Rankings

This is why bringing back this website was a mistake. So much hate and no name to put it behind. Do better.
Not hating, just stating an observation. RS did the Rigdon’s wrong from everything I’ve heard and I know the kids would help anyone win state. Never said they did anything shady, just looks like they move every year.

I have been watching these rankings for lots of years and have never, I repeat, never seen May start the rankings in the top spot. So, yes, I am still kind of surprised. After last night, anything seems possible!

I’m pumped to see the divisional rankings when they come out, something about seeing the private schools mixed in with UIL just rubs me the wrong way. For my money, I’d take Strawn as the best team in the state regardless of division.

They have a great program, always have.
The Lone Star Football Network lists most of the historical records for the six man football schools including May. May showed an improvement in winning games since 2004 but previous to that was very typical of small town Texas schools with the exception for the 1975 thru 1977 period when May strung together really good teams and won a state championship in 1977.

Last edited:
May was very competitive in 80’s as well. One trip to State one to semi final, several quarter finals and Dist champs many years in a row. The major fall out for May was the move to 11 man.

Some of y'all simply don't understand coaching at all. As an assistant coach, moving a few times isn't that crazy. To my knowledge, we are talking about 3 moves in 4 years. Most coaches have done that at some point in their career. I honestly have no loyalty to any sixman team, but it does seem strange that we freak out when a kid transfers to one school, but when a kids transfers to another school (I guess one the poster likes) then this is considered to be fine. If you have an issue with changing schools, it should apply across the board.

My other question is, as a coach, am I supposed to leave my kids behind when I get a new job? If my kid is a stud receiver and I am looking at jobs, why would I not go to Southlake Carrol as apposed to 2-8 team. Shouldn't we put our kids in the best position possible to succeed?

BTW, not a sixman coach.

Some of y'all simply don't understand coaching at all. As an assistant coach, moving a few times isn't that crazy. To my knowledge, we are talking about 3 moves in 4 years. Most coaches have done that at some point in their career. I honestly have no loyalty to any sixman team, but it does seem strange that we freak out when a kid transfers to one school, but when a kids transfers to another school (I guess one the poster likes) then this is considered to be fine. If you have an issue with changing schools, it should apply across the board.

My other question is, as a coach, am I supposed to leave my kids behind when I get a new job? If my kid is a stud receiver and I am looking at jobs, why would I not go to Southlake Carrol as apposed to 2-8 team. Shouldn't we put our kids in the best position possible to succeed?

BTW, not a sixman coach.
Wouldn't you be looking for a school your stud receiver son could start on or at least make the top three on the position list? Southlake Carroll has lots of talented athletes including those coming up through the lower grades that know the system. He might not make the cut.

Back