Strawn RS

51eleven

Six-man expert
State Semi. First time I saw this was 2003. Still have a Granger article on it from the website I printed before it was lost. Classic. This sounds like kind of a potential even match up. Lee vs Burkhart with maybe not their best teams ever. But both still excellently coached.

If the football gods are listening, please, please, please, can we have a double header in Hico? Strawn / RS and Blum / May... Tell Hico they can charge for 2 games, I'll pay. Please don't make me decide like I did tonight on which game I should go to. (Thankfully, I chose Blum which was AWESOME instead of Strawn which I imagine from the score may have ended early.) I'll do pushups, run extra sprints, wash my wife's car, whatever...

The sup at Hico is more than willing to support a sixman playoff game and add extra seating if need be .. which I doubt t will be required in covid circumstances.. but they have always provided a very good environment for playoff games.

Leman Saunders":2cjehn1q said:
one of the greatest games and it was packed and my college friends and I were there...attending their 1st 6man game were in attendance. 2nd and 3rd effort by a Strawn RB on that final play...man! Also I believe RS was picked to win it right? Watch it here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeEDQdmL5bM

Where I actually met Coach Lee and Jonathan Parson's. Congratulating them after we rushed the field.

Leman Saunders":1vk7w4oa said:
one of the greatest games and it was packed and my college friends and I were there...attending their 1st 6man game were in attendance. 2nd and 3rd effort by a Strawn RB on that final play...man! Also I believe RS was picked to win it right? Watch it here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeEDQdmL5bM

Where I actually met Coach Lee and Jonathan Parson's. Congratulating them after we rushed the field.

51eleven":3bq9drw8 said:
Go Hound's. Your underdawgs on here again. Reason to start growlin a bit. Run down the yotes and chew em' up.
Only common opponent for RS and Strawn this year was Fort Worth Covenant Classical. RS beat Covenant like a dog(61 to 16) early in the season while Strawn allowed Covenant to score 70 points the very next week. Those scores alone would indicate that RS was playing at a much higher level early on, maybe Strawn has improved since then? Strawn has played more games this season, may be the experience will make a difference? What does Vegas say?

Texlonghorn75":3cukc6lz said:
51eleven":3cukc6lz said:
Go Hound's. Your underdawgs on here again. Reason to start growlin a bit. Run down the yotes and chew em' up.
Only common opponent for RS and Strawn this year was Fort Worth Covenant Classical. RS beat Covenant like a dog(61 to 16) early in the season while Strawn allowed Covenant to score 70 points the very next week. Those scores alone would indicate that RS was playing at a much higher level early on, maybe Strawn has improved since then? Strawn has played more games this season, may be the experience will make a difference? What does Vegas say?

Vegas says....You shouldn’t use the same logic you ran your keyboard fingers about playing “neophytes” to compare the two teams. But please proceed.

Just wondering what I'm missing here. Strawn seems to be a mite weaker than last year. RS seems to be about as stout as last year. Yet over 90% of you are picking Strawn for the win. ??

You are joking? Right South? If RS was as stout as last year they would have jumped at the chance to beat May in the first game, again. The quote as I heard it (second hand at best) "It is not in RS's best interest to play May this year". That does not sound to me like a confident coach of a stout as last year team.

No, not joking. Just curious. My information about week one was also second hand and was that May didn’t want to play this time. I do know that RS has a few less players this season, and as I understand it, a really tight-knit group of “team players”. Strawn always comes to play and will be a test. I just thought they were better last season with their all-state quarterback than this season. My opinion.

Somebody has been telling you stories. RS did not even have a first game. May went into the summer trying get the game with RS. Finally got a game with some Waco private school and then scrambled some more before getting the game with Bryson. RS never offered to play!

RS doesn’t want the smoke the May would have brought them!!!
I believe Methodist Home was going to May week 1 until they had to postpone because to Covid.
Didn’t May beat RS week 1 a few years ago?

Johnny South":b4inoo6d said:
No, not joking. Just curious. My information about week one was also second hand and was that May didn’t want to play this time. I do know that RS has a few less players this season, and as I understand it, a really tight-knit group of “team players”. Strawn always comes to play and will be a test. I just thought they were better last season with their all-state quarterback than this season. My opinion.

It's my understanding that May wanted to play RS but RS turned them down. Draw your own conclusions on that one.

Johnny South":1pk0qvcd said:
SWRaider":1pk0qvcd said:
Didn’t May beat RS week 1 a few years ago?

I believe you are right. It seems like May won one a few years ago.

If memory serves me correctly, Jerry Burkhart has lost 3 regular season games in his 17 years as head coach at RS, and one of them was to the May Tigers.

So, Now we are talking Coach Burkhart. Isn't it amazing how the lines can be blurred between RS and Coach Burkhart until RS can look a little better by keeping the lines apart. Come on Johnny, tell the whole story while your telling.

Back