Playoff Rankings!!!

6 man believer

11-man fan
Alright here we go, playoffs!! Here are my ranking going into week 1 of playoffs.

1. Midland
2. Boerne
3. Baytown
4. Rockwall
5. Watauga
6. Abilene
7. Sugar Land
8. Round Rock
9. Vanguard
10. Hill Country
11. Katy
12. Pasadena
13. Houston Emery

1. Boerne
2. Midland
3. Baytown
4. Rockwall
5.Sugarland
6.Watagua
7. Round Rock
8. Waco V
9. Hill
10. Abilene
11. Katy
12. Pasadena
13. Emery

1.) Boerne (their speed will get them past Midland)
2.) Midland
3.) Baytown (don't know much about them but hard to argue with a 10-0 record)
4.) Watagua (already beat rockwall) if #6 is out they move down to #10 and everyone moves up a spot
5.) Sugarland (good team and could make some noise)
6.) Rockwall (good team but find a way to have close games) fyi... if you play in their house make sure to bring plenty of kicking balls because you will be jumping fences or running into traffic to get them!
7.) Round Rock
8.) Katy (this is a good team and #32 is solid out of the backfield) Look out round Rock
9.) Abilene (should get past AHC fairly easy)
10.) Pasadena ( could very easily find themselves playing Baytown in the second round) look out Rockwall
11.) AHC
12.) Emery (think they are a little too slow to hand with Watauga)
13.) Waco V (highly overrated and lose to solid Sugar Land team)

1. Boerne
2. Midland
2. Baytown
4.Sugar Land
5.Watauga
6. Katy
7. Round Rock
8. Pasadena
9. Rockwall
10. Hill Country
11. Emery
12. Abilene
13. Waco

1 - 3 teams are all very good and very healthy. Midland is good, but I rate them 6/10 on a physical scale. Geneva is a very sound team. Baytown has not been stopped yet. There are questions about Watauga's health so they slide to #5. With that, Sugar Land should slide up to the 4 spot. Katy is a solid team, 32 should be all district. Pasadena is scrappy and I have them upsetting Rockwall if their (Pasadena) health issues are resolved. Rockwall is a playoff team but very overrated, yes, I have seen them play twice. HC, not much info. Emery is a good team with a good scheme. Abilene has been overrated all year by this board for whatever reason. I see them better than Waco at 13.

Harvest #6 is a good player but while not as deep as some of the other teams they have several other playmakers that could easily step up. Late in the year i'm sure lots of kids are dealing with injuries thats football.

Abilene is not overrated, I've seen them play this year and they have great size and a couple of talented running backs especially #10. They will put up a fight with anyone they play.

Their record does not reflect how they play very well.

Abilene's record does reflect how good they are... May be a decent team but clearly not making a big impact in the playoffs.. They have been romped by Midland, Boerne, and Heritage. Luckily for them they are in a weaker bracket with AHC

RocketMan4":2fhzpxw7 said:
Abilene is not overrated, I've seen them play this year and they have great size and a couple of talented running backs especially #10. They will put up a fight with anyone they play.

Their record does not reflect how they play very well.

Overrated or not is debatable. Potential versus results..... We were rated much higher than we should have been early in the year for sure. I think where we stand now accurately reflects our year. We've had the potential to be somewhere between our early season rankings and our current rankings, but the results haven't been there.

We don't have the depth that we've had the last few years, but we still have plenty of good players to potentially be able to win more games and be in the top 5 TAPPS D1 teams. And the kids worked their tails off all summer long and through the season too. We have several good and well-conditioned athletes. We've yet to figure out how to prepare and effectively use all of them though. Going through our incredibly tough pre-district schedule was brutal and a little bit demoralizing at times. We had several injuries in those early weeks that really set us back. Everybody's been back in the lineup since district started, but some of the confusion from those early games has stayed with us. It's been very disappointing to see our program have such hard times this year. Hopefully we'll get things put together better this week and through the playoffs and into next year.

As painful as this season has been for ACHS fans, one thing about this season that is a LOT better is the new TAPPS districts. Having district games that are much more competetive makes for more exciting football. If we'd come out on top of more of those games it would have been even better, of course! LOL But having games that go 4 quarters every week is an improvement in the overall competition level for sure. The playoffs should be more competetive overall this year as well.

Good luck to everybody!

I find it interesting that anyone would put Rockwall ahead of Watauga since Watauga beat them soundly at Rockwall's home field and have a better record. The game was not that close. After Rockwall went up 16-0 in the first quarter, Watauga beat them 61-28 in the subsequent 3 quarters. If you can't put up 50 or 60 points in 6 man, you are not going to win the game (at least against Watauga that averages 60 per game and has not scored less than 50 in any game).

The cool part is that since we have a playoff system, it is time to put up or shut up. Let the games begin and let the record show for itself.

I went to maxpreps website to look at statistics. Baytown and Boerne (and other top ranked teams) don't even show up. Is that because they do not report statistics to the site? Is there a more reliable source of statistics?

Points scored and points against can be a little tricky. There are some teams that race to 45 the opponent and go home. To me, the object is to win the game and to play as many players as you can to develop your bench for this year and next. Last year Abilene ran up 63 on us in the first half after we had driven 3 hours there to play them. They never took out the first team offense. I felt bad for the parents and the players of the Abilene team. If the backups did not get in for that game...when do they ever get into the game. So my point is, points scored may be a good indicator of an offense, but points against may show that the other team scored while backups were in.

That being said, Baytown won their last game against Logos prep 34-28. Strange score for 6 man football but we weren't there and a win is a win. Hard to analyze that score. One touchdown per quarter? Who knows.

Let the games begin and we will decide it on the field. Either way, we accept the outcome and shake hands and say...well done.

Saw video on Baytown. They look very good deserving of a top 3 ranking if not higher. Size and speed. They Remind me of Midland ground and pound. If they play Rockwall that will be a great game. I'll be rooting for Rockwall along with all the North Texas teams. Fan of district 1. There are some good players and good teams; there is some good football being played in Private school 6 man. Whoever wins the whole thing will have earned it.

WataugaHCAdad":2l8k23fb said:
Points scored and points against can be a little tricky. There are some teams that race to 45 the opponent and go home. To me, the object is to win the game and to play as many players as you can to develop your bench for this year and next. Last year Abilene ran up 63 on us in the first half after we had driven 3 hours there to play them. They never took out the first team offense. I felt bad for the parents and the players of the Abilene team. If the backups did not get in for that game...when do they ever get into the game. So my point is, points scored may be a good indicator of an offense, but points against may show that the other team scored while backups were in.

That being said, Baytown won their last game against Logos prep 34-28. Strange score for 6 man football but we weren't there and a win is a win. Hard to analyze that score. One touchdown per quarter? Who knows.

Let the games begin and we will decide it on the field. Either way, we accept the outcome and shake hands and say...well done.

Years ago, Coach Coley used to try to avoid 45ing teams. But after he had a couple of good players get injured late in games that could have ended sooner he decided that it was best to get up 45 before putting in the subs. He didn't like to 45 teams for any ego-type reason. He just wanted to get it done and get off the field. There are pros and cons whichever philosophy you have on that, obviously. And whichever way you go, you'll have people complain. That was what he felt was best for his team.

Db....
U said baytown looks deserving of maybe top 1-2 spot? You think they have a chance or talent to play with Boerne or midland and if so why haven't we heard anything about them until now? No stats etc....

Back