Semi finals Loraine vs Oakwood

ugh this is such a toss-up but based on the opponents both teams have played ill have to say Loraine. They have such a good defense shutting down Cherokee to just six tonight. Will certainly be a fun one to watch.

Who has Oakwood played that causes you to think it will be a toss up.
Loraine mostly played D1 schools up until district and also Played #1Benji.
They have given up like 6 points in the playoffs.

But also that being said can Oakwoods running back (who has 77 tds this year good lord) really change the shape of the game.
you’re keeping up dad. But next week you play a defense. Loraine was 45 points Better than Cherokee, however the rain stopped that from showing. Hopefully it’s dry next week. Battle it out. Hope Loraine bullfrogs win by 45, we want a another piece of those dirty frogs.

Last edited:
you’re keeping up dad. But next week you play a defense. Loraine was 45 points Better than Cherokee, however the rain stopped that from showing. Hopefully it’s dry next week. Battle it out. Hope Loraine bullfrogs win by 45, we want a another piece of those dirty frogs.
Loraine is a great team, However when we played the late hits, the obvious targets trying to hurt key players. Was noticed. So that’s why they are the dirty bullfrogs, rather than the mighty bulldogs. If the game is to be played again. Hope both teams will show respect and class, and ONLY play in between whistles as both are top tier and it is a game at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Loraine is a great team, However when we played the late hits, the obvious targets trying to hurt key players. Was noticed. So that’s why they are the dirty bullfrogs, rather than the mighty bulldogs. If the game is to be played again. Hope both teams will show respect and class, and ONLY play in between whistles as both are top tier and it is a game at the end of the day.
This guy. The BULLDOGS, are playing on a different level than what they did against benjamin (recruiting) ponies. Surprise surprise. And u wanna talk about dirty? How bout the disrespect benjamin shows as Loraine was doing their Homecoming activities and benjamin comes out of the tunnel during the activities blowing their horn being as unclassy as it gets. Them fans, and that team need to be humbled. And it’s coming.

Last edited:

Com’on man
Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Watched Cherokee last week. No way they were beatin Loraine. Before you get all Nancy Pelosi on me, cause Cherokee would’ve 45’d my hounds this year and a great season to them hats off. But when you get to watch championship teams, Cherokee did not fit the bill. Truth hurts sometimes.

My apologies to my early comments as this is a SEMI-FINAL Oakwood vs Loraine thread (not Cherokee vs Loraine). Oakwood, nothin to say but hats off!!! I’ve personally picked y’all to be beat the past 2 weeks and you’ve made me a fool. Nothin like provin folks wrong. Congrats, you’ve earned it (not that my verdict is the gospel) by any means. Now after all that Coach Popham is a Strawn alum, so this is were I say congrats to Oakwood again and the best of luck to try and proven me wrong again for the 3rd straight week but ain’t happenin…Loraine to state!!!

I've picked Oakwood to win up until now because I saw Nickerson earlier in the year and what a force he is. However, I believe their season ends next week. Oakwood converted only two points on special teams last night, and Loraine's defense should be able to limit #7 knowing he will be carrying the rock nearly every play. The wild card might be a bad weather game. Nickerson will grind and not fumble. Otherwise, Loraine takes it fairly easily.

I had an opportunity to watch Oakwood last night and to say Nickerson is good, is an understatement. However, there were several runs where Nickerson made one cut and went untouched to the end zone. I'm not saying that to belittle Nickerson, I'm saying because the fundamental blocking schemes by the Panthers was amazing to watch. No tricks! No bells and whistles! They lined up and sealed the gaps like a quality playoff team is supposed to. I expected to see Nickerson run well, but I didn't expect the blocking to be at such a high level. Not just first level blocks, but getting to the second level and watching Nickerson run free in the secondary was really cool to see. Bluff Dale played their hearts out, and did everything they could to stay in the game. Oakwood's defense played a bend-don't-break style, and just kept biding their time. You run enough plays, and eventually a turnover will happen. That was the difference in the game! Looking forward to seeing how Loraine matches up with Oakwood. This late in the playoffs, protecting the ball and making extra points are key. Good luck to both teams!

I've picked Oakwood to win up until now because I saw Nickerson earlier in the year and what a force he is. However, I believe their season ends next week. Oakwood converted only two points on special teams last night, and Loraine's defense should be able to limit #7 knowing he will be carrying the rock nearly every play. The wild card might be a bad weather game. Nickerson will grind and not fumble. Otherwise, Loraine takes it fairly easily.
Nickerson is a beast. Oakwood played stellar run defense. Bluff Dale was not opening holes, at all, all night long. We've never had an issue running all year, even against Cherokee.

We became a one-dimensional passing team, which worked ok. We just couldn't stop #7 in the 4th. Our run defense played great but came up missing after halftime. Hats off to the Oakwood kids. They played very hard. They stopped us not once, but twice, at the goalline.

Time for round ball I guess. 😔

No one has commented since the game last night. Oakwood and particularly Zack Nickerson, aquitted themselves extremely well. He should be playing at the next level. Has the size and speed to do so. Loraine Bulldogs made history by winning this semi-final game. Most wins in school history, first time reaching a State Title game in school history. The road only gets rougher from here, but the journey is worth the rough ride. Stay focused and do your jobs, you have a rare opportunity to make even more history on the 14th.

Zack Nickerson is probably hands down the toughest running back in six man football. He had some really good runs.
He also is probably pretty sore this morning because he took a pretty good pounding from the Bulldogs, but he can sure give the pounding back at times.
Congrats to the Oakwood team and their fans. They showed a lot of sportsmanship during and after the game.

Zack Nickerson is probably hands down the toughest running back in six man football. He had some really good runs.
He also is probably pretty sore this morning because he took a pretty good pounding from the Bulldogs, but he can sure give the pounding back at times.
Congrats to the Oakwood team and their fans. They showed a lot of sportsmanship during and after the game.
Nickerson just went to #7 all time single season rushing yards!!😎

Your first sentence is just insane. He had a great year…. But a lot of FULL games he got to play because of lack of dominance. Just throwing that out there. Aj Williams from Loraine alone should’ve already made this irrelevant.

Did not get the privilege of watching Oakwood. Planned on goin to the game last night but reckon its the 39th strain of Covid that prevented me from makin the trip. Always a great feat to still be outta of round ball after Thanksgiving. Oakwood sure did mess my pick’em strategy up, so congrats to the great season. Also a whole hearted congrats from Strawn to Coach Popham and your Loraine Bulldogs!!! A true accomplishment indeed. Best of luck at Jerry’s World and as they say onto the next one

Back