Rockwall Heritage vs. Richland Springs

Ex eagle":2dbwdvam said:
Yea Richland looks real good against these average teams

Ex eagle, I'll tell you what I saw tonight, from where I sat, behind the cheerleaders and the water can, that Rockwall Heritage team was certainly not AVERAGE! I have seen several of the upper ranked UIL teams play this year, and I sure do think that these Eagles would dominate all that I have seen. Their number 9 running back is the quickest and fastest that I have seen.

Yew knowd, I done agreed. Them Rockwallers iz the best team Richland has done faced. They wuz quick, fast and wern''t skeered. I done believe they wud handle anybody Richland has done played and it wudn't be close.

Rockwall is a good team and they have more than number 9. #3 seemed to be explosive from the few times he touched the ball and #4 is a big boy who can block and tackle well. Game could've been closer the score doesn't tell the whole story but Richland springs is tough credit to them

smokeyjoe53":21a3oweu said:
Just wondering......... if the score doesn't tell the whole story, what does?...........

Kinda what I was wondering.....?
Score board don't lie and it was a 45.
That's the story fellas

If you watch the film it had a lot of potential to be closer but in no way am I taking anything away from Richland Springs they are the best team in six man

Serious question, not trying to rile up the RS mafia. Is there anyone that can stay with RS? Happy, Ira, Borden County, Balmorhea, Calvert... anyone? San Angelo Central is pretty good this year, maybe them? I'm pretty sure RS could beat UT at this point but that's not really saying much. Seriously (and without all the BS that usually accompanies this kind of thing), any predictions?

Let me put it this way...... I saw Richland Springs for the first time since last year's state game when they played Sterling City. I was stunned by the maturity those kids had undergone. Not just bulk and size but speed also. To answer your question, no, barring catastrophic injuries I don't see any team hanging with them.

I personally think the Rockwall heritage team was the best team that they will see all season. And as far as the potential thing, it was a very close game just before the opening kick off. After that all the Coyotes needed to do was straighten a few things out and it was all over. Hats off to the Eagles. They are very good team.

Sixmanlover":1ehyq24i said:
Rockwall is a good team and they have more than number 9. #3 seemed to be explosive from the few times he touched the ball and #4 is a big boy who can block and tackle well. Game could've been closer the score doesn't tell the whole story but Richland springs is tough credit to them

SM Lover, you are absolutely correct in that the Eagles had multiple players who were great athletes. As you stated, #3 has real potential, #4 is as big and strong as any college prospect, #16, #5, ... you had a stable filled with hosses. I just mentioned #9 as he really stood out with his sprint through the Coyote Defense and into the endzone. I don't believe that you will encounter much stiff opposition on the way to your championship game.

I like the Lingleville field with the view to the West and the parking overlooking it from the East plus from the North end zone. New bigger home stands since year 1. Although it's hard to see through the players and coaches from the lower rows. RS pulled their bus up behind them and filmed/kept stat's from the roof. RH did so from the back of a pickup between the two sets of bleachers on the other side. The fence around the field is a nice addition but a little low for leanin on. The sheet metal concession stand is apropos for the setting. I did hear a RH cheerleader coming out of one of the port a potties tell another who was waiting "ooh gross". The one I used was clean. But they're on a slight hill. It was tilting slightly right. It was also not on firm footing and wobbled a little as I entered. I had a fleeting (thankfully) thought of rolling down the hill inside it and getting a bath with the contents. Ooh gross.

Tip my hat off to Richland. They were firing on all cylinders. I don't know what those boys do to train but they had great execution and coaching. Go get a ring.
As for Rockwall, looked impressive. Had great speed and some power to move the ball. Made RS work for their touchdowns. Best of luck to both teams.

Dear Doodlebug,

Well, while there iz more BS than yew can stir with three boat oars with me, I iz alwayz serious bout the football stuff. Thiz will done sound like braggin' but jest how many times iz I wrong bout thiz here team? They iz the most consistent, predictable thing in my life. And without injuries it iz done hard to see them git beat. They done held three really good teams to a total of 12 points. A number 5, 3 and 1. But that don't mean nothing when we done beat them, cuz then they ain't no good after that, accordin' to yew people. When yew iz lookin' at team strength done look at points allowed, that iz the key determinin' factor in team strength. Ever body gits worked up over 101-80 game, that iz jest two bad teams. Git worked up over 96-0. So, without gettin' hurt it iz done hard to done see anybody hangin' with them. And all the wishful thinkin' by folks who don't done want it that way won't change it. And I ain't tryin' to be mean with that, jest objective. Don't let the theatre fool yew.

Goob":35afukvz said:
Dear Doodlebug,

Well, while there iz more BS than yew can stir with three boat oars with me, I iz alwayz serious bout the football stuff. Thiz will done sound like braggin' but jest how many times iz I wrong bout thiz here team? They iz the most consistent, predictable thing in my life. And without injuries it iz done hard to see them git beat. They done held three really good teams to a total of 12 points. A number 5, 3 and 1. But that don't mean nothing when we done beat them, cuz then they ain't no good after that, accordin' to yew people. When yew iz lookin' at team strength done look at points allowed, that iz the key determinin' factor in team strength. Ever body gits worked up over 101-80 game, that iz jest two bad teams. Git worked up over 96-0. So, without gettin' hurt it iz done hard to done see anybody hangin' with them. And all the wishful thinkin' by folks who don't done want it that way won't change it. And I ain't tryin' to be mean with that, jest objective. Don't let the theatre fool yew.

Like I told you a few weeks ago ... the cheapest item on the Richland Springs radio broadcast rate card is for the "This second half of Coyote football is brought to you by...." sponsor.

I believe Calvert will be the only team to really challenge Richland springs, possibly Milford. Team speed is the key here, which all 3 teams have.

I believe when Calvert and RS meet up in playoffs that it will be ended early due to RS 45 em. No disrespect to Calvert they have a great player but RS has a great team. I think the best Six Man team in the last 15 years, and that is just my opinion. What is even scarier is the fact that most of their players will be returning next year

Sixmanlover":2878a97n said:
I believe when Calvert and RS meet up in playoffs that it will be ended early due to RS 45 em. No disrespect to Calvert they have a great player but RS has a great team. I think the best Six Man team in the last 15 years, and that is just my opinion. What is even scarier is the fact that most of their players will be returning next year

The last 15 years? I notice you joined the forum last Friday. I don't think even a lot of the RS homeboy's would be ready yet to anoint this team as greater than say 06-07, yet.

51eleven":3ur3qihg said:
Sixmanlover":3ur3qihg said:

The last 15 years? I notice you joined the forum last Friday. I don't think even a lot of the RS homeboy's would be ready yet to anoint this team as greater than say 06-07, yet.

A lot might.

Back