Rankin V Ira

sixmanfan2

11-man fan
Do believe that was the best game I have ever seen. Two great teams that will meat up again . Ira is the real deal boys. All the talk of them being young , OK maybe a little but not that young . Offense starters two seniors, one junior , two sophomores, one freshman. Defense starters three seniors, one junior, one sophomore and one freshman. Also remember guys they have the 2009 All State New Comer of the year Lance Morris and the 2010 All State New Comer of the year Jared Cotton. And I have no doubt that they have what will be the 2011 All State New Comer of the year Logan Morris . Lance's little brother. And don't forget sophomore QB Tyler Goodwin who proved last night he can handle the Big Game situation. Great team this year possibly even better next year.

I would have loved to have seen this game. I had Ira as my number two team and Rankin as number three and thought Ira would win by six.

I had a previous commitment to help with a broadcast of the Gordo/Highland game which Gordon won in the last couple of minutes in the 4th quarter.

Yes, to the nay sayers, Ira Bulldogs are for real. They have a mixture of age on the team but are mostly young. This was a great win for them defeating a very good Rankin team and doing so on the road even more impressive.

Don Hardin
@sixmancentral
sixmancentral.blogspot.com
Abilene, Texas

I second that. It was the best game I have ever seen no doubt, and yes they will meet again. Both teams played a heck of a game and it was a nail bitter down to the last second. I did see Ira making a few more mental mistakes than Rankin and a few more flags thrown to cause Ira not to have a bigger lead. Kuddos to Rankin for having a great ball club. It was a perfect matchup for size vs speed. My hats off to all the players and coaches, no one should have their head down after that performance plus its still early in the season and Rankin will get another shot at Ira in the playoffs. I have to say great game Bulldogs for showing everyone we are the real deal for seasoms to come.

donhardin":3mxj6amt said:
I would have loved to have seen this game. I had Ira as my number two team and Rankin as number three and thought Ira would win by six.

I had a previous commitment to help with a broadcast of the Gordo/Highland game which Gordon won in the last couple of minutes in the 4th quarter.

Yes, to the nay sayers, Ira Bulldogs are for real. They have a mixture of age on the team but are mostly young. This was a great win for them defeating a very good Rankin team and doing so on the road even more impressive.

Don Hardin
@sixmancentral
sixmancentral.blogspot.com
Abilene, Texas

And the mysterious Mr Hardin Sir comes out of hiding from his super secrete, undisclosed location deep in the heart of six man football country to post.

Good to see you Mr Hardin Sir.

Your intitled to your "guess" for the Water Valley vs Rankin game but you probably havnt seen Rankin or Ira play. And just because Water Valley beat Sands doesnt make Water Valley unbeatable by any means. Yes it will be a great game and it will be decided on the field.

As of now, I give Sands the advantage in the BC game. The seniors on that team have been playing second fiddle to BC for a long time, and are tired of it. Sands made the mistake last year of losing week to week focus and missed the playoffs by losing to a pretty good Grady team. They won't make that mistake again. We also have to remember that there's a pretty good O'Donnell team in that mix.

Sands scrimmaged Ira. I believe it was 7-7. Second I'm not drinking and definitely not anointing sands they just got whooped last week. I guess Ira is anointed I bet Borden is shivering at the thought of playing Ira. Or is that Ira fans begging for Borden to beat sands so they don't have to play Borden first round

And about water valley being unbeatable who said that? Just think they will beat rankin!! Here's the whole deal anybody can beat anybody this year. There is no cake walk. Rankin can turn around next week and beat Ira. Borden can beat rankin. Sands can beat water valley. That's all that Ira win did. It let us know everybody is a player in this region.

It doesn't really matter who's the best between Ira, Rankin, Sands, WV, or BC. They will all be fighting amongst themselves for the right to lose to Valley in the semi-finals.

I dont think Ira cares who they play, they only want to play the best team they are hungry for a state run. Also it was just a scrimmage. Ira also scrimmaged Sterling City and Ira beat them 8 touchdowns to 0. I agree all these teams mentioned are in the run for state. This is a touch region, probably the toughest in the state, everyone has a chance for a state run, it just comes down to which teams wants it more on Friday night. All I can say is its going to be a great season this year with alot of great football clubs fighting it out for a win

They will get that chance every week of the playoffs. Me personally I think bc is the favorite only team that knows what it takes. And why that rainjacx is so confident now that they barely beat sands at wv. You need to calm down a little. Go beat rankin and then you'll be in the same shoes as Ira.

Mustang, the Rainman is from the Valley up close to Silverton. They will have a cake walk through that north region and then lose to the eventual, battle tested state champs in the semi-finals.

Back