Rockwall Heritage vs. Richland Springs

smokeyjoe53":1wwqspik said:
Planked carp...... is that where you cook the carp on a board, then eat the board?

Marinade the carp in tabasco sauce for 24 hours. Soak the 1/4" cedar plank in everkleer for a couple of hours. Salt and pepper the carp heavily. Put it on the plank. Light the plank and let it burn for a couple of minutes. You won't be able to tell the carp from the plank. But you won't taste the carp.
I think it's referred to in Louisiana as "blackened" carp.

Rockwall Heritage is VERY GOOD but they aren't on Richland Springs level.
Heritage has given up 24 to Coolidge, 30 to Tioga.
No way does RS give up that much to those 2 teams

In order to keep up with RS, you need a Calvert Spreadback and RCHA doesn't have that (NOT SAYING CALVERT WILL BEAT RS, BUT SOMEONE OF THAT TALENT CAN MAKE RS DEFENSE LABOR)

Richland Springs rolls by 45

RS 64
RHCA 8

Kramer":1terifpp said:
Rockwall Heritage is VERY GOOD but they aren't on Richland Springs level.
Heritage has given up 24 to Coolidge, 30 to Tioga.
No way does RS give up that much to those 2 teams

In order to keep up with RS, you need a Calvert Spreadback and RCHA doesn't have that (NOT SAYING CALVERT WILL BEAT RS, BUT SOMEONE OF THAT TALENT CAN MAKE RS DEFENSE LABOR)

Richland Springs rolls by 45

RS 64
RHCA 8

Forgot where I saw this but I read somewhere that Rockwall Heritage had 6 fumbles against Coolidge. Not really a good thing but in another way only giving up 24 doesn't seem too shabby. Though allowing Tioga 30 points kind of stands out to me. Maybe some injuries or something I don't know.

Rocketman4, did you ever think that maybe Coolidge's defense created six turnovers and not That your team gave up six turnovers. And then there is some excuse about injuries. And how many times this year when we have to hear that the Coyotes defense will be tested. And I heard it several times this year and it has yet to happen. But I really would like to see the defense testing. I'm not sure that the Eagles are ready for what's fixing to happen.

51eleven":387qlag0 said:
51eleven":387qlag0 said:
Sean Hannity":387qlag0 said:
phil":387qlag0 said:
Richland Springs 48

Rockwall Christian 56

I will take RS and the eight points. How much do you want to make this for? Lol

Your wife called. She said do NOT bet the house.
She told me the same thing 51eleven. She's a Coyote fan but she said no to the possibility of homelessness.

freelancer":3fwckfxh said:
Rocketman4, did you ever think that maybe Coolidge's defense created six turnovers and not That your team gave up six turnovers. And then there is some excuse about injuries. And how many times this year when we have to hear that the Coyotes defense will be tested. And I heard it several times this year and it has yet to happen. But I really would like to see the defense testing. I'm not sure that the Eagles are ready for what's fixing to happen.

Rockwall Heritage is not my team. I don't really have a team considering I didn't hear about 6man football until moving to Texas a couple years ago for work. And in no way am I taking away from Coolidge forcing the turnovers. Though I am saying sometimes points given up look bad on a team, when in reality, a defense could have been forced to make 6 additional stops than needed. And as for the injuries notice the "I don't know" part, typically means I don't know. Just find it odd they have held other teams then give up 30 to Tioga, thought injuries might have been the issue. I'm just excited to hear the outcome, could be the first test for RS, could be a blowout. Gonna have to wait and see.

RocketMan4":1l31apmh said:
freelancer":1l31apmh said:

Rockwall Heritage is not my team. I don't really have a team considering I didn't hear about 6man football until moving to Texas a couple years ago for work. And in no way am I taking away from Coolidge forcing the turnovers. Though I am saying sometimes points given up look bad on a team, when in reality, a defense could have been forced to make 6 additional stops than needed. And as for the injuries notice the "I don't know" part, typically means I don't know. Just find it odd they have held other teams then give up 30 to Tioga, thought injuries might have been the issue. I'm just excited to hear the outcome, could be the first test for RS, could be a blowout. Gonna have to wait and see.

It's nice to see outsiders like me still embracing the game. I was born in Fort Worth but never heard of 6-man until past 30. Then again I didn't know there was such a thing as "Church Schools" until I found this site.

Ever time Richland done plays a church skool the image that done comes to my mind iz them christians bein' throwd to the lions in that collerseeum in Rome circa 2nd century. But I cud done be wrong.

Goob":3ck6zgld said:
Ever time Richland done plays a church skool the image that done comes to my mind iz them christians bein' throwd to the lions in that collerseeum in Rome circa 2nd century. But I cud done be wrong.

Coyotes, lions. Same difference. Rockwall's a good team and Coach Huckabee, like Coach Burkhart, is a good friend. But I ain't putting no grocery money on Heritage.

I remember once when Jerry called me and asked if Lifegate could fill an open date for RS. Generous offer, a few hundred bucks plus dinner. I thanked him for thinking of us and his offer, but I figured Falcon stew was on the menu and the money wouldn't cover the medical deductibles.

RocketMan4":24tyec1z said:
Richland Springs 72
Rockwall Heritage 38

Every team should believe they can overcome any odds and win. Grit, determination, perseverance, belief in self are all essential for survival much less victory. Richland Springs will be beat by somebody again someday (I've seen it happen before, more than once!).
Right now not getting 45'd would be an accomplishment itself as nobody's done it in over a year.

I thought earlier, I hope Lingleville is ready for this. But they are as ready as they will ever be. The rock store will be closed before kickoff. That's it. I think sixfan (?) mentioned a decent booster club burger but don't know if they will be there for this game so I wouldn't count on it. A few years back the concession stand was a lady in a lawn chair with an ice chest selling cokes and candy. A few hundred people could overwhelm the place. The first year there were no bleachers on the visitor side, a couple of portable ones on the home side.
A chair on the hill is an option, though it's a ways away. SRO is the only other option?
I read the game is being broadcast on the net. I guess that will be from the back of a truck since they have no pressbox. Kewl.
If I hurry I can hit Woody's in Dublin for brisket first.

smokeyjoe53":3v6tzcwq said:
Game starts at 6:30.......... better get that brisket to go...........

Thanks for the warning. I wondered yesterday or Monday about the start time thinking I should look or ask but neglected to do so. I figured if I was down by the field by 7:00 I'd be safe. Some RS games are pretty well over after after 30 minutes. So, Mickey D's in Stephenville after work, there by 6:00 to find a good standing spot.

Back