Rankin V Ira

This southwest region is TOUGH. BC, Sands, Rankin, WV, Ira, and don't forget a rising O'Donnell and an ever improving GC team that is looking forward to the chance to play spoilers in their district. Whoever comes out of this region will be extremely well tested by the semis. The question is, will they still be healthy enough to finish the job?

Holy smokes, I've started talking real football. Someone may think I've gotten serious or something. Time to go back to the Newby thread.

rainjacktx":14yf5f0z said:
It doesn't really matter who's the best between Ira, Rankin, Sands, WV, or BC. They will all be fighting amongst themselves for the right to lose to Valley in the semi-finals.

You talking about the "Bridesmaid"?!

The only chance any of those team have in the semi finals is valley will be at a disadvantage because the semi finals will probably be the first full game valley plays since week 3.

The team that comes out will be the healthy team and that healthy team will crush valley that barely lost to throckmorton that hasn't or won't play anybody until they get crushed at state by any of these five teams. Yes gc,odonnell,and don't forget aspermont will be a challenge but that's it a challenge not a threat more than a fluke one game upset.

oldfat&bald":piy2mvrt said:
Mustang, the Rainman is from the Valley up close to Silverton. They will have a cake walk through that north region and then lose to the eventual, battle tested state champs in the semi-finals.

We'll see whose buses are heading to Abilene this December. If I were Rankin, Ira, BC, WV, or anyone from Districts 2-8 of Division-I, I would be wasting my time making hotel reservations.

Bill O'Rielly":3iyz6wp9 said:
Valley will not make it. Well, if they do they will once again be the Bridesmaid! I see a pattern, don't you.........??

I'm not making any predictions about the finals...yet. But Valley will be playing in the last game of 2011.

oldfat&bald":2oz17ycg said:
As of now, I give Sands the advantage in the BC game. The seniors on that team have been playing second fiddle to BC for a long time, and are tired of it. Sands made the mistake last year of losing week to week focus and missed the playoffs by losing to a pretty good Grady team. They won't make that mistake again. We also have to remember that there's a pretty good O'Donnell team in that mix.

Who the heck
ARE you??
It's like I don't even know you anymore.

Dogface":qoplllbw said:
oldfat&bald":qoplllbw said:
As of now, I give Sands the advantage in the BC game. The seniors on that team have been playing second fiddle to BC for a long time, and are tired of it. Sands made the mistake last year of losing week to week focus and missed the playoffs by losing to a pretty good Grady team. They won't make that mistake again. We also have to remember that there's a pretty good O'Donnell team in that mix.

Who the heck
ARE you??
It's like I don't even know you anymore.

O'Donnell??
Seriously?
Their team chemistry's prolly been
purty wracked for this year.
Ouch!

From what I understand rankin and Ira are both run oriented offenses, and valley
Has a great run defense, to outscore valley it's gonna take a minimum of 60 points and that is not happening via the run game by any team in sixman! That is not an opinion, that is a fact.
As for the your bridesmaid comment, valley made it to state back to back years with no defense, this year the run defense is second to none, and pass defense is much improved and getting better, I wouldn't say the pass defense will stop throckmorton just yet, but there are several more weeks left.
Another huge advantage valley has is depth, where most sixman schools have to depend on staying healthy for 13 or 14 weeks, valley is two deep at almost every position that are gonna be better than anyone elses starters no matter who they are playing. From what I saw at Hico the only question is will throcks run defense improve more, or will valleys pass defense improve more, that will be the determining factor in who wins it all in D 1 this year.

Ira heard the same thing from Rankin followers. There was no way Ira could block guys twice their size, and there was no way Ira's small young team could play defense with such huge more experienced Rankin team. And well we all know what the outcome was. Yes Ira is a pretty much tight offense but they run the spread very well too, they can mix it up with the best of them. I agree Valley is the team to beat but they havent met a team yet with speed like Ira either, im just sayn Ira is lookn for a state run

IMO, you're jumping the gun. You are assuming valley & Throck will face off for the title. There is no guarantee either team will make it that far.

Guess I'll jump in on this debate. Sands unfortunately lost the big stud running back and defensive star, had knee scoped earlier this week, may be back in 2-3 weeks. They only suit out 9 kids on varsity and are probably the smallest (school pop wise) in div I. with that being said I think Sands will still beat BC and O'Donnell and make a serious run in the post season. When Sands drops to Div II next year, Katy bar the door.

Katy bar the door. That's for sure. Why would one hope to go Div 2. It has a determined ending in the name of Richland Springs. Though it is a narrow field in Div 1, it is undetermined until played out.

smokeyjoe53":ili8tipe said:
Let's see, who could cowboy possibly be thinking of? HMMMMMMMM, Do you really think Penelope is gonna make a run?
In all seriousness, neither Aquilla nor Abbott can be ignored. Both are good teams with a hunger for the title.
The west bracket is another story. There are several very good teams. It won't be easy for any of them.

Back