Rankin V Ira

Devil pup, I thought for sure we would not hear from you since you talked so much crap about Ira getting man handled by them huge players from Rankin, then you had to pull your foot out of your mouth. No im not a player but maybe I have an offspring whom names was mentioned alot lastnight if you where there

I wont have very long to brag about Ira though because Ira is going to get 45'd by ACHS so I better enjoy it while I can

CowboyP":g58jo5bw said:
IMO, you're jumping the gun. You are assuming valley & Throck will face off for the title. There is no guarantee either team will make it that far.

I will guarantee Valley's participation in the Finals. So now you have your guarantee.

rainjacktx":2jl9jefb said:
CowboyP":2jl9jefb said:
IMO, you're jumping the gun. You are assuming valley & Throck will face off for the title. There is no guarantee either team will make it that far.

I will guarantee Valley's participation in the Finals. So now you have your guarantee.

You went one game to far in your prediction Rainman.

rainjacktx":7un4m0tt said:
CowboyP":7un4m0tt said:

You're starting to sound like the kids bragging about ACHS.

oldfat&bald":59e6pqpk said:
rainjacktx":59e6pqpk said:
CowboyP":59e6pqpk said:

You went one game to far in your prediction Rainman.

No. I make no predictions about the finals because I will not be bothered to care about the east half of the bracket. for me to guarantee a state championship. But I do pay attention to the west, which is why I can guarantee with relatively high confidence that Valley will be in the finals.

CowboyP" You're starting to sound like the kids bragging about ACHS.[/quote said:
Nope. You haven't heard me talk about heart or how hard they hit, or how fast they run. Plus, I can spell correctly and present a logical argument.

Quite simply, the big four from the southwest regions will beat each other to a bloody pulp just to get to the semi-finals. And even on their best day they're not going to be able to run on Valley. the Patriots have not given up 100 rushing yards in any game this season. I'm not the stats guy, but out of six games, I can't think of a team that has rushed for even 60 yards.

False. Must be just talk. Their best player by far is Norwood, of corse he played the whole game. He is a top RB and great on D as well.

Really though who has Valley played that can run the ball? Im thinking that Crowell and Throck are primarly spread offense but I could be wrong. Just asking im not sure

rainjacktx":3hjxo0jj said:
Dogface":3hjxo0jj said:
What is it exactly
that they are doing so well
against the run?

They tackle the ball carrier.

Hmmm..
I guess that would do it.

(Actually I was wondering specifically
if they were exceptionally good at:
shooting the gaps,
tackling below the waste,
chasing them down from behind,
open field,
etc.
Sorry I didn't spell it out like you were a 2 year old)((Philidelphia))

ryry":pax9lmjz said:
Really though who has Valley played that can run the ball? Im thinking that Crowell and Throck are primarly spread offense but I could be wrong. Just asking im not sure

Throck tried to run. They couldn't. But they have some excellent receivers, so they went with the passing game. Crowell's spread back was shut down.

Dogface":2s4mf6sy said:
rainjacktx":2s4mf6sy said:
Dogface":2s4mf6sy said:
What is it exactly
that they are doing so well
against the run?

They tackle the ball carrier.

Hmmm..
I guess that would do it.

(Actually I was wondering specifically
if they were exceptionally good at:
shooting the gaps,
tackling below the waste,
chasing them down from behind,
open field,
etc.
Sorry I didn't spell it out like you were a 2 year old)((Philidelphia))

They're good at all of it. Good ends. Good mike. Corners that crash. Excellent open field tackling.

In response to sixmanfan333's statement as to Rankin's best player not being on the field. Rankin's best defender was out and was out the week before against Meadow. He's also at integral part of their offense. Now as to whether or not he is their best player, not sure, I'd leave that up to his teammates and coaches to answer. It was a great game regardless. As a fan, it was one of the top 3 i have watched in the last couple of years. It ranked up there with the BC-GC games of last season in my mind.

not sure how that post could be mistaken as an excuse. A statement was made and a reply was merely posted in response. A loss is a loss, those young men handled it with character. Nothing more, nothing less.

Donkgrind":f6v0n40k said:
From what I understand rankin and Ira are both run oriented offenses, and valley
Has a great run defense, to outscore valley it's gonna take a minimum of 60 points and that is not happening via the run game by any team in sixman! That is not an opinion, that is a fact.
As for the your bridesmaid comment, valley made it to state back to back years with no defense, this year the run defense is second to none, and pass defense is much improved and getting better, I wouldn't say the pass defense will stop throckmorton just yet, but there are several more weeks left.
Another huge advantage valley has is depth, where most sixman schools have to depend on staying healthy for 13 or 14 weeks, valley is two deep at almost every position that are gonna be better than anyone elses starters no matter who they are playing. From what I saw at Hico the only question is will throcks run defense improve more, or will valleys pass defense improve more, that will be the determining factor in who wins it all in D 1 this year.

To date, I would say Valley's pass defense would have to improve some more. But you are plain silly if you believe none of these other teams are a determining factor in Div. 1. It may be Valley in the west, then again it may not. It may be someone not even on this list, but I doubt it. BTW, the information below is not opinion, it is facts!

Valley 163 points allowed
65 Throck
36 Spur**
42 Crowell
6 Paducah
14 Happy

Ira 134 points allowed
24 Follet
48 Knox City**
12 Ropes
4 Loop
46 Rankin