Strawn RS

Johnny South":asplzbvd said:
Johnny South":asplzbvd said:
SWRaider":asplzbvd said:
Didn’t May beat RS week 1 a few years ago?

I believe you are right. It seems like May won one a few years ago.

If memory serves me correctly, Jerry Burkhart has lost 3 regular season games in his 17 years as head coach at RS, and one of them was to the May Tigers.
That's right Johnny. Any time JB sniffed a potential competitive game during the regular season he ran away from it too. Ask Borden County, Crowell and May just to name a few. If any team in the RS district ever develops a program there will be a problem. JB, the legend.

Texlonghorn75":2krsownp said:
51eleven":2krsownp said:
Go Hound's. Your underdawgs on here again. Reason to start growlin a bit. Run down the yotes and chew em' up.
Only common opponent for RS and Strawn this year was Fort Worth Covenant Classical. RS beat Covenant like a dog(61 to 16) early in the season while Strawn allowed Covenant to score 70 points the very next week. Those scores alone would indicate that RS was playing at a much higher level early on, maybe Strawn has improved since then? Strawn has played more games this season, may be the experience will make a difference? What does Vegas say?

The Toy has RS by 15. To me it's a toss up. Strawn has definitely improved over the course of the season as I'm sure RS has as well. I've only seen them in person once this year, the 1st playoff game against Walnut Springs. They looked pretty good that week, 46-0 at the half. I've been able to listen to or watch (4?) all the rest on line. They lost by 12 to White Deer the first week, a top 10 D1 team at the time. 1st varsity start for several players. Then they were 45'd by Westbrook in week 4, still ranked 4th in D1 even though they lost the QF. Since the Covenant game they 45'd all but Throckmorton who they beat by 20.
RS is hard to figure. Undefeated. But Capital City Home School is not White Deer or Westbrook. They had 2 cancellations or forfeits. Cherokee puts up 44 against Calvert loosing by 25. Cherokee puts up 81 on RS loosing by 3. RS beats Calvert by 14.
Sounds like this could be a good game. You never know.

Strawn vs Richland since 1998

1998: Strawn 44 - RS 0
1999: Strawn 43 - RS 42
2000: Strawn 48 - RS 42
2001: RS 64 - Strawn 16
2003: Strawn 56 - RS 54
2004: RS 58 - Strawn 8
2008: Strawn 83 - RS 72
2009: Strawn 70 - RS 22
2012: RS 82 - Strawn 44
2019: RS 62 - Strawn 14

Lee vs. Burkhart is 3-3! Tiebreaker tonight!

ArnaudAmalric":196950d5 said:
Texlonghorn75":196950d5 said:
51eleven":196950d5 said:
Go Hound's. Your underdawgs on here again. Reason to start growlin a bit. Run down the yotes and chew em' up.
Only common opponent for RS and Strawn this year was Fort Worth Covenant Classical. RS beat Covenant like a dog(61 to 16) early in the season while Strawn allowed Covenant to score 70 points the very next week. Those scores alone would indicate that RS was playing at a much higher level early on, maybe Strawn has improved since then? Strawn has played more games this season, may be the experience will make a difference? What does Vegas say?

Vegas says....You shouldn’t use the same logic you ran your keyboard fingers about playing “neophytes” to compare the two teams. But please proceed.

Amairic, Those "neophytes" played RS, Strawn, and Union Hill back to back to back, to open their season. Due to TAPPS not starting until week 5 the RS game was their season opener, and they made first-game mistakes. That game was really closer than the score indicated. They just missed on a few plays that would have made it much closer.
They Should have beat Strawn,and put up 46 on Union Hill, UH scored with 56 seconds left to 45.
So those "neophyets are pretty good.

midcities 6-man fan":37qnk6zv said:
ArnaudAmalric":37qnk6zv said:
Texlonghorn75":37qnk6zv said:
51eleven":37qnk6zv said:

Vegas says....You shouldn’t use the same logic you ran your keyboard fingers about playing “neophytes” to compare the two teams. But please proceed.

Amairic, Those "neophytes" played RS, Strawn, and Union Hill back to back to back, to open their season. Due to TAPPS not starting until week 5 the RS game was their season opener, and they made first-game mistakes. That game was really closer than the score indicated. They just missed on a few plays that would have made it much closer.
They Should have beat Strawn,and put up 46 on Union Hill, UH scored with 56 seconds left to 45.

I never said they were bad, quite opposite actually. Not sure where your coming from here. Ole longhorn does nothing but harp on people playing said schools yet turns around and uses it for what he thinks is a good example to compare teams that played them. Actually a lot of these school have better athletes that a lot of public put out.

Longhorn85":12hy59y5 said:
That was quite a game

Yep. When the hounds went down by 17 I thought, one more with xp could be the tipping point, out of reach. But they never quit. Had a chance right down to the last play. Exciting throughout. Congratulations to both teams.

ArnaudAmalric":2upa0cr8 said:
midcities 6-man fan":2upa0cr8 said:
ArnaudAmalric":2upa0cr8 said:
Texlonghorn75":2upa0cr8 said:
51eleven":2upa0cr8 said:

I never said they were bad, quite opposite actually. Not sure where your coming from here. Ole longhorn does nothing but harp on people playing said schools yet turns around and uses it for what he thinks is a good example to compare teams that played them. Actually a lot of these school have better athletes that a lot of public put out.
I harp on football teams playing other competitive teams. I understand protecting his players by playing weak competition but after a while it comes off as being cowardly. Besides that weak competition had the fortitude to play RS. RS beating Strawn doesn't change the argument. RS got lucky at the end. Of course that is a foreign concept to JB and his adoring groupies.

You are an absolute idiot! JB needs to go to Vegas fast if all his success is based on luck lol. His program is setting records and you are criticizing his work?? Hahaha geez maaan! Yes, some things were very fortunate for the Coyotes last night, and Strawn got some “lucky” breaks also. Do you ever get tired of sounding so stupid? JB & Rogers are smarter than most. Just accept it! Their kids work harder and team unity separates them from the rest. Bottom line! Nothing you say matters lol. Maybe it’s time just to go and watch some Indian basketball?

grindtime84":1nsunpxv said:
You are an absolute idiot! JB needs to go to Vegas fast if all his success is based on luck lol. His program is setting records and you are criticizing his work?? Hahaha geez maaan! Yes, some things were very fortunate for the Coyotes last night, and Strawn got some “lucky” breaks also. Do you ever get tired of sounding so stupid? JB & Rogers are smarter than most. Just accept it! Their kids work harder and team unity separates them from the rest. Bottom line! Nothing you say matters lol. Maybe it’s time just to go and watch some Indian basketball?

Do you have something against indigenous peoples? 3 points over Strawn, 3 points over Cherokee, not exactly traditional coyote domination.

https://youtu.be/21ixwIaN7qw

How many coyotes can you identify?

https://youtu.be/GTFgeBg4TAE

Just wanted to congratulate the Hounds on a great season. You exceeded expectations imho. With only two seniors I didn't see the State Semi as a possibility half way through the season. After White Deer (though you beat the spread by a good bit), Westbrook and the shootout with Covenant things seemed a little shaky. But you jelled together. 3 point's from state is heartbreaking for some I'm sure (me included). But it's also a great accomplishment. Thanks especially to those Seniors, Luke Eli and Jade Barrett, for your leadership.

Just wanted to congratulate the Hounds on a great season. You exceeded expectations imho. With only two seniors I didn't see the State Semi as a possibility half way through the season. After White Deer (though you beat the spread by a good bit), Westbrook and the shootout with Covenant things seemed a little shaky. But you jelled together. 3 point's from state is heartbreaking for some I'm sure (me included). But it's also a great accomplishment. Thanks especially to those Seniors, Luke Eli and Jade Barrett, for your leadership.
Annie, your in here somewhere up above.

Back