Rankings are rigged

sixmanfan3":22ae7ucu said:
@ cowboy, sorry I don't find his post amuseing at all, obnoxious yes, amuseing no. Oh and by the way OFBA, please don't call me babe, I don't swing that way....maybe you should change your name to OFBAG, lol

Until I got that response, I was just fishing. All I can say now is welcome back to the board, Babe. Good luck to Aquilla's ball team.

oldfat&bald":37dya7w4 said:
Mr Granger Sir,

Shall I start the new thread whining about this weeks rankings? Or should I let some one really upset about it do it?
Let's wait for someone else to start it. I need a little time to think of a new way to say the same old gripe. :)

CowboyP":1tn835be said:
Obviously you take everything far too seriously. Although your pessimistic attitude and maniacal egotism are sometimes amuse me, your lack of humor bores me.

You take my seriosness too seriously. The fact that you call attention to my ego only feeds it more. But that aside - how can you accuse me of "maniacal egotism" when I don't think I have once typed out the maniacal laugh?

I think you spend too much time thinking about me. I get that a lot.

I got an idea. Why don't the individuals who disagree with the rankings on this site create their own website, their own ranking system and exist in their own little utopia? Everybody can have their favorite team or region dominate the rankings. This way everyone can be happy.

smokeyjoe53":1ozntmcm said:
I got an idea. Why don't the individuals who disagree with the rankings on this site create their own website, their own ranking system and exist in their own little utopia? Everybody can have their favorite team or region dominate the rankings. This way everyone can be happy.

It's the only fair thing to do.

Okie Dokie, that's good enough for me.
Here is my #1 ranked team in the new HHR&WPC&SWW OFFICIAL SIXMAN POLL:
Numero uno- Star. They don't have a great team but I like their name. It just sounds so Hollywood.

smokeyjoe53":23l0bz54 said:
Okie Dokie, that's good enough for me.
Here is my #1 ranked team in the new HHR&WPC&SWW OFFICIAL SIXMAN POLL:
Numero uno- Star. They don't have a great team but I like their name. It just sounds so Hollywood.

Holy smokes Smokey, the Tough Meat Pete Rankings have Star at #1. See, the rankings really are rigged!!!!!
(BTW, is a #1 ranking from Pete cheaper than a #1 Ranking from Granger?)

Just to answer some questions on why x is this and y is that... here's some data from the first level... the ranking it uses is the UBER that includes all schools... just some food for thought

Throckmorton is currently ranked #3
def #6 Valley 65-62
def #89 Chillicothe 50-0
def #136 Mullin 64-14
def #115 Irving Universal Academy 86-6
def #11 Dallas The Covenant 90-70
Best win is over #6
Worst loss is from #0
average opponent rating is 223.32

Aquilla is currently ranked #20
def #127 Coolidge 28-6
def #33 Calvert 32-22
def #118 Greenville Christian 62-16
def #195 Waco Vanguard College Prep 61-13
def #48 Milford 69-34
Best win is over #33
Worst loss is from #0
average opponent rating is 194.88

Water Valley is currently ranked #7
def #227 Blackwell 78-6
def #65 Klondike 56-0
def #26 Sterling City 64-34
def #126 Santa Anna 60-14
def #10 Sands 58-44
Best win is over #10
Worst loss is from #0
average opponent rating is 208.148

Sands is currently ranked #10
def #189 Lorenzo 63-18
def #105 Guthrie 56-0
def #109 Loop 60-14
def #26 Sterling City 91-47
lost to #7 Water Valley 58-44
Best win is over #26
Worst loss is from #7
average opponent rating is 211.562

Granger, when you explain things that well it forces me to work harder to find a reason to complain. Can you please stop saying things that make sense? I'm lazy. Please make things easier for me. :)

Two weeks ago, Valley was at a 285-and-change rating. The increase showed a plus 1.-something. They stayed at 285. Last week Valley had a rating of 285-ish and showed an increase of 2. something. Today, they're rated at 286, showing an increase of 2.01.

By my count, Valley should be setting on a rating of around 290. I'm trying to figure out why the increase/decrease column does not add up with the actual change in week to week Power Ratings.

rainjacktx":2io54wk3 said:
screwed this one up. Ignore this post

sometimes in the effort to keep things for being to static I use a random number generator just to change stagnant ratings,
especially if someone is always harping on how we are screwing their team. and sometimes I just subtract the day of the month . . .

Back