Crowell v Ira Update?

Good game, listened to it streaming. Didn't seem as closely matched as WV/Crowell last week (which I also only heard via internet radio)

Difference was a defensive stand by Crowell in the 3rd qtr. Crowell was up by 2 (32-30) and forced a turnover on downs after Ira had a 1st and goal at the 6. Crowell got the ball at the 1 and took it the length of the field then for a 40-30 lead. Crowell was eventually up 48-30 but gave away a quick score in what was essentially garbage time.

Final score: Crowell 48 Ira 36

PopRay":z8rgjtc5 said:
Thanks Football 86'....Congratulations to Crowell...winner of Region 2...

No problem.

Caprock Kid":z8rgjtc5 said:
Is it safe to say that the monkey is alive and well in Ira Tx.

First, full disclosure: Crowell alum, class of '86.

I really don't think you can fault Ira, from what I could tell they seemed slightly over-matched. Don't know anything about their team and it's not like it was a blow-out, but WV seemed more the victim of a "monkey". After the first play from scrimmage tonight (a 48 yard rushing score by Morris from Ira) it really seemed that Crowell was just a stronger team and that the eventual outcome was simply a matter of time.

Water Valley was the beneficiary of several early Crowell mistakes, had a strong (20 point) lead early-on but couldn't close the deal. Ira was never ahead by more than 8 and it seemed inevitable that they weren't going to be able to hold it. Hope I'm not offending anyone, just calling it as I heard it.

techster2000":37zl27su said:
Any word on the Bond kid?

Elbow was reset and he made it back in time to eat supper with the team.

I about passed out watching him and his dad try to reset in on the sideline. Kid is as tough as a box of rocks!!

Wouldn't surprise me to see him suited up on saturday for Valley.

Back