Richland Springs vs Strawn

So we now that we know Strawn is at 100% and Richland Springs is hitting on all cylinders the game coming up will be something to watch, but what I want to know is who has the most playmakers? The coaches are evenly matched so it will come down to execution of the players on the field. Who has a better defense? Who is better on offense? Well that’s what makes this game even I think Strawn has a really good defense and offense I say would have to go to Richland. What y’all think?

These Richland Springs v. Strawn games are always so much fun to watch! They both have some surprising negative scores (Strawn lost to Gordon in district + May beat them handily; Richland almost lost to Blum and Calvert.) Although Strawn's blemishes are easier to explain (due to injury, ) Richland has, at least according to this website, a Shakespeare-level internal drama to deal with. While I have no idea who is going to win, I want to know where and when it's taking place because I want to see it.

coyotefan":2rep2p3m said:
RS did not play Blum this year!! Just saying.

Sorry, that should be Aquilla rather than Blum. At least I got the county right!

tx6man4life":7k13skg7 said:
RS is deep with 8-10 guys that could start both ways anywhere. Idk strawns roster or talent but RS is loaded.

After the Oakwood game last year, after I congratulated him and shook his hand, walking away Coach Lee called out, as I turned around with him pointing at me he said "you behave on the internet".

Sixmanfanatic1980":16s8bd94 said:
Wow just seen the spread Strawn underdogs by 40 man that’s a slap to the face to the defending state champs.

I found this interesting as well. Rankin is also listed as 20 points plus to McLean. Interested to ask how 20 points is relative to a normal 11-man game spread? For example, one would typically see a #1 vs #2 on a neutral field have a spread of #1 favored by 3 to 6. Is 20 points in 6-man relative to a 3 point spread in 11-man? So 40 points may be relative to 6-7 points?

Sixmanfanatic1980":17c5zekz said:
Wow just seen the spread Strawn underdogs by 40 man that’s a slap to the face to the defending state champs.
Victory or basketball season, another incentive to win this game. For me? Still deer season and the hogs are on the loose!!

I know the toy is way smarter than me. It gets refined over the course of the year and is usually pretty accurate by this time of year but it has been wrong before (like the 09 state game, I believe Strawn was favored over GC). I also realize RS is undefeated, 11-0, and loaded. I listened to the Calvert game and several players made plays beside the Rigdons and Burkhart. And Strawn is but 8-4. Yet I sill have to wonder if it might be off a bit.

Strawn started the season loosing to perineal power BC by 29. With all but 3-4 players getting their first varsity start. BC was 12-0 in D1 until they met the Rank Rankin Red Devil buzz saw. Then they rolled on through until Milford beating them by 14 and loosing 3 top starters to injury. The next week they were 45"d by eventual 8-3 GC (45'd by Balmoreah, lost by 14 to Rank Rankin, then by 24 to Balmoreah again). Then by 41 to May who lost to RS by 21 in the first game of the year and in the Regionals to Nueces Canyon by 4. Then almost healthy to Gordon by 1. Lost to some good teams with limited experience and injures, no excuse. But they should be seasoned by now. Some of those less experienced players do have limited deep playoff experience in big games. They are fast and as all of Coach lee's teams know how to block and tackle.

RS stared the year off beating May by 21, then 4-7 Aquilla by 4, one home schooled team by 45 and another, San Antonio Feast by 28. Then they rolled through several teams with less than stellar records. Until they had to come from behind in the last minute to beat Calvert by 5.

I've been watching Richland Springs from various years on YOUTUBE. You will notice one thing: they get stronger as the game progresses.

As much as I dislike the RS administration, school board, and JBs "pull" over everyone in RS, (minus a few) I think they win it this week. I picked Grandfalls to win over Strawn... Hope the best for the players on both teams.

LBK6manFan":32bicd00 said:
As much as I dislike the RS administration, school board, and JBs "pull" over everyone in RS, (minus a few) I think they win it this week. I picked Grandfalls to win over Strawn... Hope the best for the players on both teams.

RS definitely wins the next two games, they have the deepest most talented Roster in the state. A monkey could coach this team to a title seriously. They are so deep they don’t even have to use their best player. Super talented team.

You better talk to Howard C. about what happens when you say "monkey". Those of us that saw it live on MNF did not realize we were watching the beginning of the "politically correct" nightmare.

tx6man4life":19b2cffd said:
LBK6manFan":19b2cffd said:

RS definitely wins the next two games, they have the deepest most talented Roster in the state. A monkey could coach this team to a title seriously. They are so deep they don’t even have to use their best player. Super talented team.

I agree. It helps when you inherit talent and have some family's move in to create more depth. The puppets in RS (adults) just listen to their puppet master, while he pulls their strings.

A bunch of posse's in RS. I heard those little posse's get together and and make the decisions if it is approved by the leader of the posse's

Back