Baytown Christian 6-v-6

DirtyBayBulldog

11-man fan
Had a chance to watch some 6-v-6 in Baytown today and it was quality play from all teams.

The biggest take away is the skill level of Baytown. By far they had the deepest depth and have a number of skilled players. They didn't lose a matchup and few teams scored on them. Very impressive.

The second team I notice had "Cougars" displayed on ymttheir shirts. Thinking it was Victoria. They looked sharp and only ran into trouble with Baytown. The QB has good footwork and places the ball well on routes. Their defense kept everything in front of them and only saw trouble when speedy receivers can take them up field.

Emery looked sharp. Their coaches mentioned they are a young team but they played older. Lots of energy and communication I noticed, especially on offense. Their offense looked good and had a nice rhythm on routes. On defense they played a zone and played it well. Most teams I watched played zone.

I want to make a note on Spring Branch. 6 kids played all games for them. To play against the quality of teams there and to play 5 games in Texas summer heat...standing applause to them. Very competitive play from what I could catch.

Anyone else that was present that wants chime in?

Back