Semi Finals

Will there be any surprises this week? My picks seem to be inline with majority on the pick’em board. If you really think there’s an upset coming tell us who and why. As always on my threads trash talk is welcomed just keep kids and coaches out of it.
Just wish I knew something about Ogelsby, I know nothing about them and can’t find any film

Richland Springs has Billy Perry and Cohen Ethridge . Both underclassmen , Billy is a sophomore and Cohen is a freshman. Both are just as fast as #1 from Ogelsby, and both throw the football better . Richland matches up with Ogelsby really well .. I think a lot of people will be surprised at how this game turns out .

Happy upsets Westbrook X 4
Oglesby over RS X 45
Gordon over Jonesboro X 45
That’s bold. I watched the WB vs BC game. BC was explosive and fast. The thing that really impressed me was how WB never got rattled never changed the way they play. They just kept methodically moving the ball down the field. They had their share of big plays but man they just line up say we are going over the rt side stop us if you can. Even when they do get stopped they line rt back up and do it again. They just keep doing it eventually you can see the other side get worn out then it’s big play after big play. WB is very patient they don’t get rattled and they have been in several dog fights. Maybe it’s Happy’s year but they have huge hill to climb

IMO I think the only dog that has a chance here is RS. Bias aside. They’ve played teams bigger than them all year. Scrappy is the term I will use. With that said still a tall task against an Ogelsby team seemingly hitting on all cylinders and waltzing through the schedule and into playoffs pretty untouched. My only question I guess is how is the passing game if the run is slowed. Have they played a 4 quarter game.?

Klondike has had a heck of a season and I applaud them for such. I don’t honestly know much about them so I’m just going off their game with jayton. I know that was along time ago I just don’t think they have enough to stop Benjamin.

Happy seems to be clicking at the right time. Did the overtime game take the wind out of the sails though.? I just don’t see them getting past Westbrook. They should still put some points up.

Jonesboro. Always well coached and prepared. Yet after watching part of the May game last week. The eye test just didn’t put me in the realm of thinking they can beat Gorgonites. Could have been the weather?

P.S. congratulations to all teams for making it to the semis.

Richland Springs has Billy Perry and Cohen Ethridge . Both underclassmen , Billy is a sophomore and Cohen is a freshman. Both are just as fast as #1 from Ogelsby, and both throw the football better . Richland matches up with Ogelsby really well .. I think a lot of people will be surprised at how this game turns out .
I watched some of their games, and I’ll say that if Number 13 develops into and plays like the other number 13 that I watched play for four years, the Coyotes will end up in Jerry’s World for sure.

Westbrook over happy by at least 30
Gordon by 45
Oglesby over rs by 20
Benjamin over Klondike by 45 of they defend the pass well if not still a win but closer

State games
Gordon over Westbrook (I cheered for yall last year but enough is enough and I think this Gordon team can do it or at least make it hard for you)

Benjamin over oglesby by 45 I’m confident they will stop the run it’s just going to make more than #1 to beat this team everyone assumed Benjamin would win last year all on the head of Grayson but they have proved they all clan play as a team that Hayes kid is even pretty good I believe he’s a freshman… they play good ball all the way around and even if you put up a lot of points Benjamin will score pretty much every possession so you can’t make a single mistake and their defense will get some stops regardless

That's a Bold Statement 🤣🤣🤣

Their stud running back is the one any defense better be ready for...#1. He has over 2,300 yards and nearly 50 TDs. There is some film floating around maxpreps, I think #1 has some on his page.
Looking at his stats he had a very similar year last year. I think it was like 2300 yards and 45 TDs and they lost a close one to Oakwood. Their only loss of the year last year.

Westbrook over happy by at least 30
Gordon by 45
Oglesby over rs by 20
Benjamin over Klondike by 45 of they defend the pass well if not still a win but closer

State games
Gordon over Westbrook (I cheered for yall last year but enough is enough and I think this Gordon team can do it or at least make it hard for you)

Benjamin over oglesby by 45 I’m confident they will stop the run it’s just going to make more than #1 to beat this team everyone assumed Benjamin would win last year all on the head of Grayson but they have proved they all clan play as a team that Hayes kid is even pretty good I believe he’s a freshman… they play good ball all the way around and even if you put up a lot of points Benjamin will score pretty much every possession so you can’t make a single mistake and their defense will get some stops regardless
I will agree with everything but the state D1 game.

I have WB by 45 over Happy

I’d love to say Happy will win…..little biased lol, but Westbrook is King of the mountain, my question is, has Westbrook seen a defense anything like Happy has this year? Happy has faced several pretty darn good offensive teams this year and seem to play to the level of whoever they’re up against. Excited for this one!

I’d love to say Happy will win…..little biased lol, but Westbrook is King of the mountain, my question is, has Westbrook seen a defense anything like Happy has this year? Happy has faced several pretty darn good offensive teams this year and seem to play to the level of whoever they’re up against. Excited for this one!
I think it’s going to be a hard fought battle. Definitely some fuel for the fire on Happy’s side after last couple years. Like they say to be the best you have to beat the best. This game has all the makings of a classic. Then again it’s sixman so anything could happen. Couple bad breaks and find yourself down three scores then get away from your style of play next thing ya know your loading up heading home before 4th qtr. it’s why we love the game.

i feel like this could be a good game if both teams are 100%. As far as Westbrook playing good defenses then i will say yes they have for sure. Jonesboro i feel is pretty similar to Happy as far as being Big, Strong kids with a bit more speed in my opinion. I think its easy to overlook opposing defenses due to how lethal the Wildcat offense is. There are playmakers literally at every position. Happy is a very well coached team that will Definitely be looking for some revenge over the last 3 meetings. We know they are physical just hope its a clean played ball game and we don't see plays like the one against Miami on the punt. I know they are a great group of kids and always play a hard fought game. Good luck to both squads as they square up Friday night in Lubbock.

Back