Seguin vs Baytown

THEQB

Six-man fan
This is a matchup most people were figuring would happen for quite some time.
Baytwon had a very close game against Fredy this week and squeaked it out by 1. Most people thought it would be Baytown by 14 or so. From the posts on here looks like Fredy came out really prepared.
Seguin has yet to find a threat this post season. Destroying spring branch and beating orange by 40. The orange game raised a few questions. Seguins very fast and should have been an easy win against a much slower orange team. Rumor has it they may have been missing a player or players. Not sure if they got bit by the no pass no play rule or had some injuries. Anyone see the Seguin game and can shed some light on things?
I have Seguin by 20 on this one... unless they have a key player out. Hopefully no serious injuries.

Until confirmed that Seguin lost players and the skill of said players, I'm reserved about a prediction.
Baytown is number one but they only had a 1 point victory over Freddy from what I hear was a brawl of a game. Seguin, meanwhile, played a softer Orange that most likely didnt even leave a bruise.

Seguin would be the fresher team at full capacity but again, missing players??????

The missing players were not from injury or grades. Much more serious issue. I will not comment but will say I doubt they are allow to play the rest of the season. It would not be a good look for them to bring them back for the remaining games.I respect the decision the program is always larger than players. With that said, other players will step up.

Anyone go to this game and have any clarification on what happened? Did someone get thrown out of the game for unsportsmanlike or something?

THEQB":sfwjv38w said:
Anyone go to this game and have any clarification on what happened? Did someone get thrown out of the game for unsportsmanlike or something?

What I hear, third hand, is that it has to do with a serious violation of school rules. I hope that those young men remaining in Falcon uniforms get Coach Rabon that state championship he has richly earned in his 14 years of service to build that program. It's important to a lot of, players, coaches and others.

freeagent":4xcts2tm said:
THEQB":4xcts2tm said:

What I hear, third hand, is that it has to do with a serious violation of school rules. I hope that those young men remaining in Falcon uniforms get Coach Rabon that state championship he has richly earned in his 14 years of service to build that program. It's important to a lot of, players, coaches and others.

I hope the 3rd hand info is just a rumor. That would be very disappointing to the remaining players and coaches who have been dedicated to the program throughout the year.
Was it just one of the players or a group?

Did they kill someone or something to where nobody can tell us what happened ?? Everyone is making this such a mystery. Did they smoke some drugs and get caught?

JustFootball45":3l2nk4ti said:
Did they kill someone or something to where nobody can tell us what happened ?? Everyone is making this such a mystery. Did they smoke some drugs and get caught?

I don't think it would be appropriate to speculate and even if someone knows the truth it would be best to keep it private. We are talking about juveniles here and there is no reason to publicly humiliate them and their families. If it was my kid involved I would not want it broadcast. I have confidence that the coaches and administrators are handling this matter in a professional manner and that's good enough for me.

GeauxTigers":3cz6pk7v said:
JustFootball45":3cz6pk7v said:

I don't think it would be appropriate to speculate and even if someone knows the truth it would be best to keep it private. We are talking about juveniles here and there is no reason to publicly humiliate them and their families. If it was my kid involved I would not want it broadcast. I have confidence that the coaches and administrators are handling this matter in a professional manner and that's good enough for me.

Couldn't agree with you more. Main reason for discussion was trying to figure out if that's the reason they did not 45 orange. Evidently one or more of their boys got suspended for some reason.

JustFootball45":qyv69ruv said:

It wasn't the first part of your question, because that probably would have made the papers :)

And I probably would have been the one they 'offed'.

Cougar1414":1cb8j13t said:
Freeagent do you think Baytown can compete with Seguin or will this this be blowout early. Seguin seems to be playing at a high level.

I'm probably not the expert you want to talk about this game -- I've only seen Lifegate once this season (their win vs Living Rock; I've only seen three six man games this year -- Richland Springs vs High Island and a junior high sixman game).

If Lifegate can keep up their defensive intensity, they should do well.

Seguin is always ready. The question is will Baytown be ready? It's appears the blueprint has been set by Freddy and Seguin just needs to execute it.

Interesting Article it called Baytown trendy. I think they been a solid program for a number of years. Baytown folks might not like the term "trendy" but then again they might consider that a complement. Parachute pants forever

Back