Strawn vs Richland springs the game we all wanted

As far as my observations, knowing and watching Chaca and Tyler as Freshmen, Chaca is already better than Tyler was at this point of their Freshman year. Why they put him in Sixman for this year is a mystery to me. He is already bigger than Tyler was and will more than likely grow a lot in the next three years. If he were in a good 5-A or 6-A program and making the A&M and UT camps, man, he would be able to take his pick anywhere in the country after graduation, and rake in some really big bucks! (because I saw a really good Sixman player rejected from Slocum’s A&M program years ago for not playing 11 man, and not attending their camps) He has a future for sure if his cards are played right.

Interesting post. Before I ask this, I want to throw out the caveat that I have never seen the younger Rigdon, I believe you called him Chacha, so please forgive my ignorance.

TE was never going to start at QB for UT or A&M. I honestly think he had a better chance at SS in 11-man. Tyler's quickness, explosiveness, agility, good decision making, and strong arm made him a great sixman player. You make Rigdon's son sound more like a "pro style" 11-man QB, and if so I agree he should go to camps and 11- man schools. Not trying to take anything away from TE or Rigdon, but TE was more of a Johnny Manziel type player than a Peyton Manning. Frankly, I would take Johnny Manziel over Peyton Manning in Sixman while taking Manning in 11-man.

The Rigdons couldn't handle 11 man. That's pretty low. Is that why they went to RS in the first place? Or because the parents wanted to go to a place where there sons could compete, excel, be part of a winning tradition. But they were rejected because coach burk couldn't handle 11 man and came crawling back with his tail between his legs. Yes Coach, I'll shut up for now. Sorry I let them get to me. Sometimes I get pissed off and stick my foot in
Strawn 45 at the half.
Drink much ?

Please elaborate. I get you mean the back story is Rigdon at RS. What about the bad blood though I was unaware of this. Great programs with lots of respect from one another because it’s always a battle. What did I miss?
I mean other than the Rigdon situation. These teams see each other every year about this time. Being so close to going to state and getting kicked by one another every year. This game will be a good dog fight.

I mean other than the Rigdon situation. These teams see each other every year about this time. Being so close to going to state and getting kicked by one another every year. This game will be a good dog fight.
Well have no doubt it will be a fight it is usually a ball game. You are correct they do seem to meet regularly about this time. IMO I just don’t get the bad blood part. Unless it was just I reference to the coach. If you take that out of the equation is there still bad blood because they meet up every year?

The don't meet every year. The last two now this year. 03 to last year 7 times in 17 years in the playoffs . RS leads the series 4-3.

I may try to live stream this game. I have a feeling there is going to be way too many folks taking advantage of the new open carry law at this game! Wild Wild West!!!!

The don't meet every year. The last two now this year. 03 to last year 7 times in 17 years in the playoffs . RS leads the series 4-3.

Jimmy spot on with the numbers. What’s all this fuss about they don’t even play every year. Better stay away from the everclear though at your age you might need a couple saline bags the next day or some power bars.

Rigdon couldn't handle 11man so they move back to sixman. Not any sixman school. To Strawn (RS toughest opponent year in and year out). Obviously to beat RS. My question is, if Strawn wins will it be because of the Rigdon kids? Or will it just be another Lee/Burkhart classic with Lee pulling out the win?
I think Calvert is their toughest hurdle each year. Isn't it strange how the same 1A schools always seem to end up in the playoffs?

In reality Strawn should be the heavy like 45pt favorite this year and yes Strawn was the favorite last year and had the bigger faster Lee style team than Richland.
I thought RS was the favorite last year. Regarding the bigger faster Lee style team part. . . From what I remember I thought the Hounds were supposedly in a rebuilding year last year. They had graduated J W Montgomery in particular and had only 2 or 3 Sr's. I thought Luke Eli and Lorenzo had potential but didn't know just how good they would be. Regarding this game last year I guess I didn't have enough faith. I was just hoping they would hang. Boy did they, right down to the last play. Parsons came on toward the end of the season, and in that game.
I imagine the Sr's and Jr's in this years game will be well motivated by the memory of last year.
But I have a hard time putting them as a 45 point favorite against a Burkhart coached team, despite their recent run of such games. If they have that capability, they still have to prove it.

I may be wrong but I have a hard time believing RS was the favorite last year but maybe so. TBH I got the fortunate chance to make Dublin both nights last year and I’m not sure their has been two better back to back games like that ever. Plus the D1 west semi also went into overtime. I’ve seen RS and Strawn teams play before. I think it was safe to say last year might not have been the best products either has produced. A rebuilding of both squads to be frank. But hey there they were, both made it to the semi so that says something. Hats off to both when people thought the chips were down.

Not to start any drama (not my intention) but apparently there is a video of a top player for a well known program that was doing some sort of chant that would qualify as being “in support of the white racist ideologies.” That’s all I will say, no nothing else besides the video... Hopefully there was a talking done with the young man and disciplinary actions were taken... Would be sad if this just was looked over because it is not a good look imo.

So we welcome the era of rampant videos and the lack of common sense along with an ever so subtle attack on free speech? Kids are kids that's why we don't accuse them of being adults? Right ?. I'm sure everyone appreciates the timing of this newsworthy tidbit. Videos are apparently the more insidious form of gossip these days. Send out the Thought and Politically Correct Police to correct this situation. Pronto.

So we welcome the era of rampant videos and the lack of common sense along with an ever so subtle attack on free speech? Kids are kids that's why we don't accuse them of being adults? Right ?. I'm sure everyone appreciates the timing of this newsworthy tidbit. Videos are apparently the more insidious form of gossip these days. Send out the Thought and Politically Correct Police to correct this situation. Pronto.
Exactly...smh

Back