Realignment

SaintJoPanthers

11-man fan
Is it too early to start looking at realignment numbers? Snapshot date is a month away. Rumor mill up this way is that Savoy will be making the move to 6man, along with Campbell HS adding 6man. Those two along with Fruitvale being put into a district will add 3 new names to East Texas 6man UIL football.

According to my handy-dandy spread sheet on schools, here's the UIL schools I show as not in districts

Grand Prairie Advantage Academy - Charter (# too high?)
Lingleville
Blum
Higgins
Anton
Fort Hancock (# too high?)
Valentine (not playing)
Early Paradigm Charter (not playing?)
Dublin Premiere Charter (rumor is they will join T-CAL)
Austin NYOS Charter (plays independent)

that doesn't include charters in T-CAL ...

Oh, I've also heard that Deion Sanders is getting a charter school in DFW, but I believe they will play crowded field and will join UIL.

Don't forget Gilmer Union Hill ... and I think there may be another one in the panhandle, but nothing definite.

According to one of my spies, UIL schools were to commit for their 2012-2014 sports at the start of this month, but there are policies in place to petition for late assignment.

Don't count on Campbell yet. School board still has to approve, probably by the end of the first week of October. Fruitvale is under 100. Fannindel could be close to going big school. If Campbell is a go, Fruivale is under 100, Savoy goes 6-man, Fannindel is Div. 1, you have a nice little east Texas district, maybe with Bloomburg thrown in. What about Karnack? How close are they to Div. 1?

I called UIL and talked to Peter Contreras and he said that you have to let the UIL know if your intentions are to play football when you turn in your ADA. The UIL normally takes the ADA the second week of October.

texashelmetproject":3mpjba5r said:
Don't count on Campbell yet. School board still has to approve, probably by the end of the first week of October. Fruitvale is under 100. Fannindel could be close to going big school. If Campbell is a go, Fruivale is under 100, Savoy goes 6-man, Fannindel is Div. 1, you have a nice little east Texas district, maybe with Bloomburg thrown in. What about Karnack? How close are they to Div. 1?

I called UIL and talked to Peter Contreras and he said that you have to let the UIL know if your intentions are to play football when you turn in your ADA. The UIL normally takes the ADA the second week of October.

Back in the pre-integration days, there were a lot of East Texas 6 (and 8) man schools. Many went straignt into Class A after integration.

Also, Tioga is a small community near Gunter (2A between Sherman and metromess) that is a K-8 school. They are implementing 6man into their JH next year, while adding one class of HS for the next 4 years. By the 2nd year (when they have freshmen and sophomores), they are wanting to start a HS 6man program. The AD over there says they anticipate quick growth in attendance, so it will probably be for only a few years, but he feels it will benefit them to play football now rather than wait until they have the numbers to play crowded field ball.

I can pretty well vouch that Savoy will play a 6 man schedule next year as well. Board will make final approval next week. Would be interested to hear more info on Union Hill, I know their enrollment numbers are low enough, however, we played them week three and they had 30 or so kids playing football so I would be surprised to see them make that move.

Coach Burkhalter
Savoy High School

Dusty, I think we will have about 25 out next year in high school after asking around. We'll have 20 playing next year in JH. I've got 11 6th graders playing right now. We'll be doing a lot more talking here in the next few weeks. I hope we have a district of Campbell, Savoy, Fruitvale, Fannindel, and Bloomburg.

Matt Davenport
Campbell ISD

Back