Power houses?

FuturePro1

11-man fan
Well with the 2012-2013 football season over and the 2013-2014 season right around the corner, anyone have any predicitions on who will be the states top power houses?

I heard that Knox City was going to have over 50 athletes out for football. I don't know if quantity will translate to quality but keep an eye on them. Also Follet had some pretty good athletes at the regional track meet so they may be back depending on how many they graduated this year.

Water Valley plays two of those four on the road this year so I guess we'll find out if they're a contender or a pretender before they ever hit the playoffs.

The power houses who are year after year in the playoffs smashing others are.....

1. Richland Springs...... You can hate them all you want, You can bash them all you want, You can say they never play anyone good in the pre-season, You can say they never go to Hico...... BUT......every year they are the last one standing hold that piece of UIL wood that says STATE CHAMPIONS........ we all know this is a power house
2. Throckmorton.... Coach Reed has built power houses every where he's been, T-ROCK is the newest.
3. Valley... No-one ever talks about Coach Tyler and the program he has up north, They're very tough to beat at home, and their making deep playoff runs every year.
4. Borden County... Coach Ritchie will keep turning out program after program over there in Gail Texas.
5. Abbott... (if you put them in the West, they're no powerhouse) Since their in the East, they are the Beast of the East.

After these guys you have
Ira and Petersburg
These two schools keep tossing up 10 win seasons every year.
Two very good coaches that are on the cusps of the top 5 listed above.

And I'm sure these same 5 will be VERY GOOD again.
These schools graduate talent every year, but they have this thing called A PROGRAM WITH TENURE IN THEIR HEAD COACH.

These guys know what they're doing

10th annual Jayton Gridiron Classic

Petersburg
vs
Throckmorton

I don't know what either team has coming back, but this could be a very good week 0 game.
And Jayton is A LOT closer to Levelland than Hico

I concur with everyone's picks for powerhouses this season. I see the top dogs from last season back at it again. I think a couple will have to rebuild a little but I don't think we will see much of a hiccup. Two teams (D1) I would like to add in 1) Crowell- this team will sure stir things up even more this season, watch out for this squad. 2) Grady- I'm really looking forward to that week 1 game, Grady at Ira.

Wonder Dog,
So if the WV were somehow able to pull off a win at Borden County this year after narrowly defeating them at home last year would they garner some consideration for inclusion on your lofty list? Perhaps they could be included with the also rans like Ira and Petersburg? I realize that they've only had three straight 10 win seasons and haven't gone very far in the playoffs which is why I'm not campaigning for inclusion with the big dogs but still... 32-3 in the last three years ain't too shabby.

Back