Rankings

Blue Bird

Six-man pro
I have to say that I was surprised to see May ranked ahead of Sterling City. I guess we will see just how long they can stay on top.

Looking at May's schedule, Sterling City is the only team capable of beating them until the playoffs. I don't know how many starters Sterling City lost from last season but this should be a entertaining game.

I must be blind but I don't see Gorman or Panther Creek in the Rankings.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention. It's because they didn't play last week, or at least I didn't have games/scores for them from last week. I'll look into getting that changed so it will show them regardless.

Mike, Strawn's schedule changed from the game with Brookesmith to a game with SJMCS out of Burnet this Friday. The spread shows Strawn still playing Brookesmith. Just another last minute change.

Mike, Strawn's schedule changed from the game with Brookesmith to a game with SJMCS out of Burnet this Friday. The spread shows Strawn still playing Brookesmith. Just another last minute change.
Thanks for the update! I still had SJMCS playing Oakwood. The good thing is that when the schedule changes, the spread automatically change too.

Someone said something along the lines of schedules this year are just a guide. They weren't far off base! Obviously I haven't been this involved before, but there have been a LOT of changes. I can't imagine this is the norm, though. Just another thing we have to blame on COVID, I'd guess.

How is Tyler Heat Ranked higher than Throckmorton and Union Hill higher than Oakwood when Oakwood just beat them?

I think you might be looking at pre-season rankings. Oakwood is currently ranked #40 and Union Hill is #67. As for the other (Tyler HEAT / Throckmorton), I can't really say. They're only 3 points apart, though, so it's a really close ranking either way.

Let me just say that despite BC's reputation for having a good program, their present team has only 3 juniors and seniors. That makes them pretty young and inexperienced. With their meat-grinder of a schedule, they are likely to lose big every week till district. If they make it to district healthy, they should do alright.
As I understand how these rankings work, with every loss it will make May's win over BC worth less. Does that make some sense Mike?

As I understand how these rankings work, with every loss it will make May's win over BC worth less. Does that make some sense Mike?

Yes, that is correct. May will lose a few rating points that they gained with their win over Borden County. Of course we may not see it, depending on what happens with their game this week.

Back