Div. III State Final - Notre Dame vs. Baytown Christian

[quoteI am not turning this into something that its not, just stating facts.

ND is 7-4 / 3-0 in one, if not the easiest of TAPPS districts. They have an offense that IMO is all over the map on what will happen. Often the QB will throw hail Mary's on first and second down looking for a play. The teams who beat them capitalized on these mistkes by making the interception. To me, the only move they have made since their last defeat was a counter punch to Granbury, which is defensively a mess. ND squeaked by a bad team in Weatherford by only 4 points! Not a strong showing. ND has a run game that is par.

Baytown is 12-0 / 4-0 with no big wins over any true powerhouses but did take care of Freddy by one and mercy ruled a personnel suffering Seguin. Conroe was overrated on this site in power rating and Baytown helped to correct the issue after the win. The beginning and latter of their schedule was blowout after blowout of sub par teams. Baytown is the pretty penny in their district. I have seen this team a few times this season including both playoff games.

I think the guys saying that this will be a decent contest need to hit the road and watch some sixman. This will be a one sided event for Baytown although I do hope for a decent game and not a slaughter. I, for the record would have rather had one D2 bracket and done away with D3. Much more competition this way. ][/quote]

Exactly what facts were you stating?? Maybe you should should "hit the road and watch some sixmnan."

It was one of the weirdest one sided event I have ever watched.

billybobthornton":32pcrraw said:
Looks like ol Notre Dame just handed the trophy to Baytown. It appeared to be a blow out like QB and Go Kitty predicted.
A blowout? When did getting beat by 11 points become getting blown out? Notre Dame didn't just hand the trophy to BCA, BCA earned it. Last I checked scoring 50+ points on a team who hasn't let anyone score 50 points all year and losing by 11 wasn't a blow out. Did you even watch the game or are you just blowing smoke out your bottom?? Blow outs happen when you get beat by 20+ points not 11 to the undefeated team in Tapps Dlll.

Back