fredy.

If you decide to make it PM and we can connect before,

-War Eagle

WarEagle":3fmupf1b said:
No game this week for Summit. All eyes on Freddy(which I think will be a huge test for Summit).
So did you pick up a game on your scheduled bye week or are you taking 2 bye weeks?

WarEagle":w46ysszx said:
Old76er":w46ysszx said:
Think this could be a huge upset for Fredy. Will get the thread started next week on this one. I may have to make a trip to have a front row seat.

I hope you can make it out as I think it will be a great game as I know everyone at Summit has a lot of respect for Fredy.

If you decide to make it PM and we can connect before,

-War Eagle

For sure. I will let you know if I can make it

Lionsbacker":2bww77ol said:
Well

- D1 I am a homer, but if you look at the facts you have 3 returning all state players and the leading rusher in TAPPS. I think Giddings and Gainsville are wild cards and I have huge respect for Veritas and Amarillo.
-D2 , I was really impressed with New Braunfels defense, held DLS to 54 points before we started subbing and they beat Veritas
-D3 need more data

There are so many variables, weather, turf, injuries, eligibility......I think we need a few more weeks to see where it shakes out.

I know you are a homer but after Friday nights game against gainesville, how do you see this shaking out? Is gainesville the real deal or was Lutheran missing key players? If these two teams meet again down the road, it’s really hard to beat a team two times in one season. That would be a rematch worth seeing.

I know at one point Lutheran was up by 36 points in this game in the 2nd quarter when they had some key guys go out.

I’ve coached against both teams this year, and I will tell you Lutheran is the better team, not taking anything away from Gainesville. They have a good team, and a lot of speed, but Lutheran has more than they do. They meet in the playoffs I see Lutheran’s experience being the determining factor.

This response is from a parent and not official from any DLS capacity

Sorry for slow response to your question.

First, we did have some key players out, however Gainesville is good. I think they will win out. However, they are the dirtiest team we have played in years. Lots of cheap shots, late hits and encouragement from their coach and/or guards to try and "hurt" our players. Really sad these boys are coached or encouraged that way. Refs had to eject one player and should have ejected 2 others. Without the injuries I think the game would have been over by half time or early 3rd Q. Can we meet again, I hope so! Depends on which bracket. I think Veritas can beat them, not sure about Emory or Giddings. One point to make, they really shouldnt be playing TAPPS. Their enrollment #'s may fit but its an all boys school. So it skews the numbers. They are pulling from 150-270 boys. Doesnt really fit for TAPPS.

A couple of tips if you are going to play them, dont kick deep and hold on to the ball. They stand you up on tackles and 2 guys try and strip the ball.

Shame on that coach/guards who teach them how to play like that. They would get a lot of respect and support from opponents if they didnt play that way. Doesnt work well in life either, I might add. Yes I am calling him/them out and I will drive to Gainseville to say it in person if need be. I am writing a letter to TAPPS and to their Board. Shameful!!!!

Best team won and will win again if we play in playoffs!

Again ... a parents opinion

This is going to be a fun ride over the next 7 weeks with a lot of great football still to be played. I pray that all players stay healthy and wish everyone the best. That said here is who I see winning it.

1. Dallas Lutheran
2. Bulverde Bracken Christian
3. Cedar Park Summit

All three have one thing in common and that is they can play defense.

-War Eagle

WarEagle":3qrjtqpy said:
This is going to be a fun ride over the next 7 weeks with a lot of great football still to be played. I pray that all players stay healthy and wish everyone the best. That said here is who I see winning it.

1. Dallas Lutheran
3. Cedar Park Summit

-War Eagle
War Eagle I am hearing that a team up North Weatherford is playing some good football you might want to keep them on your radar. They are talented team. It would be terrible for Cedar Park after beating beating Baytown in the south bracket to lose to a team in the North. I know I know you respect all your opponents

WarEagle":3h0fqv0m said:

1. Dallas Lutheran
3. Cedar Park Summit

-War Eagle

Here are some of the points per game defensive averages for each division. No hit on any of the teams mentioned but of the 3 bracken look to be the only one who have separated from the pack. Lutheran way down the list, bracken leading d2, and CP running 3rd in d3 behind Baytown with the lowest in all 3 divisions.

Division 1 defensive average ppg
Emery Weiner 20
Sugarland 20
Venguard 30
Gainesville 35
Veritas 27
Dallas Lutheran 37

Division 2 def avg ppg
Bracken 16
New Braunfels 18
St joseph 23

Division 3 def avg ppg
Baytown Christian 9
Longview trinity 14
Cedar park 15
Fredericksburg 16

May check averages on offense as well

Here ya go. Lutheran looks like more of an offensive team. Bracken solid all the way around, leading both offense and defense. Both state schools all offense in d2. Cedar park in d3 among top top 5 both offense and defense. Baytown in d3 leading defensive ppg and runnng 2nd in offensive. Just some info to chew on fellas.

Division 1 off average ppg
Lutheran 59
Giddings 54
Gainesville 54
Emery 52
Sugarland 49

Division 2 off average ppg
Bracken 62
Bryan Allen 48
New braunfels 47
Abilene 47
NCTA 45

Division 3 off average ppg
Weatherford 63
Baytown 56
Irving faustina 55
Cedar park 54
Longview 50

WarEagle":3fqpcrkk said:
Fact is gentlemen you all can do all your calculations, but I still like this team from CP to represent.

-War Eagle

War eagle you are way to defensive. All i was doing is simply showing offensive and defensive points per game.
If you want to break out the microscope on both sides of the ball with all those stats then have at it. If not then take them for what they are....STATS or “calculations”

Back